Athletes you wish had a better career than they did

in any sport.... ill start..

joe alexander. freak athlete, good motor. comin outta college he had a few questions but nothin would project him to be a bust. only played 2 years in the league before disappearing. dudes still 26.

my honorable mention: jonny flynn

Jonathan Bender

DeAngelo Collins

Eric Devendorf

Patrick Sparks

Roy Williams

Carlos Rogers

Sebastian Telfair
Greg Oden
OJ Mayo
Robert Gallery
Michael Beasley
Rashaun Woods
Penny Hardaway
Manny Lawson

So many athletes to name.

Anybody the Raiders drafted in 1st round from the last 10 years
laugh.gif

I feel like your own team's busts is really the only fair answer to this question tho

Last edited:
Boxing:
Zab Judah
View media item 687531
Good career, not stellar. Lost the fight in the picture above but at least he gave the effort the entire 12 rounds against Clottey.

NBA

Brandon Roy

View media item 687546
Nothing more tragic in sports than a career destined for superstardom that gets cut short by injury, death, or personal demons. In this case, injury.

NFL

Warren Moon

View media item 687558
Remember there was a time where the Rush Limbaugh's of the world said black QBs were athletic but inaccurate passers? Warren Moon was incredible and played til his mid 40s, it's a damn shame what stereotypes do to people who don't deserve them.

Basketball: Dajuan Wagner, JR Smith, Dermarr Johnson, Eric Devendorf

Football: Ramonce Taylor, Peter Warrick, Sam Hurd, Aaron Hernandez

MMA: Kimbo Slice, Bob Sapp, Mariusz Pudzianowski

Too easy to mention guys who had injuries, so I'll say Shawn Kemp. It has more to do with how his career ended though. He got screwed in Seattle, and became a malcontent (and almost nobody blamed him for it, too). He was traded, was still an All-Star, then the lockout happened right after, and he never recovered. He was a beast from '95 to '98, and should have kept it going until at least 2000/01/02.

longer career = Bo Jackson

my main man is headed this way = Rob "THE Gronk" Gronkowski

cant get much better than 2 MVPs but i really wish steve nash would have won a chip while leading the suns

Back
Top Bottom