Are Land Rovers such as, range rover, discovery series, and etc. the worst cars to own???

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

I really don't understand how this car can have such a notorious history of unreliability and NEVER improve.

If people won't stop buying it do you guys think theres another way to get this company to do better by its consumer base?

Its great branding.
Blame celebrities that buy expensive cars just because they're expensive. Thats all a land rover is. Cheaper cars and SUVs are FAR superior off road vehicles. I'll admit, in terms of silhouette and styling they look nice...but you gotta dead all that when the car doesn't work as a CAR. Most of the issues i've seen with it are ridiculous for the amount of money those things cost. Its insane. 

Blame idiots who don't research vehicles before they purchase.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

I really don't understand how this car can have such a notorious history of unreliability and NEVER improve.

If people won't stop buying it do you guys think theres another way to get this company to do better by its consumer base?

Its great branding.
Blame celebrities that buy expensive cars just because they're expensive. Thats all a land rover is. Cheaper cars and SUVs are FAR superior off road vehicles. I'll admit, in terms of silhouette and styling they look nice...but you gotta dead all that when the car doesn't work as a CAR. Most of the issues i've seen with it are ridiculous for the amount of money those things cost. Its insane. 

Blame idiots who don't research vehicles before they purchase.

yea i heard they were that bad also............talked my mom out of getting one. the eletrical systems are really bad someone told me.

still look great, but thats not cool bein in the shop a lot.

yea i heard they were that bad also............talked my mom out of getting one. the eletrical systems are really bad someone told me.

still look great, but thats not cool bein in the shop a lot.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

just passed on a 2003 with like 70ish on it for 10k ...i wanted to just cop it as an extra workhorse but decided against it...

tre......
eek.gif

no need for me to post 03 range rover auto trader search results with plenty over 70k miles but.................
eek.gif

i know that you know that was good money
laugh.gif

just passed on a 2003 with like 70ish on it for 10k ...i wanted to just cop it as an extra workhorse but decided against it...

tre......
eek.gif

no need for me to post 03 range rover auto trader search results with plenty over 70k miles but.................
eek.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by flight23air

laugh.gif
even the dudes on Top Gear make fun of the poor reputation of the car.  And they love the car but even they will admit that it will break down.  

on the flip side they can go through some pretty tough conditions.

Your joking right? In regards to the Ranger: Thats the is the last SUV I'd take off the road.
laugh.gif

I've seen these %@*%! get stuck in mud/snow sooooo easily.
my jeep has been in extrememer situations
pimp.gif

knee high mud. easy.

knee high snow. plows right thru it.

slick roads, no hard slicks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by flight23air

laugh.gif
even the dudes on Top Gear make fun of the poor reputation of the car.  And they love the car but even they will admit that it will break down.  

on the flip side they can go through some pretty tough conditions.

Your joking right? In regards to the Ranger: Thats the is the last SUV I'd take off the road.
laugh.gif

I've seen these %@*%! get stuck in mud/snow sooooo easily.
my jeep has been in extrememer situations
pimp.gif

knee high mud. easy.

knee high snow. plows right thru it.

slick roads, no hard slicks
pimp.gif

A guy at my job has a 07 range rover sport and he said that it cost him $8,500 for a new suspension... OUTRAGOUS!!!

A guy at my job has a 07 range rover sport and he said that it cost him $8,500 for a new suspension... OUTRAGOUS!!!

- Land Rover built its reputation from off-road competence; and few vehicles are as capable off-road as the LR4 or Range Rover (Jeep Wrangler / Hummer / Land Cruiser / 4Runner / G-wagon / Defender 90 / maybe Xterra / maybe Grand Cherokee / Cherokee).� In the automotive industry the Land Rover is the go to vehicle for anything off-road...it's viewed as an unflappable mountain goat.� That's what you're paying for (not reliability ; capability)!� Like a race car, the more complex a vehicle becomes, the more potential problems which could arise, especially electrical /technological.

- Land Rover built its reputation from off-road competence; and few vehicles are as capable off-road as the LR4 or Range Rover (Jeep Wrangler / Hummer / Land Cruiser / 4Runner / G-wagon / Defender 90 / maybe Xterra / maybe Grand Cherokee / Cherokee).� In the automotive industry the Land Rover is the go to vehicle for anything off-road...it's viewed as an unflappable mountain goat.� That's what you're paying for (not reliability ; capability)!� Like a race car, the more complex a vehicle becomes, the more potential problems which could arise, especially electrical /technological.

I hate land rovers, they're ugly as sin and are mainly driven by stunters and women who think they're doin it

I hate land rovers, they're ugly as sin and are mainly driven by stunters and women who think they're doin it

always wanted one

but they would be sitting in drive ways for years

this one guy was going to sell his for dirt cheap

but a 16-17 year old pushing a range wasnt a good look back then thinking bout it
laugh.gif

always wanted one

but they would be sitting in drive ways for years

this one guy was going to sell his for dirt cheap

but a 16-17 year old pushing a range wasnt a good look back then thinking bout it
laugh.gif

Methedy24 wrote:

Oh great. You don't know what you're talking about.
The price that you're paying for what technical achievement? That Range Rover/LR4 are driven by most people in urban conditions and most people never would consider taking that thing off road and they STILL have problems. 

Sounds like you're someone who doesn't really research cars. 

Methedy24 wrote:

Oh great. You don't know what you're talking about.
The price that you're paying for what technical achievement? That Range Rover/LR4 are driven by most people in urban conditions and most people never would consider taking that thing off road and they STILL have problems. 

Sounds like you're someone who doesn't really research cars. 

Originally Posted by Al Audi

tre......
eek.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif
i mean maybe...honestly someone snapped it up while i was still debating BUT it was priced at that for a reason...im sure it had its demons and was gonna cost me plenty to keep on the road

im still looking at like a 99ish as a 2nd or 3rd car...i love that body style...

Back
Top Bottom