Aquemini = Downfall of hip-hop. Proof inside.

I mean seriously, you can only go down from Aquemini. Released a little over 10 years ago, I continue to play this album, and I'm totally enamored by thebeats, lyricism, and overall creativity. How could this album not be considered the pinnacle of hip-hop? And I know I'm not saying anything that someonedoesn't know, want to admit, or face. But I'm convinced the world haven't since, and will not see a masterpiece on this level.

u should re name your thread because it is kind of mis leading but yeah i agree with you, Aquemini is a GREAT album, chonkyfire is one of my fav songs.

You should re-name the thread, I thought you were putting Kast on blast. But, I agree- I'm trying to think of a better album that has come out since...???

It's a shame that they used the Idlewild "album" to take a credit off of their album requirements instead of calling it what it was, asoundtrack. But other than that they'd have a perfect discography.

Kinda off topic, but does the album version of storytellin pt 1 have slicc ricc on it? And idlewild wasn't that bad lol. Morris brown was sicc.

Even the sun goes down
Heroes, eventually die
Horoscopes, often lie

I love Aquemini. I'm not sure it's THAT much better than Stankonia (BOB, Red Velvet, Slum Beautiful, Toilet Tisha, Ms Jackson, So Fresh......people actlike this album wasn't incredible) or any other 'Kast album for that matter though.

"Skew It On The Bar-B" go hard. "Da Art of Storytellin'" (both parts) are ill. Spottie......is epic. Incredible album.

i BEEN telling yall. greatest hip hop album off all time... I'm not saying their other albums aren't as great, but Aquemini is simply the best..

Outkast>>

"the south got somethin to say thats all i gotta say"

i like atliens best
a few songs of aquemini were too out there for me
and i only like the 1st half of stankonia, the other half is again to out there for me

YO! ^ Second half had "?", "Red Velvet", "Gangsta ****", and "Toilet Tisha."
greatest hip hop album off all time
As long as I'm on sound mind, September 29, 1998 will have a special place in my heart. The day my life changed.

DF!!!

Aquemini is way better than Stankonia, it just has that IT factor that never gets old.

Such a flawless album.

Outkast= The Beatles of hip-hop

They have 4 or 5 albums that you could legitimately argue is their best...and the case for any and every one of those albums being the best in hip-hop historyhas been made.

i initially came in here to
smh.gif
at you because of the title, but i'll have toagree with you. aquemini is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by onewearz

mamacita
pimp.gif

album is fire ..........
ohwell.gif
One of my least favorite tracks on there.

eek.gif

She n__ bashin sayin you don't need em in your world
N__ all dogs? If n__ all dogs, then what you call broads?
Felines in heat, meowin for some yarn balls
Now you and her done got to drankin
Oh now it's really crunk, cause y'all silly drunk
and your girl done got to thinkin
She talkin bout, "Girl you look so beautiful"
You say thank you bein nice you try to change the subject
Want some beans and rice? But she's back at you like a pit
mixed with a chihuahua how much meaner can you get?
Don't let her have her way with you she's gonna have a fit
You're the candy apple of her eye and bout to get bit
here's what you do -- you
grab her by her neck, throw her on the wall
Say, "Trick don't ever disrespect me never not at all"
These simple words can put a pause to half of the applause
Them black ball laws of balance at all cost

pimp.gif

So wait a minute. You are arguing that because you feel Aquemini was the best hip hop album to come out, and nothing else since has been as good, Aqueminikilled hip hop? Um ok? One of the most illogical arguments, maybe ever.

Aquemini is one of the best albums ever, but I just feel ATliens just a lil bit more, prolly cause of when it came out. Idlewild is not a good album.

I started playing this album on daily basis about a month ago and I think that I like it as much, if not more than Ready to Die, my personal all time favoritealbum. Outkast is on a different level of Hip-Hop; their beats, lyrics, and concepts are too ill.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by onewearz

mamacita
pimp.gif

album is fire ..........
ohwell.gif
One of my least favorite tracks on there.
lol, see this is the funny thing about Aquemini, one of the least liked songs on there is still a banger.

Since we are talking about Aquemini , On DJ Drama's cd there is a part IV to the art of storytelling what happened to part 3?

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! ^ Second half had "?", "Red Velvet", "Gangsta ****", and "Toilet Tisha."
greatest hip hop album off all time
As long as I'm on sound mind, September 29, 1998 will have a special place in my heart. The day my life changed.

DF!!!

Tell them boys! ...Thinking that he outta be a pimp SIMPLY c uzhe don't like LOVE!

"?" is that *#%% fam...

Besides that, I kinda got a thing for Aquemini cuz me and my __ we roll together like Batman... and Robin. We pray togetherthrough hard times and smoked out when it was fitting. and now we tapping the brakes from all them corners that we be bending. In Volkswagens andBonneville's, Chevrolet's and Coupe Devilles -- if you ain't got no rims __, don't get no woodgrain steering wheel, for real. You can gon'chill out and still build. Let ya paper stack. Instead of going in overkill, PAY YO *@%#*@! BEEPER BILL *%@#*!

Real talk, real life music FTW fam
pimp.gif
Big Boi is hip-hop's Certa mattress
smh.gif

Probably because the title is semi-misleading and he came in to agree.

Just the same this is a Top 5 album for me.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom