Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I love Filipino females, but is it just me or do they not age well?

This is from my own experience / observation unless I'm missing out on Cali Filipino girls.
I think this is 50/50. The one's I've met atleast.

Where I'm from. A lot of us Filipino - Americans don't associate with Filipino-fobs.

Is this true in your area ?
I think this is true. Simply due to the fact they recently immigrated to the US.

I had this issue back in HS when my Fil-Am friends hated one the 'FOB' filipinos. I can even say I was part of the problem, not wanting to associate myself with them. But I learned and I realized that they have a really hard time transitioning to US culture, especially when no one befriends them.

And in regards to speaking tagalog, I think my mom wanted me to be fluent, so she and my lola, spoke to me in tagalog, but my Dad spoke to me in English. The end result is that I understand tagalog completely...But can't speak a lick lol.

One thing about the Filipino community that I have a really hard time accepting is that some expect you to help them out, SIMPLY because you're Filipino...It doesn't help with the fact I work for Immigration too.
mean.gif

the filipino tribe dudes sound lame and like burnouts to me. 

you aren't a tribe. all of you have a seat. it's not that serious.

@instagram

Are you originally from the Philippines? I never understood the hate towards fobs; there are a bunch in my family.

Last edited:

@instagram

Are you originally from the Philippines? I never understood the hate towards fobs; there are a bunch in my family.
yessir. born in 83 moved to NJ in 87. 

acclimated so quickly.

most of the filipinos who hate fobs are those who's racial identity is closer towards that of white acceptance or proximity. it's sad 

Japanese style tattoos are one of the most popular styles out there. I never read or heard about Japanese people having a problem with non-Japanese people having them. The art looks good.

Japanese style tattoos are one of the most popular styles out there. I never read or heard about Japanese people having a problem with non-Japanese people having them. The art looks good.

Its always white people saying "You have an asian tattoo? What country are you from?" "You have a tribal tattoo? What tribe are you in?"

Last edited:
yessir. born in 83 moved to NJ in 87. 

acclimated so quickly.

most of the filipinos who hate fobs are those who's racial identity is closer towards that of white acceptance or proximity. it's sad 

making fun of FOBs used to be a thing in middle school, but my and me friends have grown up considerably since then. mostly it was because FOBs around LA got into rap culture and went hardcore to the extreme trying to be like that and it was ridiculous. And like instagram said, emulating White people and trying to be "superior".

Non-Asians getting Asian-style tattoos are ok, but please know what they mean/stand for, IMO.

I saw a Chinese guy with a perm before. Looked kinda cool. Thought about dreadlocking a few chunks of my hair before I cut it. Long hair was too much maintenance.

I saw a Chinese guy with a perm before. Looked kinda cool. Thought about dreadlocking a few chunks of my hair before I cut it. Long hair was too much maintenance.

I assume a perm has the reverse effect that it does on Black people? I heard white women perm their hair to make it curly.

Lol the world we live in I tell ya.

Serious, why is it that I go into a Vietnamese restaurant for some pho, I feel the need to wipe every thing down?i still f with my Vietnamese food though. But cmon man.

I assume a perm has the reverse effect that it does on Black people? I heard white women perm their hair to make it curly.

Lol the world we live in I tell ya.

I dont think its the same process at all. They are both called perms but the chemical process isnt close to the same

Vietnamese food, Japanese food, Korean food, Chinese food and Thai food have all been huge in America with restaurants all over the place. I've always wondered why Filipino food and restaurants don't have the same success in mainstream/America. I love Filipino food.

Anybody have an idea as to why?

Back
Top Bottom