AT&T ending two year contracts in Janurary.

I thought At&T been ended contracts. Around my way they did, gotta pay 21 a month for ny LG G4 on top of my phone bill smh. Blame T Mobile for that paying off phones in full ********, they started that. And which carriers provide a good reasonable price for unlimited data? Cuz these 2GBs a month aint cutting it :smh:

I like that I can use 50+ gigs of internet every month without worrying about throttling and watching my usage. I also like not needing to search for Wifi. I'd rather just use my internet.

Work for Sprint, the most common company people say they're switching to is T-mobile, second is Verizon.

This is nothing new though. If you're already on a two year contract and have unlimited you're able to keep it. It's not until you upgrade they will try and get you to switch. If you don't change nothing in your plan then the unlimited will still be there

I was getting a free iPhone every 2 years by selling my older one and signing a contract and receiving a phone at the 2 year pricing...

by raising the price of the unlimited data plan ($120 more a year value on my family plan) I don't really know whats keeping me with at&t honestly. I barely even make phone calls any more.

This is starting January 8th. I have an upgrade I was going to keep for the 7, but I'll have to use it now and flip the phone since I'm not giving up unlimited data.

The point is that ATT sucks and the only reason to keep it is the cheap price with truly unlimited data... If they take that away. Why pay for garbage service? Pay few dollars more and get basically the best service money can buy

ATT isn't cheap. If you want Cheap and Unlimited then go to T Mobile.

ATT and VZW pretty much have same coverage and only reason someone picks one of the other for the most part is if they are in a rural area and only one of the carriers work.

Anyone in a Major Metro area that isn't on Tmobile and pays for their own bill is losing lol.

I didn't say cheap, I said if you have unlimited data you're prob paying w good price and "cheap" compared to capped data plans from all carriers

And Verizon>>>>>>>>>ATT

I have T-Mobile btw, no complaints here really minus no service in the middle of no where

Thoughts?

I work for the company at a corporate store as an retail sales consultant. Things are gonna get real interesting for our consumers who have unlimited data.

P. S. I recognize I misspelled January. My b lol.

They better not F with my unlimited data or customers like me

They stupid?

i have unlimited data .. I just got a letter saying my plan is going up $5 a month starting in January .

Only thing happening to unlimited plans is theyre gonna cost $5 more.

Getting rid of 2 year contracts has already been happening but i guess its "official" date is January. Basically they want you to out right buy the phone or join those edge/next plans, which have now just switched "sized" data plans

Damn... looks like i'm gonna keep my 6s til the wheels fall off.....

I'm not trying to pay full damn price for a freakin iphone man.... :smh:

I'm gonna hate buying my iphone for full price
But I ain't even trippin
Att ain't bout to get me to switch NOTHIN

If you keep your iPhone in good condition, you can sell it for a solid amount and use that to pay off most of the new iPhone.

If you keep your iPhone in good condition, you can sell it for a solid amount and use that to pay off most of the new iPhone.
Yep ... This is what I have been doing since the first iPhone .. I have upgraded every year since the first iPhone . The reason I won't fall for none of the upgrade programs they throw at me :smokin

Last edited:
i've often wanted to switch to t-mobile or verizon & didn't wanna pay for a new phone, i haven't thought of doing this until now with my 6+ ... thank you !!!

Thoughts?

I work for the company at a corporate store as an retail sales consultant. Things are gonna get real interesting for our consumers who have unlimited data.

P. S. I recognize I misspelled January. My b lol.
Is this just a fancy way of saying you sell phones for AT&T? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Att in my area is king

Vzw is crap but second best
T-Mobile and sprint aren't even worth owning in the areas I frequent (work/home)

I live in the Bay Area. My house is in the hills and my work is a fortress blocking all signals but att.

I'm still on ATT unlimited.

My work phone is vzw we switched from sprint, not much of an upgrade, I would trade a vzw iPhone for a push to talk phone with sprint coverage For work purposes.

Last edited:
Is this just a fancy way of saying you sell phones for AT&T? :lol:  

You have "Authorized retailers" and "Corporate" locations for the company. Authorized retailers already got rid of two year contracts but COR locations just jumped on board which is where most people do their phone business at.

Last edited:
^was an RSC at a COR store until last year. Truth is, we didn't give a rats anus about what phone any chose, we were trying to sell them cases/accessories/new lines/u-verse, don't make ANY money from the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom