Asics Love?!? Where is it?

So, by a few posts it seems the Gel Lyte 3 is uncomfortable. I noticed Finishline has a sale of them going on right now for super cheap and I'm debating picking up a pair. One pair really caught my eye, and if they are uncomfortable I will need to probably grab another insole....

Like the previous poster said, depends on the materials used. The better the materials, the better the comfort.

Lo
GLIII aren't uncomfortable just not as comfortable as GLV. Post a link to the ones your thinking about. If they are the super cheap plastic ones they will be really uncomfortable. GLIII's at a higher price point are more comfortable.
http://m.finishline.com/store/produ...l-shoes/prod1370175?styleId=H6Y0L&colorId=490

Hopefully that loads.....

I was at work one day and I saw an advertisement for them on the side of the screen, the like flannel looking ones and I really liked the colors and colorblocking. Then thought "Dang, those are super cheap". Lol

Lo
http://m.finishline.com/store/produ...l-shoes/prod1370175?styleId=H6Y0L&colorId=490

Hopefully that loads.....

I was at work one day and I saw an advertisement for them on the side of the screen, the like flannel looking ones and I really liked the colors and colorblocking. Then thought "Dang, those are super cheap". Lol
Those might be ok comfort wise. Personally I think the GLIII's that start at the 120 or 130 price point are going to be significantly more comfortable 

Those might be ok comfort wise. Personally I think the GLIII's that start at the 120 or 130 price point are going to be significantly more comfortable 

Hmmm....interesting. Thanks man. Repped you a few times as well. Might order them a little big (typically an 11 in almost everything) and do an insole of necessary. I don't own any Asics yet, so I'm trying to find a place to start. Seemed like an easy place since they are cheap and if I end up not liking them, then I'm not own hundreds of dollars. Might just order the "Scary Cold" (since I do like the look and story) and go from there with ordering more or not

I agree, the ballistic mesh on the sub $120 retail range is more snug and stiff compared to the ones above $130 retail. After owning a pretty decent range of GLIII's, I prefer paying a little more for collabs because they're usually more comfortable.

Hmmm....interesting. Thanks man. Repped you a few times as well. Might order them a little big (typically an 11 in almost everything) and do an insole of necessary. I don't own any Asics yet, so I'm trying to find a place to start. Seemed like an easy place since they are cheap and if I end up not liking them, then I'm not own hundreds of dollars. Might just order the "Scary Cold" (since I do like the look and story) and go from there with ordering more or not
might be something here if you just want to get something cheap and figure out sizing. Don't let the comfort of some of the cheaper ones turn you off of Asics. generally they are pretty comfortable.

http://stores.ebay.com/asicsamerica...lyte&_sid=1336278724&_trksid=p4634.m14&_pgn=1

Hi,

Do anyone know the sizing for Gel Mai? Should I go with my usual GL III size?

A local reseller sell me these at retail, hence was just thinking how's it in comparison with GL III (only Asics I own so far)?

TIA 

Hi,

Do anyone know the sizing for Gel Mai? Should I go with my usual GL III size?

A local reseller sell me these at retail, hence was just thinking how's it in comparison with GL III (only Asics I own so far)?

TIA 
Should be fine in same GL3 size
I go tts in GL3 and the same size in gel Mai fit good.

Dang. Just got on the Packer site and they sold out the "Scary Cold" already from 10.5-12.5

Kinda sucks.....from looking at my clock I'm 15 minutes late from when they went up

Edit: lol I hit told my girlfriend that someone is selling a pair of size 11 on eBay for 275 dollars. She goes "That is so stupid. Why buy a pair of shoes just to sell it. Why buy them if you don't even like them? Like, get a real job".

Last edited:
I won the contest for the Scary cold GLV's that constanzagrams was doing on instagram... I am so elated. It only makes sense that I would win a contest involving sneakers and Seinfeld 
laugh.gif

Can't wait to get them in. Just in time for the snow here in Buffalo.

Last edited:
I won the contest for the Scary cold GLV's that constanzagrams was doing on instagram... I am so elated. It only makes sense that I would win a contest involving sneakers and Seinfeld :lol:  

Can't wait to get them in. Just in time for the snow here in Buffalo.

Congrats dude!

