Are you an Atheist? What Promted Your Choice?

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Atheism is entirely overrated to me and I firmly believe that a lot of people who think they're atheists aren't really. That said, I don't believe in organized religion but do believe in God/gods/whatever.
Could you explain your position?

Atheism is entirely overrated to me and I firmly believe that a lot of people who think they're atheists aren't really. That said, I don't believe in organized religion but do believe in God/gods/whatever.

I firmly believe that a lot of people who think they're religious, aren't really.
ohwell.gif

I firmly believe that a lot of people who think they're religious, aren't really.
ohwell.gif

Not religious at all.. idk Im still on the fence about a lot of things...

In a way I feel like there has to be something that just created people, gave us 2 ears, a mouth... all that for a reason.. and created this universe

Then at the same time I find it crazy how so many people put this faith and devote their lives to someone who they have never seen, go to Church and give money because they feel like that is what God wants them to do... and basically live their whole lives for something that they don't know for sure is true

If I went and told someone right now that I saw a big spaceship and it landed in front of my house but nobody else saw.... they would automatically think im crazy... but these same people believe that someone can hear and see everything going on in the universe... and if you are bad he has the power to send you to burn for all eternity....

Not to mention there are thousands of religions out there across the world... everyone devotes themselves to that religion in belief that it's right... but out of all those religions 99% of them are wrong... not all of them can be right... so we got people out here just living their whole lives on something false

Im not going to dismiss the notion that there can be a God out there cuz I think that its possible... but as far as all the stories of how Earth was created and relgion and the rest of that nonsense it is all BS!

Not religious at all.. idk Im still on the fence about a lot of things...

In a way I feel like there has to be something that just created people, gave us 2 ears, a mouth... all that for a reason.. and created this universe

Then at the same time I find it crazy how so many people put this faith and devote their lives to someone who they have never seen, go to Church and give money because they feel like that is what God wants them to do... and basically live their whole lives for something that they don't know for sure is true

If I went and told someone right now that I saw a big spaceship and it landed in front of my house but nobody else saw.... they would automatically think im crazy... but these same people believe that someone can hear and see everything going on in the universe... and if you are bad he has the power to send you to burn for all eternity....

Not to mention there are thousands of religions out there across the world... everyone devotes themselves to that religion in belief that it's right... but out of all those religions 99% of them are wrong... not all of them can be right... so we got people out here just living their whole lives on something false

Im not going to dismiss the notion that there can be a God out there cuz I think that its possible... but as far as all the stories of how Earth was created and relgion and the rest of that nonsense it is all BS!

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I just think some people are too quick to characterize/label themselves as atheists without truly understanding that there are alternative viewpoints that don't fall under organized religion, etc.. This comes from my experiences with many of my friends. So while I believe there are plenty of true atheists out there, I also believe a lot of people haven't done their due diligence and proper research.
I believe in a higher being / God but don't believe that any of the organized religions (and their texts) have it right (they've effed up the message imo). That said, I'm merely talking about the Abrahamic religions. I haven't really studied the many other alternatives (like Buddhism and Hinduism, etc..).

I just think some people are too quick to characterize/label themselves as atheists without truly understanding that there are alternative viewpoints that don't fall under organized religion, etc.. This comes from my experiences with many of my friends. So while I believe there are plenty of true atheists out there, I also believe a lot of people haven't done their due diligence and proper research.
I believe in a higher being / God but don't believe that any of the organized religions (and their texts) have it right (they've effed up the message imo). That said, I'm merely talking about the Abrahamic religions. I haven't really studied the many other alternatives (like Buddhism and Hinduism, etc..).

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Although I no longer subscribe to a religion, that doesn't make me any less moral or immoral a person

See this is what people don't understand. For the longest, anytime I talked to someone about me questioning the existence of Go, they automatically chalked that up to me being a Devil Worshipper. 
laugh.gif
. I usually say, fool, if I don't believe in God why do you think I believe in the Devil? They usually had no answer.

But I had to explain to this girl that she needs to get rid of the idea of finding a "God fearing man" and dismissing a dude because he doesn't fear God or believe in him. Other than going to church, what is wrong with dealing with someone that isn't a believer? I can be the best dude you have ever met but because I am not Christian means I should be dismissed? Also, not to mention dudes that she dealt with in the past WERE Christian and they did her dirty, so what can you really say about a man's faith and how that relates to the type of dude he is/will become? Nothing.

QFT!!!!!!!!!

In order to believe in the devil, you have to believe in God. Theistic devil worship is one of the most irrational things I've ever heard of. Why would anyone ever willingly join the "losing team"? It's been made clear in the bible that rolling with Satan is an L.....this is if you believe in the devil that was described in the bible.

I got heartaches you wouldn't believe stemming from these two posts...
30t6p3b.gif

swyftdahoe wrote:

swyftdahoe wrote:

chrisbrownsideeyeo.gif

Well this is why i'm not going to even try and reply.

My work here is done.

Although I no longer subscribe to a religion, that doesn't make me any less moral or immoral a person

See this is what people don't understand. For the longest, anytime I talked to someone about me questioning the existence of Go, they automatically chalked that up to me being a Devil Worshipper. 
laugh.gif
. I usually say, fool, if I don't believe in God why do you think I believe in the Devil? They usually had no answer.

