Asher Roth - Asleep in the Bread Aisle (album cover and tracklist).

Originally Posted by mossman75

Album is weak and corny, even his lyrics are corny

Me and Teddy Ruxpin/Stirring up a ruckus/Egging all the houses/Smashing all the pumpkins

alot of his lyrics seem thrown together
son, your favorite rappers lyrics are thrown together.

And did you even listen to the song you took apart? It's a ridiculous song and that's the point of it...to just have fun.

He's not the greatest lyricist ever but he has fun with what he does

wait a second.... ya'll are tellin me Asher got a track with Beanz....I guess I have to give this a chance after all....

I seen dude gave it a 3/10 ugghhcckkk is it worth it?

I'll give it a listen and update...also if it's worth it I will cop....supporting hip hop FTW
pimp.gif

This album has no direction oncesoever. Maybe that's the point but I have a hard time taking it serious.

Album is dope i was at the release party at the Rivington Hotel and chatted it up and burned an L with him he's madd cool and his music knowledge is tighti have a whole new respect for him after meeting him. i been listening to his album and it's not bad at all, nor am i sayin it has diamond sellingpotential .....but it is wat it is a white kid who can spit with no street cred it's something NEW! and a breathe of fresh air i'd much rather listento this than lil boosie or shawty lo (sorry NT i got my flame suit on but can't get wit that gawbage), and if names like Beans, Busta, Wale, and otherartists recognize his potential then i think y'all gotta sit back and listen

I think it's a very chill album. He puts it out there for you to dissect and some will like it, some won't. I've listened to the album on the traineveryday since Tuesday.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

wait a second.... ya'll are tellin me Asher got a track with Beanz....I guess I have to give this a chance after all....

I'll give it a listen and update...also if it's worth it I will cop....supporting hip hop FTW
pimp.gif
idk why but for some reason it didn't make the album

Originally Posted by tmukg21

70k sold, good job Asher
damn that's not bad. it ain't even hit the weekend yet...

i'm skeptical to even listen to this album though...

somebody lead me to one of the best tracks on myspace / imeem or somethin...

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

pimp.gif
...it's one of the two iTunes bonus tracks

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by mossman75

Album is weak and corny, even his lyrics are corny

Me and Teddy Ruxpin/Stirring up a ruckus/Egging all the houses/Smashing all the pumpkins

alot of his lyrics seem thrown together
son, your favorite rappers lyrics are thrown together.

And did you even listen to the song you took apart? It's a ridiculous song and that's the point of it...to just have fun.

He's not the greatest lyricist ever but he has fun with what he does
laugh.gif

This album has no direction oncesoever. Maybe that's the point but I have a hard time taking it serious.

with an album title like that. I dont think thats happening
laugh.gif

went out and bought the album.

thats how you should know the album is nasty. I've bought like 10 CDS since 2004...this is one of them.

Asher Killed it!

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

went out and bought the album.

thats how you should know the album is nasty. I've bought like 10 CDS since 2004...this is one of them.

Asher Killed it!

Could just mean you tight on funds

Honest opinion I was looking to be let down by a corny Eminem sounding, Lil Wayne over pronouncing rapper...and Asher delivered....

he still eerily sounds so similar to Em but I looked passed that and gave it a listen and this ain't half bad...

he's got his own kinda macheezemo he rocking with....like his flow and delivery are similar to Em's but also distinctly different....

he is def for a younger audience though however the album is put together nicely....I would say my favorite tracks on the album are....

(in no particular order)

Bad Day
As I Em
La Di Da
Be By Myself
Blunt Cruisin'
pimp.gif

His Dream

The other tracks ain't bad but there not really for me...Lion's Roar wasn't bad at all though and Busta's verse was dope...

Oh and Perfectionist got a real cool vibe to it and Beans goes in...must be easy to get that feature when you're from PA
laugh.gif

Overall Vote: 7/10 solid debut project
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom