AT&T selling refurbished iPhone 3GS now for $9

iphone-3gs-prices-580x374.png

Back in January, AT&T slashed the price of the Apple iPhone 3GS to just $49 with a two-year contract. If you’ve always wanted an iPhone but just couldn’t afford it, the $50 outdated model may have been the way to go. That is, until AT&T dropped the price of the refurbished model yesterday to just $9.

AT&T’s drop in January from $99 to $49 hit right before Verizon became a carrier option for the iPhone 4. Anytime we see a major price drop in a product, it’s good reason to believe that we’ll be seeing a new product soon. As we reported yesterday, Apple is rumored to be offering a $349 iPhone 3GS free of contract, as well as continuing to sell the iPhone 4 in addition to a new iPhone 4S, resulting in a three-tiered pricing model for Apple’s iPhone.

So what will you lose if you go with the iPhone 3GS, for just $10, over the iPhone 4, which will cost you at least $189 more? A front-facing camera, so FaceTime is out; a high-resolution retina display; the Apple A4 chip; and two hours less battery life. You’ll also be getting a 3-megapixel camera compared to a 5-megapixel version; no camera flash; and VGA video recording, as compared to HD video recording.

However, if you’re just looking for all the goodness that is an iPhone, and you don’t want to spend a lot on a device, this isn’t exactly a bad way to go.

AT&T’s refurbished phones are pre-owned and have been returned within the 30-day grace period. They’re tested before being re-sold and reset to their factory standards. There’s a 30-day trial period for refurbished devices, as well as a 90-day warranty.

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/att-selling-refurbished-iphone-3gs-now-for-only-9-20110719/

they get u with all the "extra" bs.
30t6p3b.gif
$120+ per month on a cell phone bill is a major FAIL imo. even for an iphone

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Do you have to sign a contract though? I'd just use it as an iPod.
This a real question? 

yea you do, otherwise everyone would be buying to flip.

Just added a few people to my plan... I have a 4 ..... Charmcity is right.. Lol... They get you with the mandatory $25 for data on the iPhones off the jump... Plus what ever your plan is... I'm locked into my unlimited data... $25 ain't even unlimited,so if you use alot of data they will &$@? You on ur bills... A family plan is the cheapest way to go now a days though.. I was paying $130 a month on a single plan... Adding people just dropped me down to about $50 a month for the same &$@$ plan... Lol.. It's Definatly always something else

Back
Top Bottom