But I had to explain to this girl that she needs to get rid of the idea of finding a "God fearing man" and dismissing a dude because he doesn't fear God or believe in him. Other than going to church, what is wrong with dealing with someone that isn't a believer? I can be the best dude you have ever met but because I am not Christian means I should be dismissed? Also, not to mention dudes that she dealt with in the past WERE Christian and they did her dirty, so what can you really say about a man's faith and how that relates to the type of dude he is/will become? Nothing.

QFT!!!!!!!!!

In order to believe in the devil, you have to believe in God. Theistic devil worship is one of the most irrational things I've ever heard of. Why would anyone ever willingly join the "losing team"? It's been made clear in the bible that rolling with Satan is an L.....this is if you believe in the devil that was described in the bible.

30t6p3b.gif

swyftdahoe wrote:

swyftdahoe wrote:

chrisbrownsideeyeo.gif

My work here is done.

For the vast majority of people their religion is something that was forced upon them at birth and taught to them while at a very young and impressionable age. I do realise that some people find religion later in life as a mature adult, such as born again Christians for example, (note "again"), but they are very much in the minority in the overall world population. Some of us even reject religion as mature adults, even though we were raised in a religious belief. Religion is, to the majority, a belief system that they were indoctrinated into, not one they chose when they were of an age to make their own decisions, because by that time they were already conditioned into the 'faith'. Religion is therefore very much to do with a person's society, culture and history and says little about a person's faith. Faith of course is real, lots of people have faith in one religion or another, it's the truth of religion that I call to question.
Read more

http://www.thekeyboard.or...%20religions%20false.htm

For the vast majority of people their religion is something that was forced upon them at birth and taught to them while at a very young and impressionable age. I do realise that some people find religion later in life as a mature adult, such as born again Christians for example, (note "again"), but they are very much in the minority in the overall world population. Some of us even reject religion as mature adults, even though we were raised in a religious belief. Religion is, to the majority, a belief system that they were indoctrinated into, not one they chose when they were of an age to make their own decisions, because by that time they were already conditioned into the 'faith'. Religion is therefore very much to do with a person's society, culture and history and says little about a person's faith. Faith of course is real, lots of people have faith in one religion or another, it's the truth of religion that I call to question.
Read more

http://www.thekeyboard.or...%20religions%20false.htm

Originally Posted by Napoleon

laugh.gif

QFT!!!!!!!!!

30t6p3b.gif

swyftdahoe wrote:

swyftdahoe wrote:

chrisbrownsideeyeo.gif

My work here is done.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Napoleon

laugh.gif

QFT!!!!!!!!!

30t6p3b.gif

swyftdahoe wrote:

swyftdahoe wrote:

chrisbrownsideeyeo.gif

My work here is done.

roll.gif

I gotta say I support my man AntonLavey on this.

Another thing: if theres a God and a Devil and the Devil is so damn smart and tries to trick everyone into worshipping him, whos to say he hasnt tricked everyone into thinking he is "God" and that God is the "Devil". He coulda flipped the script on everybody and yall would all be too dumb to see it...

Thats one of the reasons Ive read a lot about both theistic Satanism and Satanism. Ultimately though, Im not gonna label myself as anything. I believe in some sort of higher power and I call that power God, but might as well call it Benny or the Doobie Brothers or whatever, its all the same IMO.

I gotta say I support my man AntonLavey on this.

Another thing: if theres a God and a Devil and the Devil is so damn smart and tries to trick everyone into worshipping him, whos to say he hasnt tricked everyone into thinking he is "God" and that God is the "Devil". He coulda flipped the script on everybody and yall would all be too dumb to see it...

Thats one of the reasons Ive read a lot about both theistic Satanism and Satanism. Ultimately though, Im not gonna label myself as anything. I believe in some sort of higher power and I call that power God, but might as well call it Benny or the Doobie Brothers or whatever, its all the same IMO.

To answer the initial question, no i am not an atheist.  It is obvious that God/Allah/infinity/pure consciousness exists in so many ways.   Many popular religions, however, have become attached to a false image of what God is; typically a man in the sky who literally controls every aspect of our lives.  This is likely the main reason why so many people have turned away and have claimed atheism

To answer the initial question, no i am not an atheist.  It is obvious that God/Allah/infinity/pure consciousness exists in so many ways.   Many popular religions, however, have become attached to a false image of what God is; typically a man in the sky who literally controls every aspect of our lives.  This is likely the main reason why so many people have turned away and have claimed atheism

Originally Posted by ENZ0 FERRARI

To answer the initial question, no i am not an atheist.  It is [color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]obvious[/color] that God/Allah/infinity/pure consciousness exists in so many ways.   Many popular religions, however, have become attached to a false image of what God is; typically a man in the sky who literally controls every aspect of our lives.  This is likely the main reason why so many people have turned away and have claimed atheism

roll.gif

To be fair, what is God to you?

Originally Posted by ENZ0 FERRARI

To answer the initial question, no i am not an atheist.  It is [color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]obvious[/color] that God/Allah/infinity/pure consciousness exists in so many ways.   Many popular religions, however, have become attached to a false image of what God is; typically a man in the sky who literally controls every aspect of our lives.  This is likely the main reason why so many people have turned away and have claimed atheism

roll.gif

To be fair, what is God to you?

Back
Top Bottom