Asian Culture Discussion Thread

They wanna be cool trying to be called something other than Asian.
they are so called pacific islander but they still wanna claim the title ''pearl of the orient''

while the undisputed pearl of the orient is hong kong

Last edited:
Barrack is part filipino as well.
80463164.jpg

no, the term pacific islander doesn't encompass all islands in the pacific ocean. it doesn't really mean anything either though pretty sure it's just for census related ****

Im aware, just felt like making a snarky comment. So i guess theres only one island country in asia that can claim pacific islander.

Lol aite we gotta stop. When they say all asians hate other asian ethnicities is definitely showing in this thread :lol:

well none of them can claim it technically. also it's a bit trivial since it doesn't really have any meaning.

Last edited:
Tim Tebow was born in the Philippines (his parents were missionaries) so technically he is Filipino :lol:

^he got filipino passport?

had no idea this was an American thing.
i asked a filipino coworker (jokingly) if he was a pacific islander or asian. he felt insulted. he thought I didn't know where phillipines were

well hes Asian.

Last edited:
^he got filipino passport?

had no idea this was an American thing.
i asked a filipino coworker (jokingly) if he was a pacific islander or asian. he felt insulted. he thought I didn't know where phillipines were

well hes Asian.

That I don't know, but he's eligible if he ever wants his red passport

Lmao at Wiz being pinoy. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'm 3/4 Filipino and 1/4 Caucasian and grew up around a lot of Filipinos. I never heard any Filipino claim to be Pacific Islanders until recently. I noticed a lot of the pinoys who claim to be Pacific Islander are from Cali.

Last edited:
Andray Blatche is a Filipino citizen just cause we were trying get W's overseas. [emoji]128514[/emoji] If we had Clarkson, the Philippines would have made the Olympics.

I heard Bruno Mars is half pinoy though.

Last edited:
Andray Blatche is a Filipino citizen just cause we were trying get W's overseas. If we had Clarkson, we would have made the Olympics. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I heard Bruno Mars is half pinoy though.

FIBA passport rules blocking Clarkson and Gilas from being great :smh:

Bruno mars is Filipino and Puerto Rican :lol:

I doubt Clarkson speaks fluently but I'm sure he knows a little. He definitely knows about that halo halo, pancit, adobo, lumpia, and lechon kawali.[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:

My friend told me he had a Philippines passport growing up. I could be wrong. I think it's messed up regardless. Him having Filipino blood should have let him play in my opinion.

They let Blatche play and he doesnt have any filipino blood. I remember a reporter asked Joe Johnson if he knew Blatche was part Filipino. He said something like " I didn't know he was part Filipino, but I know that he is full of ****." [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Bautista is filipino.

Cassie...vanessa hudgens...iron chef guy...nicole sherzinger...

My friend told me he had a Philippines passport growing up. I could be wrong. I think it's messed up regardless. Him having Filipino blood should have let him play in my opinion.

They let Blatche play and he doesnt have any filipino blood. I remember a reporter asked Joe Johnson if he knew Blatche was part Filipino. He said something like " I didn't know he was part Filipino, but I know that he is full of ****." [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Blatche plays as an import, FIBA lets each team have one. He's not Filipino in any way :lol: they naturalized him to play for the team

Clarkson there was rumors? But apparently he didn't have one growing up, he would've been playing with the team asap I figure. Totally agree on the Filipino blood point.

I don't want to claim him but I heard Tyga is part Vietnamese :lol:

Yep hes a new-guy-en. Even has Vietnam tatted on his arm in rickshaw :lol:

"New-guy-en" :lol: I used to think it was "na-goo-yen" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom