-August Alsina *This Thing Called Life* album release 12/11-

View media item 1812487

1. This Thing Called Life
2. Job (Feat. Anthony Hamilton & Jadakiss)
3. Why I Do It (Feat. Lil Wayne)
4. Hollywood
5. Hip-Hop
6. Change
7. Dreamer
8. Been Around The World (Feat. Chris Brown)
9. First Time
10. Would You Know?
11. Song Cry
12. Other Side
13. American Dream
14. Look At How Far I’ve Come
15. The Encore

Last edited:
damn I enjoyed his other work but I feel like this is the album that turns him towards "could have been"

there is no hype, I'm up on my R&B and had no idea

who is on Def Jam these days im serious btw

edt: i just looked it up on official website, i mean they def got some heavy hitters

problem is August can't keep trying to sell that "hood" R&B, it's not going to work with the masses

there is a lane wide open to slide into Trey Songz spot but not sure this dude gets that

This dude was so cold before he got famous...**** crazy. Every time I see him in an interview or something it's like dude don't know when to shut the hell up...or let it go. His antics are just corny

Played the album twice today. Gonna go pick it up later. Production is real smooth, some songs are a little too ***** made but it's a good album. One of my favorite R&B albums this year.

Went and scooped mine, it's almost impossible to buy CDs now. Crazy.

View media item 1825315

Last edited:
I saw he **** on Def Jam. I was kind of confused, because he mentioned it leaking, but it leaked pretty late. It wasn't the day of like Ross, but it was only two days before. That's good compared to what's been in the past. Which has been the only good thing about these Def Jam projects they're releasing. They're just putting out music every week with no promotion, just a Breakfast Club interview.

I haven't listened to this yet, but I liked his last project.

Gave this two full listens tonight and it's a great album in my opinion. I like how a couple of hooks and lines throughout it play on/reference 90's R&B/Hip-Hop tracks, and he spoke some real **** quite often.

His first one was cool to me but it didn't stick with me, so we'll see how much temptation I'll have to revisit this.

damn he droppin too?

2015 has been crazy with music

More quantity than quality.

Here's hoping '16 we multiple timeless albums.

As for August, not very familiar with son, not feeling the tracks in OP.

Last edited:
I liked his first EP and his debut was cool, but I'm only digging a couple tracks on this LP (first time [emoji]128293[/emoji])

Played the album twice today. Gonna go pick it up later. Production is real smooth, some songs are a little too ***** made but it's a good album. One of my favorite R&B albums this year.

repped for picking up the new R Kelly. I bought it digitally 2 days ago.

Listened to "This Thing Called Life" earlier today on Spotify and I must say that this is an incredible album. Think I will purchase this on ITunes as well.

problem is August can't keep trying to sell that "hood" R&B, it's not going to work with the masses

there is a lane wide open to slide into Trey Songz spot but not sure this dude gets that
this Album ant really "hood" R&B tho, i get what you mean but i think he let that go awhile ago he just ant got any media training or doesn't listen to his PR team.

he is making better music the trey right now if you ask me he just doesn't have the fan base or that hit to take over. 
This dude was so cold before he got famous...**** crazy. Every time I see him in an interview or something it's like dude don't know when to shut the hell up...or let it go. His antics are just corny
roll.gif
its funny cause all of this is true. 

yeah Album got a lot of fire on it and he is telling a story. he is 2/2 if you ask me

that R.kelly got some late night bangers on it also 
pimp.gif

^ I'm not feeling this album all that much, he def. kind of let go what he started as but that transition seems to be tough for him

I thought "Kissin On My Tattoos" was a good bridge into more radio friendly R&B

nothing stands out about this album to me, it's almost like Chris Brown, August, Jeremih are just doing songs any of them could do with no real creativity

it's almost like Chris Brown, August, Jeremih are just doing songs any of them could do with no real creativity

I don't know what this means.

Chris Brown hasn't dropped but his singles have all been fire.

August is singing about the struggle and pain in his life while also having that 90s R&B influence. Doesn't sound like anything else out and I love it. Barely any features. Can't get enough of this album.

Jeremih went the radio route. Album has the same content as Fetty, Future, Young Thug and all those clowns on the radio. Very similar production musically too.

"This Thing Called Life" is a dope album. I like this sophomore effort. However, i think "Testimony" was better.

Weird thing is, there is only like one chick track on this "First Time". 90% of the album is depressing with glimpses of hope. One of the saddest albums i've ever heard. Talks about the struggle and overcoming the odds stacked up against him. I recommend this album to any R&B listener cause it is a great body of work. August is 2/2 with project so far.

Back
Top Bottom