Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Hello guys,

Just wondering if someone can help me with cleaning my asics x woei cervidae. They are in suede and i dont want to make a mistake...

Gel Lyte V Outdoor Pack Spring 2015

Forest Green

Light Grey

Pics from SN

I don't see the hype around these GLV EU release pack and now the Outdoor pack. Are they nice? Yes. Would I buy them? Yes. Do they deserve to be hyped up? Naah. It's hard to compare them to what we've seen so far, especially coming off the collaboration run the GLV has seen this year. There is just too much detail and thought that goes into those- now seeing these the first work I think of is plain.

I don't see the hype around these GLV EU release pack and now the Outdoor pack. Are they nice? Yes. Would I buy them? Yes. Do they deserve to be hyped up? Naah. It's hard to compare them to what we've seen so far, especially coming off the collaboration run the GLV has seen this year. There is just too much detail and thought that goes into those- now seeing these the first work I think of is plain.

They're GRs though. There is no hype.

You don't need to jump through hoops to cop, the price won't be $160 or more, you may even be able to wait for a discount.

Every release does not need to have some theme with over the top colors that is what collabs are for.

You don't need to jump through hoops to cop, the price won't be $160 or more, you may even be able to wait for a discount.

Every release does not need to have some theme with over the top colors that is what collabs are for.
Lee...

I agree with you, that should be the GR thought process, but its not. People are hyping these. More on Facebook than here but still.

I agree with you, that should be the GR thought process, but its not. People are hyping these. More on Facebook than here but still.

I'm not on any of those fb asics/runner pages. IMO hype is only a problem when it makes the sneaker more difficult to cop.

Captain Blue GL III had hype building months before the release and everyone who wanted a pair got a pair.

Footlocker asics are hyped? Had no idea.  Quite liked the idea of getting my favourite silhouette in a plain simple clean colourway.

Footlocker asics are hyped? Had no idea.  Quite liked the idea of getting my favourite silhouette in a plain simple clean colourway.

I think it's only hyped because it's an EU exclusive. Most of the GR's they've put out in the GLV have been pretty bad this year. The purple Goretex ones are prob the best GR's so far.

Last edited:
just got my Santas in at work, excuse the slacks haha. But with these being my very first pair of Asics i really like how they feel on foot. Different feel from what im used to. Anyway a few quick pics are below. Notable thing is there is some type of detail across the stripes and the back collar is reflective. 

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but Amazon has a lot of the Gel Lyte III GRs for 25% off with code HOLIDAY25:

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Gel-Lyte-Fashion-Sneaker-Green/dp/B00HAPBQN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416921879&sr=8-1&keywords=gel+lyte+iii

Repped, even though I gotta pass on this deal for the time being. If I hadn't just copped the KD VI elites on NDC and wasn't waiting on the VIs on Friday I'd be all over this.

Note that they have those burgundy/greys that were just posted, as well.

Also, you can get an additional 8% back using BeFrugal, too.

Well there I was, early in the afternoon at Footlocker in the Netherlands for the Asics Gel Lyte V 'Black Speckle'.
Went there thinking it was a GR, but it was sold out already. They only had 2 pairs of each size..
Hard to believe, but just waiting for a restock now, like the Triple Black Huarache that restocked 23982932 times.

Look like last year's burgundy Winter Blues, only without the nice suede and with a filter on it.

Edit: Huh... SP says they're waterproof. Interesting. Not sure how you have a WP GL3 since it has a split tongue, unless there's fabric under that split.
 looks like they just copied one of the Goretex item descriptions and forgot to change it.  dont think this has a neoprene sockliner...and it isn't a GLV

No hype on speckles for me, like someone said before it's just a nice simple colourway on my favourite ever silhouette. Reserved and bought my pair during my lunch break today and at £80 I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever.

Last edited:

I love these - who's IG is this from? I would contact and ask if I can grab a pair
sneakers_and_bonsai - better pics of this custom on his page now. He's asking about $340 USD for them... since its just the heal and toebox, I think I might just customize the Snowman myself
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom