Are Cadillac Northstar engines bad engines??

Yo NT, im thinking about getting a used Caddy CTS. They have northstar engines and a few people I know have nothing but bad things to say about them. I am definately not a carhead, so should I reconsider my choice??Its an 06 CTS with 70k miles for $11,000...what ya think.Thanks in advance.

always thought they were reliable, Id google and look for a caddy forum or an old school forum though

The older ones were known for head gasket problems, but i heard in the newer models they are built much better

My pops has a CTS from like 2003 or 2004.  Whenever they first came out he bought one new.  That thing is still going strong to this day.  Close to 200k miles on it.  He's planning on getting a new one this year because ol girl is finally breaking down on him.  I'm impressed though with it though.  I know myself and my brothers put that thing through hell when we learned how to drive.  I plan on getting a caddy myself one of these days.

First off the CTS, outside of the V series, has a v6...not a northstar so either A. You're lying or B. You're just that ignorant because how someone can consider buying a car and not know the rasclot engine is beyond me

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

First off the CTS, outside of the V series, has a v6...not a northstar so either A. You're lying or B. You're just that ignorant because how someone can consider buying a car and not know the rasclot engine is beyond me

/Thread

laugh.gif
/\

yea thats a bad deal./price as well... almost bought an 07 with 30k on it for 13,9xx before I copped my scion

think i recall seeing a loaded 05 with 50k for 10,5xx also... check blueknobauto.com if ur anywhere near PA, best prices... easy

UPtownsdotnet, why would I lie about getting a car? And in the threaf I clearly state im not a carhead!! Im talking over with some friends on of I should get the cts or an impala, they say go with the impala cause cts have northstar engines and they are junk......so I make this thread.
Why the need for the loose lips calling people ignorant?... Computer tough guy stuff is so funny to me.

CTS's Don't have Northstar engines ..

The V-series engine is a Vette Engine

Sooooo

you should be straight if the previous owner kept up the proper Maintenance

Back in the day they had electronics issues. But when i worked at the Caddy dealer, I didnt see anything out of control.

Originally Posted by Been Fly Since 85

UPtownsdotnet, why would I lie about getting a car? And in the threaf I clearly state im not a carhead!! Im talking over with some friends on of I should get the cts or an impala, they say go with the impala cause cts have northstar engines and they are junk......so I make this thread.
Why the need for the loose lips calling people ignorant?... Computer tough guy stuff is so funny to me.

wth happened to my post
indifferent.gif

Yea dude OD'ed. Some of the earlier ones had issues but like others have said you keep up with the maintenance and you'll be good.

Originally Posted by mossman75

The older ones were known for head gasket problems, but i heard in the newer models they are built much better

The gaskets on my 97 Deville went a few years ago. Cost me a grip to fix. But shes worth it.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

The gaskets on my 97 Deville went a few years ago. Cost me a grip to fix. But shes worth it.

My brother has a 98 deville, he put some blue devil in his and its been holding up ever since. Been like a year now

My brother has a 98 deville, he put some blue devil in his and its been holding up ever since. Been like a year now

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

30t6p3b.gif

Shake your head all you want but its working, my brother knows alot about cars, not some average joe can do this. Its alot more to it, and make it so bad blue devil is not made to use in northstar engines. You just gotta know what your doing

Back
Top Bottom