Are u suppose to have a dream job?

I want a pineapple farm and a Latina to cook for me and tuck me in at night

Work so that one day I won't have to, hopefully at a decent age.

Don't care about titles, prestige, legacies, none of that **** matters to me. When you die it's up in ashes anyways and those that think they'll live on in memory must not understand geography.

Humanity barely even makes a blip on the radar, and looking at things now in terms of deep time we will leave almost as quickly as we came.

I will enjoy everything life offers while I can and die with a smile on my face. Don't really care to be pretentious, long as the fam is taken care of and im straight life is good.

MY.

____.

4c8cc30e_hollywood-shuffle-o.gif

Every word. I don't desire acclaim. Just comfort for myself and everyone I care about and enough money to live in hedonistic bliss and help as many people in need as I can while never falling into debt. Highly unrealistic desires right? But that's why the word "dream" comes into play.

Last edited:
Some people can't have dream jobs because their interests are not profitable or can't provide a decent steady incoming, and others can.

dream job? if you are lucky enough to be born in the right circumstances, then yes you should have one.

some people are stuck with a dead-end job for life not by choice.

Im fascinated by venture capitalists, however i have a limited understanding of the intricacies involved...i just know that you need money to invest tho...

for me, myself and i, personally I'm learning I'm not very comfortable with being someone's boss, i like doing work myself...id have a hard time delegating tasks, especially if i know i could do a better job myself

Last edited:
If I had a dream job I'd just stay home all day, watch Scarface 50 times, eat a turkey sandwich and have sex all ******* day

dream job is the thing that you currently do almost every single day, not for money, but for enjoyment

My imaginary job would be to become a basement scientist and discover how to teleport items.

But that doesnt pay the bills it creates them sooo

My dream job is probably becoming a race car driver but that ship has probably sailed because i didnt come from a background that gave me the necessary skills

So my aspiring job is to sit behind a big desk in a comfy office with a view and use my brain to make decisions rather than my hands to work hard.

People aren't remembered for just being some random dude, people are remembered for great acts, it's. crazy there is even a discussion of the importance Of historical figures and why one WOULD (not should) aspire to be one. Mentality thing I guess...I know i can get a good job and provide for my family, that's not a question to me... I want to provide to history, to the world in some way as to be remembered long after my time on this planet.

Glad to know most of you don't think that way, lets me know I have the right state I mind. Lol
if you want to be in the history books,create the history books.

Being a therapist has always been my dream. I would specifically love to work with stroke/TBI patients. I've came so close to passing my boards. Imma keep it pushing because I know its my calling. All this adversity I'm currently facing is a humbling experience..

You should do something for a living that you like doing, not try and apply for jobs based on salaries lol.

I had a prof in university who owned a few companies himself who once said "if you get that queezy feeling in your stomach on sunday night about going into work the next morning, you're probably not in the right job." I dunno how people do it who are in that position. 

People aren't remembered for just being some random dude, people are remembered for great acts, it's. crazy there is even a discussion of the importance Of historical figures and why one WOULD (not should) aspire to be one. Mentality thing I guess...I know i can get a good job and provide for my family, that's not a question to me... I want to provide to history, to the world in some way as to be remembered long after my time on this planet.

Glad to know most of you don't think that way, lets me know I have the right state I mind. Lol
And what makes your state of mind the "right?"

It's what I've decided was right. You don't agree cool, don't want your life, you don't want mine.

If I ever say "I just want to provide for my family" set the bar for my happiness,my satisfaction in life, that low, then I'd shoot myself. Taking care of my family is a given, not a goal.

Ambition.

My dream job would prob be a professional race car driver for Ferrari lambo mclaren etc :pimp:

It's what I've decided was right. You don't agree cool, don't want your life, you don't want mine.

If I ever say "I just want to provide for my family" set the bar for my happiness,my satisfaction in life, that low, then I'd shoot myself. Taking care of my family is a given, not a goal.

Ambition.
Agree to disagree. I just assumed based on your posts that you think your aspirations are more valuable than others. Maybe I took it the wrong way.

I've only worked for the "Man" for a few years, and already I can tell that you are never really free working for someone. It's a necessity for a time period, everyones gotta work for someone at some point, but the key is to transition into working for yourself. The only way.

No...you didn't take anything the wrong way. I do feel like my aspirations are greater than others.

Some people watch, some people do...watching a for chumps.

*Kanye Shrugs*

Last edited:
I'll just pretend I took it the wrong way and hope you're really not that pompous.

social work....

helping disadvantaged teenagers and immigrant adults get prepared for the workforce of now...

sounds corny but i LOVE it

Back
Top Bottom