Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Are the 'Turtle' from the Crane & Turtle pack as bad they look in pictures? I love the colorway but it looks like that usual sand paper suede they use on GRs 
tired.gif

http://www.endclothing.com/latest-products/latest-sneakers/asics-gel-lyte-iii-turtle-h513l-8696.html

I'd rather wait awhile for shipping than have to go thru that HORRIBLE online fiasco. Say what you want about Kith but fact is they are money when it comes to online releases. None of this concepts amateur hour garbage
This. Kith has a solid shopify shop and they know how to use it. Their last Puma release was on point, and shipping was within 24h.

Concepts on the other hand, has a shopify store (kinda subpar cause they don't offer paypal and saved accounts), and still doesn't use it.

Time and time again, shopify has been proven to be one of the best ecommerce solutions to handle big drops, because the servers that the stores are being hosted can share the load across multiple websites. So you virtually can never "crash" a shopify store.

Concepts, trying to be white knight in the fight against bots, tried to go custom on the website to please their customers without a bot, and look where that got them : multiple charges on cards (something that would have never happened on shopify). By trying to fix something that wasn't broken, they actually screwed their customers even more.

Now, they dropped the ball, but it seems like they are doing their best to fix the issue and make it up to people, so props to them for that. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes this time around

I'd rather wait awhile for shipping than have to go thru that HORRIBLE online fiasco. Say what you want about Kith but fact is they are money when it comes to online releases. None of this concepts amateur hour garbage
^^^^^^^^

waiting a week for shoes > waiting ANY amount of days to get my own money back...

I agree, been waiting for them to drop in the states, almost copped from overseas this weekend but caught myself...
they're up on kith now. 130 though. 

going to TRY and wait. but I've been waiting months for them.

This. Kith has a solid shopify shop and they know how to use it. Their last Puma release was on point, and shipping was within 24h.

Concepts on the other hand, has a shopify store (kinda subpar cause they don't offer paypal and saved accounts), and still doesn't use it.
Time and time again, shopify has been proven to be one of the best ecommerce solutions to handle big drops, because the servers that the stores are being hosted can share the load across multiple websites. So you virtually can never "crash" a shopify store.

Concepts, trying to be white knight in the fight against bots, tried to go custom on the website to please their customers without a bot, and look where that got them : multiple charges on cards (something that would have never happened on shopify). By trying to fix something that wasn't broken, they actually screwed their customers even more.

Now, they dropped the ball, but it seems like they are doing their best to fix the issue and make it up to people, so props to them for that. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes this time around
Maybe I missed it but what exactly are they doing to try and make it up to people? Maybe I'll email them because they only took about 1700 bucks out of my paypal account without sending me one confirmation.

they're up on kith now. 130 though. 

going to TRY and wait. but I've been waiting months for them.
I went to check them out on there but the link isn't working, I get an error. I'm waiting for FeatureLV or Premier to get 'em.

Maybe I missed it but what exactly are they doing to try and make it up to people? Maybe I'll email them because they only took about 1700 bucks out of my paypal account without sending me one confirmation.
Similar thing happened to me. I just emailed them earlier but no response yet. It wasn't $1700 on my end but close.

I don't know exactly what they plan on doing, besides shipping all orders expedited instead of priority (if i'm not mistaken).

Some people were talking about offering a reserve for their next collab to people that missed or something. I think everyone that got more than 1 charge on their card should get something in return for their trouble, but that's just me.

http://kithnyc.com/collections/asics/products/asics-gel-lyte-iii-grey-dark-grey-green

kith has the grey and green soles for 130. I know some were asking when they were releasing here in the states before the concepts madness took over.
Seems like Kith took down the link?

In any case, I bought it from END when they did the 20% off, so with shipping it was $135.95. I knew it was going to drop soon in the US but at around the same price mark, so I just went ahead and copped.

I don't know exactly what they plan on doing, besides shipping all orders expedited instead of priority (if i'm not mistaken).
Some people were talking about offering a reserve for their next collab to people that missed or something. I think everyone that got more than 1 charge on their card should get something in return for their trouble, but that's just me.
I'm very doubtful that's going to happen. Since most of us never got an email confirmation, what do you think the chances are that it isn't a huge pain to verify you're one of the people with charges? I told them straight up on their IG last night that I won't do business with them again until they make it right. I have plenty of money and a few other cards available to use, but it's still ridiculous that I have $1,854 unavailable to me right now and probably for another 1-3 days on top of the 3 days so far.

Last edited:

it should be some reward x number of charges 
laugh.gif

Concepts did not reply to any of my 3 emails. I assume they're still busy sorting out their orders and cancellations. It's taking too long though. I got charged for $1k in total and requested for a full refund. Really dont care about getting the pair (not that I actually had a real chance anyway)

Concepts did not reply to any of my 3 emails. I assume they're still busy sorting out their orders and cancellations. It's taking too long though. I got charged for $1k in total and requested for a full refund. Really dont care about getting the pair (not that I actually had a real chance anyway)
I asked for a full refund as well. I don't plan on trying to shop with them in the near future either, unless I'm in the Boston or New York Area. 

Last edited:
Wait, who wouldn't be looking for a full refund? You'd let them keep your money without giving you anything in return just to have credit with them in the future?! Can't wrap my head around that. Besides, as far as their twitter shows, everyone who didn't get a pair has already had their charges reversed, so store credit isn't even an option.

he deserves what ever release he chooses that concepts has honestly. Or for concepts to supply him with a pair at that amount of held money

Concepts is doing fine imho. People complained about bots and reverse enginering... they listened to customers and took initiative and tried something different on two releases. It didnt work out as planned but at least they tried to make the online purchasing expereince better for their customers. very few shops would spend money to try and do that...and it does suck that people have a lot of money held up, but it will be returned they arent going to steal it...just my thoughts on the situation.

Yes, somewhat agree on this. I've noticed I was having to go size 11 on some GL3s most of 2014, but I feel like the 10.5s I've gotten in 2015 fit just fine like they used to 2013 and before. Maybe 2014 was the odd duck?
this. been realizing this for a while now, for both GL3 and GLV. recent stuff has definitely been running .5 size longer.

Back
Top Bottom