August Alsina.......dude is pretty dope...

Trey Songz came into the game on that Hood R&B tip and it didn't work.

Exactly what I was going to say. He is everything trey songz was when he 1st came out but trey didnt blow up till he changed his style

I like dudes music tho been bumping both his mixtapes. Pretty sure working with the dream will work out the rough edges for him

Yo speaking of Trey Songz, can anyone name his old street singles?
I use to have a ton. The only one I can think of now is the Lloyd Banks til the end remix.

trey got alot more popular after working with drake

trey still isn't fully mainstream popular

the whole Internet landscape has changed since trey came in the game

trey still isn't fully mainstream popular

Yeah right 
laugh.gif

I don't think he is, he's up there but rnb is in shambles

he's one of the top dudes by default

Doesn't matter where R&B is. You said he isn't fully mainstream. 

Grammy nominations, movie, 2 gold albums, 2 platinum singles, world tours, etc.

What else does he need to make himself "fully mainstream" ?

You might not know his music but people know his name

I couldn't tell you country music stars songs to which would be the country equivalent to Trey as far as popularity but I know the names

I feel all that, I see trey the same way I see the dream as an artist

shoulda said I don't see him as an a list mainstream artist, he could still be alot bigger (pause)

his fame isn't thru the roof but he's def well known

anyway, back to the music

How did Currensy manage to spit one of the worst verses I have ever heard on this EP :x :x :x

August is about to drop the I luv This S*** remix featuring Chris Brown and Trey Songz. This is definitely going to be a good look for him, especially after how much play the original single caught.

I was just playing dudes music. That's a real good look. We def need more music.

remix was GARBAGE
I can tell the difference between them BUT they all sound similar on the track
So much potential for this song :smh:
Trey had the best verse which was expected
But he didn't even go in like I know he can (no homo)

Remix was weak. Mad unnecessary cursing. It was almost a contest to see who could swear the most :x

I'm a big fan of Trey and Chris but this was the **** I expected. They're always cursing on their mixtapes and raps.

Lol a swear contest.

Alsina has a ridiculously dope voice but them rapper-like songs ain't gonna cut it IMO. He needs a more unique subject of matter, cuz as of right now he sounds like a rapper trapped in a singers body. And not a good rapper either

Lol a swear contest.

Alsina has a ridiculously dope voice but them rapper-like songs ain't gonna cut it IMO. He needs a more unique subject of matter, cuz as of right now he sounds like a rapper trapped in a singers body. And not a good rapper either

:lol: ... I mean I cant be mad at him he's just trying to be himself. I am glad he's being himself and not trying to turn into some pop-r&b act who was manufactured for the masses. Long as he gets Trey Songz outta here

Lol a swear contest.

yeah. Like I dont know a ton about him, but when I heard I luv this ish, at first I was like dope, then it kinda took a turn. Not that Im against cursing, its just usually I dont find it so great in R&B songs.

He's gonna need to make traditional R&B music or he's never gonna make it past the buzz he has around him now

Singing with basically rap lyrics won't work in the long run

Back
Top Bottom