Are Jordan Retros less special now?

OG Jordans are always special, but the demand is way down thanks to multiple retros of the same colorways, a change in fashion trends, and increased production. I’d say interest now is like it was in the early 2000s

They’re still special to me especially the OG colorways. Instead of impulse buying I double up on OG colorways and keep it moving.

They’ve had some hits (cement/blk X’s And white/blk/turbo VIII’s) and misses with the retro+ colorways.

They're definitely worth less. I used to sell 2000-2001 retroes for a hundred bucks more than I have sold a pair recently but the quality was way better then for sure. It's just less in demand now.

For me being older my interest has been lessened from not seeing OG molds. Used to be not a big deal, then became more of a big deal when we got to the 5th version of a retro and the shape and details still aren't really close to the original yet the game pretends it is.

This is great. We've been begging for this since 2006.

Now we can get what we want

They have never been special. Just another pair of cheaply made synthetic leather shoes that take advantage of pur nostalgia. I am glad they are slightly less popular now because the price gouging Nike does is awful. I'm all for Js hitting the sales rack.

yes. they are not worth the materials jb uses to make them. 80's shoe technology still being implemented with a $200 price tag. For instance, my all time favorite jordan retro 3 paint still chips on heel and this seems like this would be an easy fix for jb to make.

Lol, at people even alluding to JB being done. It’s the same cycle. Every brand gets it time in the sun. Jordan’s will have their time again. Just like in ‘09 it was quiet, then it caught fire ~’12.

As for you Op, just sounds like bored of it. It was a staple in your youth, but it will never be as exciting as it was before to you. It’s like watching an old movie you liked as a kid, that wasnt quite as good when you watched it as an adult. You’ve probably been following the brand for awhile. Take a layoff.

Jordans have definitely lost their luster. If it's not Yeezy or high end footwear, there isn't an overhype in demand.

To me it depends on who you’re asking. To an older fan like me, they are as special as they were. Because my reasons for liking them in the first place had nothing to do with price or rarity or the trends of a moment. But for all the people who are Johnny Come Latelies who wanted them due to hype and limitedness and because the internet told them to like them and for resell potential, I’m sure they’re not.

Jordan drove me away from buying its products for years because of the crap quality and limited BS and actually everything else that made hypebeast kids like them. Improving the quality while increasing production and cutting out a lot of that BS is exactly what brought me back in 2015.

Asking if they are as special to some of us is a different question from, are they as popular to the masses as they were not long ago? Two different things in my book.

Back
Top Bottom