Asics Love?!? Where is it?

It isn't hard if you prepare correctly. drafting design ideas, getting the right types of paint and materials, and learning how to do things the right way are the hard parts, which aren't that hard to begin with. the easy part is actually customizing the shoe after you know the right process. i looked up a few tutorials on youtube to get started.

Meant it's strange how fast they sell out when you can get them for near retail pretty much anytime.

STA Coves? Wow, really? I would've never of guessed... Good for you folks down under!

The Saint Alfred  x ASICS  colab was praised as one of the tightest Gel Lyte III  colourways of 2013, and now nearly eight months since their original international release, Australians are set to get a taste of the ocean. Down Under crew get set to cop from this Saturday, February 15th from HAL & LOWS(Perth), Laced  (Brisbane), Prime  (Melbourne), Above the Clouds  (Sydney), Capsule Store  (Sydney) and Loaded  (NZ).

I made these out of the urban camos. still on the fence on if i should change the color of the tiger stripes.
I think they came out pretty good for my first custom. The color blocking was inspired by the super green asics that were given away in Haiti.

I did this as well...but yours came out way better....mine got a little screwed because I didn't put strong enough tape on the midsole...some of the suede dye I used got under the tape and dyed the midsole in splotches...

be careful if you're gonna do this and don't half-***** it like i did...

Last edited:
STA Coves? Wow, really? I would've never of guessed... Good for you folks down under!

The Saint Alfred x ASICS colab was praised as one of the tightest Gel Lyte III colourways of 2013, and now nearly eight months since their original international release, Australians are set to get a taste of the ocean. Down Under crew get set to cop from this Saturday, February 15th from HAL & LOWS(Perth), Laced (Brisbane), Prime (Melbourne), Above the Clouds (Sydney), Capsule Store (Sydney) and Loaded (NZ).
Can any Aussies hook it up?

I did this as well...but yours came out way better....mine got a little screwed because I didn't put strong enough tape on the midsole...some of the suede dye I used got under the tape and dyed the midsole in splotches...

be careful if you're gonna do this and don't half-***** it like i did...
i had the exact same thing because i didn't want to go back to my local art store for the proper masking tape.i had already finished painting the midsole, and i got the suede dye all over it. i ended up re-painting the midsole with a few more coats, and it was pretty much un-noticable.

you're absolutely right JTPlatnum, if anyone decides to customize their kicks, make sure you don't slack on any of the steps, especially the materials.

i had the exact same thing because i didn't want to go back to my local art store for the proper masking tape.i had already finished painting the midsole, and i got the suede dye all over it. i ended up re-painting the midsole with a few more coats, and it was pretty much un-noticable.

you're absolutely right JTPlatnum, if anyone decides to customize their kicks, make sure you don't slack on any of the steps, especially the materials.

Did you use angelus to re-coat the midsole? I've been thinking of doing that but...just not sure yet

Last edited:

The Saint Alfred x ASICS colab was praised as one of the tightest Gel Lyte III colourways of 2013, and now nearly eight months since their original international release, Australians are set to get a taste of the ocean. Down Under crew get set to cop from this Saturday, February 15th from HAL & LOWS(Perth), Laced (Brisbane), Prime (Melbourne), Above the Clouds (Sydney), Capsule Store (Sydney) and Loaded (NZ).

Ah Shi* I need to find a way to scoop an 11.5.

Question though...have you seen the Kill Bill movies? Part of my appreciation for the pack comes from my enjoyment of the series, and the GLV is my favorite in the pack not only because it's the most versatile, but also because it represents my favorite character of the Death List 5.

@joelom
 Thank you very much for putting up those pictures with the black laces. That's how I'm planning on wearing my pair once I get through tomorrow online, and no one's bothered to throw the black laces on until now.

I'm a Long Island native, and have been a supporter of Extra Butter for a few years. Although I haven't jumped out of my seat to cop any of the pack, I must ay that their creative execution with this project is miles ahead of the competition. I can only hope that they get a swing at more collaborations in the future.
Yes I've seen the movies. And that's all fine n dandy how u support and appreciate the work n all that they put into the pack .... BUT imo they look horrible, that's all

Different strokes for different folks

Last edited:
Anybody knows where to scoop a pair of the Off-white GLV's for a discounted price? Been looking for a sz 7 and 10, for custom purposes. Thanks in advance! :smokin

Back
Top Bottom