Are Land Rovers such as, range rover, discovery series, and etc. the worst cars to own???

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Kingtre

just passed on a 2003 with like 70ish on it for 10k ...i wanted to just cop it as an extra workhorse but decided against it...

tre......
eek.gif

no need for me to post 03 range rover auto trader search results with plenty over 70k miles but.................
eek.gif

i know that you know that was good money
laugh.gif
i mean maybe...honestly someone snapped it up while i was still debating BUT it was priced at that for a reason...im sure it had its demons and was gonna cost me plenty to keep on the road

im still looking at like a 99ish as a 2nd or 3rd car...i love that body style...

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Methedy24 wrote:
- Land Rover built its reputation from off-road competence; and few vehicles are as capable off-road as the LR4 or Range Rover (Jeep Wrangler / Hummer / Land Cruiser / 4Runner / G-wagon / Defender 90 / maybe Xterra / maybe Grand Cherokee / Cherokee).� In the automotive industry the Land Rover is the go to vehicle for anything off-road...it's viewed as an unflappable mountain goat.� That's what you're paying for (not reliability ; capability)!� Like a race car, the more complex a vehicle becomes, the more potential problems which could arise, especially electrical /technological.

The price that you're paying for what technical achievement? That Range Rover/LR4 are driven by most people in urban conditions and most people never would consider taking that thing off road and they STILL have problems. 

Sounds like you're someone who doesn't really research cars. 

- You're missing the point.  Land Rovers / Range Rover's were never intended to be daily drivers, akin to say a mid-size sedan (ford fusion / honda accord / toyota camry/ nissan altima, etc.)  The Range Rover is a purpose built vehicle...and
fantastic at what it was designed to do.  The fact that people happen to like the appearance of the vehicle and, consequently, use it as a daily driver is an interesting aside (contributing to eventual mechanical problems).  If you're worried about vehicle lifespan, get and keep the warranty or lease it. 

- (Response to last point)      I've been a car enthusiast since age 3.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Methedy24 wrote:
- Land Rover built its reputation from off-road competence; and few vehicles are as capable off-road as the LR4 or Range Rover (Jeep Wrangler / Hummer / Land Cruiser / 4Runner / G-wagon / Defender 90 / maybe Xterra / maybe Grand Cherokee / Cherokee).� In the automotive industry the Land Rover is the go to vehicle for anything off-road...it's viewed as an unflappable mountain goat.� That's what you're paying for (not reliability ; capability)!� Like a race car, the more complex a vehicle becomes, the more potential problems which could arise, especially electrical /technological.

The price that you're paying for what technical achievement? That Range Rover/LR4 are driven by most people in urban conditions and most people never would consider taking that thing off road and they STILL have problems. 

Sounds like you're someone who doesn't really research cars. 

- You're missing the point.  Land Rovers / Range Rover's were never intended to be daily drivers, akin to say a mid-size sedan (ford fusion / honda accord / toyota camry/ nissan altima, etc.)  The Range Rover is a purpose built vehicle...and
fantastic at what it was designed to do.  The fact that people happen to like the appearance of the vehicle and, consequently, use it as a daily driver is an interesting aside (contributing to eventual mechanical problems).  If you're worried about vehicle lifespan, get and keep the warranty or lease it. 

- (Response to last point)      I've been a car enthusiast since age 3.

just passed on a 2003 with like 70ish on it for 10k ...i wanted to just cop it as an extra workhorse but decided against it...

tre......
eek.gif

no need for me to post 03 range rover auto trader search results with plenty over 70k miles but.................
eek.gif

laugh.gif
i mean maybe...honestly someone snapped it up while i was still debating BUT it was priced at that for a reason...im sure it had its demons and was gonna cost me plenty to keep on the road

im still looking at like a 99ish as a 2nd or 3rd car...i love that body style...

Without a doubt.
Those are the hardest looking trucks on the market...but just like a bad ***$* with a fat %!%... everything that looks sweet ain't good for you... 
tired.gif

tre......
eek.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif

Without a doubt.
Those are the hardest looking trucks on the market...but just like a bad ***$* with a fat %!%... everything that looks sweet ain't good for you... 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

My friend's dad gave him his discovery. He's paid about 12 g's in repairs in 2 years.

roll.gif
Sounds like pops just wanted to pass off the burden to some other sucker. 

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

My friend's dad gave him his discovery. He's paid about 12 g's in repairs in 2 years.

roll.gif
Sounds like pops just wanted to pass off the burden to some other sucker. 

i had a white one and it was nice and picked up alot of girls. but it was in the shop every three months.

i ask the technician why i had to bring it in so much, when i never had to bring in my escalade to the shop. he just told that the car has over 100 computers compared to 20 something to the escalade
alien.gif

i had a white one and it was nice and picked up alot of girls. but it was in the shop every three months.

i ask the technician why i had to bring it in so much, when i never had to bring in my escalade to the shop. he just told that the car has over 100 computers compared to 20 something to the escalade
alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom