Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

With all these VIII's dropping this late in the year during the year of the VII and no info or leaked pics of any VIII's releasing in '16 is it pretty safe to say that 2016

won't continue to carry out the theme NIKE/JB started years back of "The Year of the what ever retro # is next. I haven't seen any VIII's for 2016. Aqua for BF release is nice,

but would've been nicer in 2016 witch would have been the year of the VIII would be A nice AS week release. O'well the sooner the better.

Why the glitter tho? Ogs had glitter? I'm disappointed
Og's have glitter

Og's grey was probably the same fresh out the box

Hard to tell now due to the old age and dirt that's built up on the OG pairs

Last edited:
Trying to figure out sizing on these. I'm a size 10 for most of my Jordans and they fit great, but the occasional pair of size 10 (ie. my Baron 9s) are too tight. I'm thinking I should go 10-1/2 on these given the padding inside of 8s. I'll just have to wait closer to release day and see the feedback on how this particular retro fits.

Trying to figure out sizing on these. I'm a size 10 for most of my Jordans and they fit great, but the occasional pair of size 10 (ie. my Baron 9s) are too tight. I'm thinking I should go 10-1/2 on these given the padding inside of 8s. I'll just have to wait closer to release day and see the feedback on how this particular retro fits.
8s are always TTS

A lot of places still have the 3 Peat 8's so you can go in store and try those on. That's what I did to make sure they still fit TTS unlike those Baron, Statue, Anthracite 9's and Laney 14's. Even though 8's have that extra padding they still fit TTS in my opinion.

Last edited:
Good looks and suggestion. I think it might have just been the 9s that ran small overall- I couldn't even fit my foot into the Barons inside sleeve. I'll probably roll TTS with the size 10 on these Aquas since I've been hearing a lot of feedback from people planning to buy TTS.

Been waiting to break out this jacket for the aquas...

Offset! I'm rockin this jacket with aquas for a week straight
nthat.gif
That would have went good with the bordeaux too my friend. Wish I could find vintage Nike and Jordan clothes.

My 2007 8s cracked after 3-4 wears :rolleyes and the Air Jordan on the straps never rubbed off on any of my 8s but maybe it's because I wear the 8s unstrapped.

View media item 1776006
Different experiences for different people I guess but my 2007 8s didnt start cracking until about 3 years ago. But I was the original owner and got mine at footlocker back in 2007 and wore them immediately. The "air jordan" on inside straps of my play offs started rubbing off because back in high school I had a nasty habit of crossing my feet when I sat in class. But other than that the uppers on both pairs look great for shoes that have 150+ wears after 8 years. I feel like you guys think I'm asking for a miracle shoe here lol but I'm not, I'll gladly pick up a pair of the 2015s if they're worth it. For some the updated colors are good enough and that's cool. I personally don't think that the JB got the 07s wrong per say, it was regular business for JB to bring back OG colorways with a twist and the aquas and many other shoes like the 2011 bordeauxs and even the 2012 Olympic 6s are proof of that. But for me Im more focused on quality and durability of the shoe. If for some of you the soles cracked at 3-4 wears id think you would hope that JB addressed that issue and other quality issues that past versions had.

Aesthetically(visually and colorwise) THE 2015 PAIR IS IDENTICAL TO THE OG PAIR ALMOST 100%.

Was the OG's glitter reminiscent of Michael Jacksons glove??!

Cause the pair I had in hand today.... Someone went a little OD on the glitter.

Everything else is on point though.

Earlier this summer when pics of 2015 Bordeauxs began circulating around the sneaker sites, they definitely did not receive the same response that these 2015 Aquas are getting. Hate to beat a dead horse and not trying to derail the thread, but I own the 2015 Bordeaux 7s and the toe bump problem that ppl always bring up goes away when you wear the shoe. The toe box is widened and stretched when you stuff your foot in and forces the bump flat.

Also the "flimsy" feeling of the Bordeauxs this year I'm thinking came from JB using lighter weight materials on them in comparison to retro 7s released prior to 2015. Hell, might as well say all the retro 7s released prior to Bordeauxs. I'll tell you why. The Marvin the martian 7s which succeeded the Bordeauxs this year were also much lighter in weight compared to other retro 7s and had the same bump on the toe. They're the only two like that. Barcelona nights & days, French blues, Hares, N7s, and C&C aren't super light or have widespread pronounced toe box bumps like the Bordeauxs and Marvins do, in my experience. Really wondering if this is because JB eliminated some unseen paneling or something? Or is it them actually using lighter materials to construct the upper or produce the midsole? People with the 2015 aquas in hand have already mentioned that the midsole is softer than the midsole on previous retros. Waiting to have Cosby sweater joints in hand to see if they continue the trend. Anyway if not for the midsoles on the 2015 Bordeauxs being a smidge darker than how OGs midsoles were, they were pretty damn correct. One of my fav releases this year along with these aquas. Hare 7s, Oreo 4s, Chi,UNC,SBB 1s, supreme camo 5s, and anthracite 9s were also good. Plus we're bout to get maroons and chromes.. 2015 was dope.

My 2007 8s cracked after 3-4 wears :rolleyes and the Air Jordan on the straps never rubbed off on any of my 8s but maybe it's because I wear the 8s unstrapped.

View media item 1776006
Different experiences for different people I guess but my 2007 8s didnt start cracking until about 3 years ago. But I was the original owner and got mine at footlocker back in 2007 and wore them immediately. The "air jordan" on inside straps of my play offs started rubbing off because back in high school I had a nasty habit of crossing my feet when I sat in class. But other than that the uppers on both pairs look great for shoes that have 150+ wears after 8 years. I feel like you guys think I'm asking for a miracle shoe here lol but I'm not, I'll gladly pick up a pair of the 2015s if they're worth it. For some the updated colors are good enough and that's cool. I personally don't think that the JB got the 07s wrong per say, it was regular business for JB to bring back OG colorways with a twist and the aquas and many other shoes like the 2011 bordeauxs and even the 2012 Olympic 6s are proof of that. But for me Im more focused on quality and durability of the shoe. If for some of you the soles cracked at 3-4 wears id think you would hope that JB addressed that issue and other quality issues that past versions had.

I'm having a hard time believing you wore them 20+ times without a single crack. They had the same paper thin paint the 2006 4s n 2007 3s had on the midsole.

I love the Playoff n Aqua 8s so even with the cracking issue I would buy them over and over again :lol:

But... I'm extremely happy they fixed the issue on the 2013 Playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom