Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I was trying to use the Kiwi brand eraser and brush on some denim stains last night (Puma x Size? R698 Saharas) and that ish was NOT coming out.
the dye is bleeding from your jeans into the materials on your sneaks. like you said it's a stain, not much going to get that out.

the dye is bleeding from your jeans into the materials on your sneaks. like you said it's a stain, not much going to get that out.
I've had decent luck removing it from other shoes that are leather or nubuck, but for whatever reason it was not budging on those.  Guess it's not necessarily a knock on that particular brand, but wanted to make sure he was aware of my experience with it.

Last edited:

I've had decent luck removing it from other shoes that are leather or nubuck, but for whatever reason it was not budging on those.  Guess it's not necessarily a knock on that particular brand, but wanted to make sure he was aware of my experience with it.
the dye doesn't penetrate some materials, but suede almost always. most stains on leathers can be wiped off or cleaned easily. the nubucks may be pretreated (like Timbs) and that helps protect from deep staining too.

as for the erasers, I don't think there's really much difference between brands. same concept as your pencil eraser in grade school. The real difference between the kits is the brush. premium soft brushes are best for those plush materials on your most cherished. some of those cheap kits come with plastic-bristled brushes. my 2 cents, nice brushes can be had sans eraser for the low online anyway.

The real difference between the kits is the brush. premium soft brushes are best for those plush materials on your most cherished. some of those cheap kits come with plastic-bristled brushes. my 2 cents, nice brushes can be had sans eraser for the low online anyway.
You're so right.  The Kiwi brush is pathetic.  Sorry for taking this thread so off topic, fellas.

Last edited:
Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know the release date for those cncpts everyone seems to dislike? I think I read the 31st...?

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know the release date for those cncpts everyone seems to dislike? I think I read the 31st...?

Didn't miss anything. No official release date.

Last edited:
What do you guys think a good price would be for Dali's right now, found my size for $240, wondering if I could talk the guy down some 

What do you guys think a good price would be for Dali's right now, found my size for $240, wondering if I could talk the guy down some 
Considering we are still seeing them pop up in FSR's here and there, I wouldn't pay much more than retail at this point.

Does anyone know abt The Sneaker Spy?? i'm looking for a pair of asics gemini's in a size 10 they have them for 200$ is that a good price???

WAVEY OUT--

Managed to find some flat waxed orange laces. Color is almost exact

I like them more than the ropes. Still need to actually wear this damn shoe :D

The real difference between the kits is the brush. premium soft brushes are best for those plush materials on your most cherished. some of those cheap kits come with plastic-bristled brushes. my 2 cents, nice brushes can be had sans eraser for the low online anyway.

There's a reason for the stuff bristled brush if you use the kit correctly. It's to re-nap the suede after using the eraser thoroughly. Many people don't realize this

Don't be afraid to really go at it with the eraser, especially on denim stains. You aren't actually losing fibers of the suede, just pushing it down and smoothing it out.

The stuff bristled brush will bring the texture of the suede back to life. A softer brush like a horsehair brush will not re-nap the suede after it's matted down heavily.

Last edited:
There's a reason for the stuff bristled brush if you use the kit correctly. It's to re-nap the suede after using the eraser thoroughly. Many people don't realize this

Don't be afraid to really go at it with the eraser, especially on denim stains. You aren't actually losing fibers of the suede, just pushing it down and smoothing it out.

The stuff bristled brush will bring the texture of the suede back to life. A softer brush like a horsehair brush will not re-nap the suede after it's matted down heavily.
Exactly. A stiff brush makes suede extra buttery. I use it all the time on my collabs to keep the suede good as new. If you go hard with the brush on some of the general release shoes with suede you can actually improve the suede. 

Does anyone know abt The Sneaker Spy?? i'm looking for a pair of asics gemini's in a size 10 they have them for 200$ is that a good price???

WAVEY OUT--
200 is a decent price but you could probably do better in a ebay auction. Great shoe!!! I absolutely love my geminis. The materials are top notch and they can be worn with almost anything. 

Back
Top Bottom