Dang. Just got on the Packer site and they sold out the "Scary Cold" already from 10.5-12.5

Kinda sucks.....from looking at my clock I'm 15 minutes late from when they went up

Edit: lol I hit told my girlfriend that someone is selling a pair of size 11 on eBay for 275 dollars. She goes "That is so stupid. Why buy a pair of shoes just to sell it. Why buy them if you don't even like them? Like, get a real job".
Everyones's girl statement right there 
laugh.gif

Well, I went to an Asics outlet today and tried on soem shoes for reference. They had Gel Lyte Vs there, but no 3s. A half size up would have been about right, but they felt odd. Lke, they felt a little long, but I could live with it, but they felt like the sole/midsole was narrow and my foot was kinda spilling over, but they looked ok. The other thing, and I have this issue with a lot of shoes anymore is that they were mesh it whatever. I'm not really a fan of that because I prefer something with more support (suede/nubuck/leather etc). It was nice to get sizing info though.

Everyones's girl statement right there :lol:

I know. I have about 50 pairs of shoes (small by some people's collection), but she has been cool about it so far. Honestly, I don't like resellers, so I won't pay resell prices for it. If that means I missout on a pair, so be it. If I can catch them for retail from someone that's cool, but I won't support retail behavior lol

I know. I have about 50 pairs of shoes (small by some people's collection), but she has been cool about it so far. Honestly, I don't like resellers, so I won't pay resell prices for it. If that means I missout on a pair, so be it. If I can catch them for retail from someone that's cool, but I won't support retail behavior lol
I'm around 60 atm I believe, but I'm gonna probably narrow it to  30 or less in the next couple of months, she's being a help when it comes to saving and is true that after certain number you start to not be able to wear anything 

I'm around 60 atm I believe, but I'm gonna probably narrow it to  30 or less in the next couple of months, she's being a help when it comes to saving and is true that after certain number you start to not be able to wear anything 

This is so true!!! Sometimes I literally do not know what to wear or "I wore that last week" lol. Really had to start thinking. Crossed my major grails off my list and I have had to re-evaluate where my collection goes. I love shoes, so I don't want to stop collecting, but my brother once told me "You can own them all", so now I really think about what I want/love over "Those are kinda cool".

This is so true!!! Sometimes I literally do not know what to wear or "I wore that last week" lol. Really had to start thinking. Crossed my major grails off my list and I have had to re-evaluate where my collection goes. I love shoes, so I don't want to stop collecting, but my brother once told me "You can own them all", so now I really think about what I want/love over "Those are kinda cool".
Try to narrow it by color, that's what I'm trying to do... Up to 2 for every color , exceptions for white and black because oh well... haha 

And having too many isn't doing anything to good to my place either, is taking a partial portion of my studio D: 

Try to narrow it by color, that's what I'm trying to do... Up to 2 for every color , exceptions for white and black because oh well... haha 

And having too many isn't doing anything to good to my place either, is taking a partial portion of my studio D: 

You know, I tried, but I have such a weakness for black/red/white or black/white. I generally keep it to one model/one color way unless I love the model (Nike Vick 2 I could stare at it all day and still get giddy when I see it....and some Currys because they are supper duper comfy and cool).

Studio? Like apartment?

You know, I tried, but I have such a weakness for black/red/white or black/white. I generally keep it to one model/one color way unless I love the model (Nike Vick 2 I could stare at it all day and still get giddy when I see it....and some Currys because they are supper duper comfy and cool).

Studio? Like apartment?
Sorry, I meant more like the guest room which my girl have turned into like a mini designer studio alongside with her stuff and the shoes D: 

Sorry, I meant more like the guest room which my girl have turned into like a mini designer studio alongside with her stuff and the shoes D: 

Ohh ok. Lol. No judgement....I was just gonna say I imagi e a bad with a bunch of shoes around...

So, by a few posts it seems the Gel Lyte 3 is uncomfortable. I noticed Finishline has a sale of them going on right now for super cheap and I'm debating picking up a pair. One pair really caught my eye, and if they are uncomfortable I will need to probably grab another insole....

I personally think GL3s are much more comfortable. The thicker midsole is so much softer, IMO. To me, I rank overall comfort in this order:

1) Anything Boost
2) Lunarlon
3) 360 Max Air
4) Saucony Grid 9k
5) Saucony Shadow 6k
6) Asics GL-III
7) Jordan 2s
8) Asics GL-V

Keep in mind I'm 5'11", 200 lbs and use my whole foot when I walk & stand. Underfoot comfort is tied with how the shoe looks when I consider purchases, since I wear everything I buy (280+ pairs).

Back
Top Bottom