Athletic Propulsion Labs - paging BP

people drop $225 or more on copper foams, or yeezy's that have a jordan III midsole from 1988 and wont drop the money on something like this.

thats crazy talk.

why is cost all of a sudden an issue?
laugh.gif

^ no swoosh and most importantly these aren't meant for casual wear. people are fine with paying top dollar for something that they can wear casually and that will last a several years. however, when you tell the average consumer that he can pay $300 to jump higher the response will be "do i really need a couple inches when i'm just playing at my local gym?"

Downy... these arent meant for the Consumate "sneaker head" either. As a matter of fact I dont believe thats the market they are interested in at all. This is purely for performance. Where as Lebron's kicks NEED to be wearable off court to appeal to the masses, these are strictly for the On court baller.

From Youth to Adult. Some dudes in those gyms you speak of dont buy a new pair of kicks for YEARS... so if they could drop $300 hunge on a pair of Performance monsters that actually did something for their game.. why wouldnt they? I do think the initial colors are derived from their Company Colors.. not so much a rip of the Dunkman.... or coincidence.

Its all in how its marketed obviously. If nothing else there's curiousity mounting for those not even apart of on court basketball playing..

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Downy... these arent meant for the Consumate "sneaker head" either. As a matter of fact I dont believe thats the market they are interested in at all. This is purely for performance. Where as Lebron's kicks NEED to be wearable off court to appeal to the masses, these are strictly for the On court baller.

From Youth to Adult. Some dudes in those gyms you speak of dont buy a new pair of kicks for YEARS... so if they could drop $300 hunge on a pair of Performance monsters that actually did something for their game.. why wouldnt they? I do think the initial colors are derived from their Company Colors.. not so much a rip of the Dunkman.... or coincidence.

Its all in how its marketed obviously. If nothing else there's curiousity mounting for those not even apart of on court basketball playing..

Rock you say there is curiousity mounting for these. Where? Let me say I am not trying to rip them, honestly. This is s real question. I am sure they will market these when they are ready to come out but who even knows about these? We are on a sneaker message board and 99% of us have not heard of APL. This is a long shot. If it works, great...competition between sneaker companies only benefits the consumer. But where is curiosity that you speak of?

Originally Posted by Steez

^^I'll have the exclusive first-run interview with the APL founders on http://CounterKicks.com very soon. Will be the first in-depth story on the company anywhere. The shoe has been wear tested and studied at a biomechanics lab according to the APL founders, so they're fully sticking behind the technology announcement. Photos and videos are scheduled to accompany the product launch as well. I covered a TON in the interview so most everyone's questions out there should be covered. Will let you guys know soon when the story is live...
Looks like SLAM jumped the gun?
http://www.slamonline.com/online/kicks/2010/03/introducing-apl/

^^ Nah, the SLAM interview was timed to run in conjunction with the release of the newest SLAM issue. I actually did the first interview with them last Friday and it's all good anyways as we're partnered up with SLAM on the sneaker side of things. The Counter Kicks interview goes much much deeper into the design story for the shoes, how the technology works and feels, and the backstory to the company founders which I think is really important in helping tell the story of how APL came together. They grew up with the footwear industry surrounding them and their father was an executive at Reebok who worked on Pump etc among other footwear companies previously so they're pulling from that network and resource base. It makes sense to me in retrospect seeing how they were able to put the company together with those contacts. The CK piece will be going up soon with more detailed images of the shoes and we're also working on something else with them that should be cool if it comes together. Will give you guys the heads up...

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Fresh.. can you imagine you wearing those and all of a sudden jumpin higher than you already do?

Tell me a few inches arent worth a few extra hunge on the daily.. ESPECIALLY if they are high Quality and construct eh? I know I'd like to have my hey dey back... If these get banned from the NBA that could ONLY be good. Also.. AAU's and High School kids serious about their game will be all over these..

Or will they be considered performance enhancers????

eek.gif
eek.gif
 I would prollly have dwight howard type hops...

still can't wait to hear/see reviews about this shoe...

if successfull this should be epic/groundbreaking

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

from reading slam earlier today says you get like 3 inches

which isnt that great IMO

Do u realize how much that actually is?

3 inches is ALOT.

i will buy a pair, anything can help lol.

but seriously i am awaiting the video/photos before I drop that much on these, the results in itself sound great but the only thing that kind of worries me is what if you run on your toes and what about defense? you slide side to side an need to stay on your toes. maybe i am just having flubber nightmares haha.

Originally Posted by WWZer055

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

from reading slam earlier today says you get like 3 inches

which isnt that great IMO

Do u realize how much that actually is?

3 inches is ALOT.
yea for someone who can barely dunk or is few inches short.

now i this shoe automatically gave 6 inches then they would have a hit on their hands. like i said before i cant jump for crap anymore due to bad knees but if these had a 6 inch boost in them id buy them. 3 inches is nothing to write home about when you can barely jump.

I'm really curious about the shoe and the company.. the initial design looks great, and based on the description, it is made for performance.
I'm digging the concept and 3 inches to me is wow. I don't mind paying $300 if it will benefit me. and I have a feeling that these are gonna be much better than UA.. count me IN APL..

3 inches!!!

Thats crazy good.

Thats alot in basketball and it would be worth especially when people spend  175 on some Basketball shoes that do nothing like Space Jams.

3 inches would help guys you cant dunk...dunk and Guys who can dunk into good dunkers.

I believe this could be legit because didnt you RockDeep say that the Jordan 2009 in its orginial concept couldve done something similar?

hmmmmmm I would love to see the research behind the shoe and their claims of a 3 inch increase in jumping ability...did they structure their research to eliminate the mental ability of a person to accelerate their performance by thinking they have on some shoes that make themjump higher...were test subjects' jumping ablity measured with and without the shoe...while they were fatigued...fully rested? Hopefully the counterkicks write up will speak to some of this.

This could be revolutionary if the shoe does what it says but I'm from Missouri.

Yeah I dont know where this company is located but wouldnt it make since to release them in the middle of the day or midnight coming into the 24th?

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Yeah I dont know where this company is located but wouldnt it make since to release them in the middle of the day or midnight coming into the 24th?

They are in Cali...But you can pre-order now......

Not to hate on your company....

But it wont ship til June 19th????

Thats almost 2 months from now!

Those shoes arent a damn ID. Wouldn't it make sense to open with a small size run to get the word out. Doing it this way makes it seem fradulent. I hope I'm wrong

Back
Top Bottom