Asian players getting privelages in MLB that others don't get?

laugh.gif
ozzie is back at it again

[h2]
[h2]Guillen says Latinos at a disadvantage[/h2]

Associated Press

CHICAGO -- White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen thinks Asian players are given privileges in the United States that Latinos are not afforded.

In his latest rant, the outspoken Guillen also said he's the "only one" in baseball teaching young players from Latin America to stay away from performance-enhancing drugs and that Major League Baseball doesn't care about that.

He said MLB only cares about how often he argues with umpires and what he says to the media.

Guillen said it's unfair that Japanese players are assigned translators when they come to the U.S. to play pro ball, but Latinos are not.

30004.jpg
Don't take this wrong, but they take advantage of us. We bring a Japanese player and they are very good and they bring all these privileges to them. We bring a Dominican kid ... go to the minor leagues, good luck. Good luck. And it's always going to be like that. It's never going to change.

[/h2]

laugh.gif
ozzie is back at it again

[h2]
[h2]Guillen says Latinos at a disadvantage[/h2]

Associated Press

CHICAGO -- White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen thinks Asian players are given privileges in the United States that Latinos are not afforded.

In his latest rant, the outspoken Guillen also said he's the "only one" in baseball teaching young players from Latin America to stay away from performance-enhancing drugs and that Major League Baseball doesn't care about that.

He said MLB only cares about how often he argues with umpires and what he says to the media.

Guillen said it's unfair that Japanese players are assigned translators when they come to the U.S. to play pro ball, but Latinos are not.

30004.jpg
Don't take this wrong, but they take advantage of us. We bring a Japanese player and they are very good and they bring all these privileges to them. We bring a Dominican kid ... go to the minor leagues, good luck. Good luck. And it's always going to be like that. It's never going to change.

[/h2]

I agree.

Sure, ON the field it is a safe bet to say there's someone there to help him out with the language.

But once the kid leaves the ballpark, THEN what?

From a village, to a much bigger city, with not a clue in the world.

I agree.

Sure, ON the field it is a safe bet to say there's someone there to help him out with the language.

It's bigger than baseball , the Asian culture demands you come at them a certain way or keep it moving.

It's bigger than baseball , the Asian culture demands you come at them a certain way or keep it moving.

What are veterans for? They don't know English either or something?

Got to love Ozzie. He's definitely paid for a Tribune writers' careers.

What are veterans for? They don't know English either or something?

Got to love Ozzie. He's definitely paid for a Tribune writers' careers.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

that was nomars argument on baseball tonight.
he said yea there is alikely another player or coach who is latino in the team that can help translate, but when they're off the field it's different. nobody is there to help them get an apartment, set up their electricity, gas, phone etc

he said yea there is alikely another player or coach who is latino in the team that can help translate, but when they're off the field it's different. nobody is there to help them get an apartment, set up their electricity, gas, phone etc

anybody catch joe morgans take on this on giants v dodgers..?

half way thru the quote he manages to summarize the rest and then turn it a story about himself. i dont know how orel and john miller dont just tell him to stf.

half way thru the quote he manages to summarize the rest and then turn it a story about himself. i dont know how orel and john miller dont just tell him to stf.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

@ lower levels there are usually host familys for the latino players and also english classes/lessons are provided. that being said, still are very tough transition.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

@ lower levels there are usually host familys for the latino players and also english classes/lessons are provided. that being said, still are very tough transition.

I can see what Ozzie is saying but how many Asian player are reallying being drafted and going through the whole Minors>Majors process? Most Asian players have been playing in their foreign leagues and enter the Majors ready to play thus have big money deals so failure is not an option as it falls on whoever signed them. I feel most of the players Ozzie is talking about are younger players signed/drafted based on their potential and since they're "cheap" by most standards if they work out or not, the gamble is worth it. You can't tell me if Strasburg was a latino player that couldn't speak a lick of English, they wouldn't have given him the treatment throughout his time in the minors.

I can see what Ozzie is saying but how many Asian player are reallying being drafted and going through the whole Minors>Majors process? Most Asian players have been playing in their foreign leagues and enter the Majors ready to play thus have big money deals so failure is not an option as it falls on whoever signed them. I feel most of the players Ozzie is talking about are younger players signed/drafted based on their potential and since they're "cheap" by most standards if they work out or not, the gamble is worth it. You can't tell me if Strasburg was a latino player that couldn't speak a lick of English, they wouldn't have given him the treatment throughout his time in the minors.

Originally Posted by dwnbythebay29

Joe Morgan is one of the biggest dickheads in baseball. I cannot stand how he manages to bring himself, Ken Griffey Jr., Barry Bonds and now Jason Heyward into everything he says. Jesse Jackson of baseball
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dwnbythebay29

Joe Morgan is one of the biggest dickheads in baseball. I cannot stand how he manages to bring himself, Ken Griffey Jr., Barry Bonds and now Jason Heyward into everything he says. Jesse Jackson of baseball
laugh.gif

I agree.

this

I agree.

this

An idea could be to have a organization owned home that services every aspect of a latino's life and have each step through the minor league system be a step up as far as personal freedom.
The program can be optional but have an organizational system that develop's every aspect of a players lives and have it catered to a specific organization is ideal and will make baseball a better more athletic game.

Back
Top Bottom