AUNT VIV IS MAD VOL......oscars

I'll bet the Oscars are gonna have more viewers this year than any other year. So much free publicity.
Bruh , the viewship for the Oscars has consistently been in decline over the years. If people didn't care then , I don't think they'll care now.
This is true but all this "boycotting" won't put a dent in the viewers they get. It will get them more.

I saw Get On Up. Boseman did not deserve to be nominated for playing James Brown.

He tried his best but his James too stiff when dancing :smh: He got most of the moves down but lacked fluidity.

The movie was good. Done a bit differently but that wasn't on the level of Ray.
I'll bet the Oscars are gonna have more viewers this year than any other year. So much free publicity.
It's gonna be the same as last year when most of the nominees were white.

Did ppl forget last year so easily? Wasn't that when OscarsSoWhite started? Only difference now is you got some black celebs saying they're not going and some talking boycott.

FYI yall can look at the Oscar bait movies coming out for this year and be able to predict if the Oscar nominees for 2016 are gonna be all white again for the awards next year :lol: :nerd: :smh:

I was looking at the wiki list and didn't see the movie. When does it come out?

Thing is with that is I bet Martin gets a director nom, the movie gets a best pic nom, and whoever is supporting (probably both male and female) will get a nom.

I believe Will Smith has signed on to do a movie on Hurricane Katrina, dir. by Edward Zwick (Glory, 1989). That could lead him to a nomination.

I was looking at the wiki list and didn't see the movie. When does it come out?

Thing is with that is I bet Martin gets a director nom, the movie gets a best pic nom, and whoever is supporting (probably both male and female) will get a nom.
no idea, but this was posted in the movie thread

Yeah I saw that vid.

I'm just wondering if it's gonna make the deadline.

I believe Will Smith has signed on to do a movie on Hurricane Katrina, dir. by Edward Zwick (Glory, 1989). That could lead him to a nomination.
Better be fictional where Will is playing the father that goes through all types of hardships to save his son. Definitely gonna need a running scene on water.

If it's based on true events they'll probably call the flick Looter.

Last edited:
Michael B definitely got robbed. I was expecting that though.

Nah. He was good but not great. The star of Creed was Sly.

Again... Hell no. :lol:

I liked Stallone's performance. He did a good job at keeping his character fresh but Michael was obviously the star and was great. I don't see how anybody can watch that movie and think Stallone was great or the star. He was basically Mick.

But it's not surprising that Stallone is the only one getting recognized for that movie.

i don't think the role MBJ played was difficult for him, its the same for sly, both were roles that each actor could do with relative ease. thats the feeling i get at least when watching the performances.

again, as i said, both did great, i expected worse from sly (or something meh like the prev rocky), so i was surprised how well he adapted to the writing. MBJ is a great actor and did a great job in this role.

the fighting seemed a tad choreographed...but i REALLY like the few long shot scenes.

O YEA almost forgot, phylicia rashad is a criminally underrated actress and should be used in more movies. and she's not the only actor/actress i feel that way about.

blackmass..
lol i've heard people say depp's makup was booty in black mass. it def made him look goulish i gotta say, but halfway watching the movie, that evil look started to fit the character lol. also depp i think is a bit darker than bulger, that dude was 2% milk white

Last edited:
I really like Tom Hardy and i liked Mad Max but that movie didn't deserve a best picture nomination. That could have been replaced with something else. Forsure it won't win though. It seems like Tom Hardy barely even spoke in that movie.

it wasn't a complex plot or anything but it was definitely one of the best movies of 2015. pure fun. didn't need to be in 3D tho.

I love these round tables but **** that interviewer.

They just need to have that chick and dude pair moderate.

Back
Top Bottom