Average age of Jordan Collector?

Originally Posted by kapepper

Originally Posted by shpongled25

"
Age: Old enough to know: BDP, Slick Rick, Public Enemy (yes FlavOR Flav was more than just a reality TV buffoon), Run DMC when they did collab songs with Aerosmith, 3rd Bass, Beastie Boys, Rakim, Biz, ect...basically REAL HIP HOP, British Knights (not England-related), Dee Brown and his fly pumps, Electric Boogaloo, those African medallion pendants, In Living Color, Living Colour the band, fun times when Fresh Prince was a rapper with DJ Jazzy Jeff, Freddy Kreuger, Michael Meyers OG (not the remake movie by Rob Zombie), fades, high tops, "High Top" in "Colors", OG Jordans made with quality materials, Bordeaux's were ugly then and still are, I should have kept my basketball cards of 2nd year MJ when Fleer, Topps, and Upper Deck was around together, and to know fresh was a cool word then and still is, oddly enough.........the list goes on. "

^^I'm his age
me too
glasses.gif

same here....no hate at all, but im amazed at how the younger cats have the loot at that age. back then i considered myself fortunate to get 2 pairs ofsneakers (not just Js) in a single year. my collection only started picking up steam once i got done with school and started my full-time gig
smokin.gif

I'm 18 been rockin j's since birth so you already know that my collection is countless
laugh.gif

This should really be locked now tho!
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bigdamp1

29--Not to knock any body else, but it seems like a common factor is that the younger "collectors" are more into quantity. I just buy the J's that take me back to '92 or '97 or whatever. I actually lived through and was a part of the 'real' Jordan era so I can pass on XIII or IX or XV retroes. I'm old enough to remember why i didn't like them when they first came out. I think its cool how the younger kids will actually have their shoes preserved for the future. Dont some of you old mufu's wish you were that smart 10-15-20 yrs ago? We wouldn't be spending like idiots on ebay

After Jordan drop the OG 14s I kind of stop wearing jordans back then, I really wasn't felling them after that. Strictly Griffey.

Originally Posted by bigdamp1

29--Not to knock any body else, but it seems like a common factor is that the younger "collectors" are more into quantity. I just buy the J's that take me back to '92 or '97 or whatever. I actually lived through and was a part of the 'real' Jordan era so I can pass on XIII or IX or XV retroes. I'm old enough to remember why i didn't like them when they first came out.
co - sign

i feel good remember when the OGs came out while jordan was playing with the bulls, no season new jordans =]

I'm 37. I started wearing Air Jordans my freshman year of high school, 1985. I eventually worked for NIKE Basketball/Brand Jordan research anddevelpment, sports marketing and retail. I've lost count of how many shoes I've owned, but at my peak, I had over 150 pairs of promotional footwear(player exclusives, pro make-ups, unreleased samples). I had alot of PE's for Michael Finley, Q. Richardson, and Vin Baker. I think the only pair of AirJordans I still own are original Air Jordan III's from 1988.

e9415ceee8ca0f9c35f43a3c25b62fd4bfa8f0a.pjpg

I'm 31 and I can't believe it. Time goes faster as you get older. I have 18 pairs, but I don't consider myself a "collector". I wear myshoes, don't buy doubles, and don't buy to re-sell. Most of my stuff is from 1999-2003. I only like OG colors. I take great care of them so they shouldlast me for 10 more yrs. The only newer stuff I bought were Grape V's, Fire Red III's, Mars IV's, Military IV's, Fire Red V's and PlayoffVIII's. I haven't bought any CDP's. $310 today is just too much. I have real bills to worry about.

I'll always have a passion for the III's-VI's in OG colors. Those are my favorites of all. I lost interest after the XI's. My first pair wereMilitary IV's from 1989. I wore those to bikeride, fish, skateboard, and hoop in. The bottoms eventually fell off. My passion started then, but Icouldn't afford them until I was older.

I can relate to all other "older" heads. Yes- BDP, A tribe called quest, NWA, Slick Rick, Biz Markie, New Jack City, Boyz N The Hood, The Shot, TheDrive, Jordan from the free throw line, The Bulls VS. Lakers, Blazers, Suns, Sonics, and Jazz. It can go on all day. The best years for me were 1988-1996.Peace to all "New" and "Old" heads.

20 years of age ... Always had Jordans but Started to collect them when I was in the 6th grade with the XV 's ....
Not sure were the count is now but its deep not just Jordans but all sneakers I like .

I started at 14 yrs old, now I'm 19. I've been buying J's since 04, over the last 4 1/2 yrs I have 55 pairs.

23 about to be 24. Been wearing them since I was 12 years old and started collecting in 2003. I have about 50 pairs. This will be my last year buying them. Iam happy with my collection the way it is.

I'm old school, only like the ones I missed out when they first released; the 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 OG colors.

25 and 70 or so pairs. Been collecting since 2000. Use to work at niketown in Costa Mesa before it got shut down. I only wear J's to a hip hop concert orbball court, haha most of the time I work now, J's look kinda funky with a suit.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

been collecting since cool grey 11's came out.
now up to 26 pairs (little compared to most^^)

laugh.gif
@ 15.5

i'm turning 26 this year and i have around a 100 pairs of kicks, most of them are just Nike's (basketball, runners, dunks, etc..) but i also havesome jordan heat that i can throw on any given day if i feel like rocking them. i don't believe you can outgrow something you love. if you were buyingJ's to have the hottest new kicks and now you are older i'm sure you're feeling a lil salty now that you matured
laugh.gif
but if you were coppingbecause you sincerely loved the shoes then it shouldn't matter at all. people are going to think what they wanna think about you regardless of what you goton your feet. if someone is ready to pass an opinion about you just because of your age and whats on your feet then they are either too young or too ignorantto know better. to me it's all the same whether you're rocking a pair of infrared VI's or some AM's that not many people are up on...it'sstill a pair of kicks regardless and this is a culture of sneakers....not a sneaker trend.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

been collecting since cool grey 11's came out.
now up to 26 pairs (little compared to most^^)

laugh.gif
@ 15.5

i'm turning 26 this year and i have around a 100 pairs of kicks, most of them are just Nike's (basketball, runners, dunks, etc..) but i also have some jordan heat that i can throw on any given day if i feel like rocking them. i don't believe you can outgrow something you love. if you were buying J's to have the hottest new kicks and now you are older i'm sure you're feeling a lil salty now that you matured
laugh.gif
but if you were copping because you sincerely loved the shoes then it shouldn't matter at all. people are going to think what they wanna think about you regardless of what you got on your feet. if someone is ready to pass an opinion about you just because of your age and whats on your feet then they are either too young or too ignorant to know better. to me it's all the same whether you're rocking a pair of infrared VI's or some AM's that not many people are up on...it's still a pair of kicks regardless and this is a culture of sneakers....not a sneaker trend.
Well put~ I was never one to really hold onto J's, when I started buying J's was to wear them to play ball. I destroyed so many since istarted.

i think this started as a decent thread. people being immature has brought it down. but i goes hand in hand with being a youngsta. everybody want to tuff talkbeind the computer screen.

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Man makin me feel old im 22 bout to be 23. So most of this board really didnt even see Jordan play but for what the Wizard's stint if that. I mean to me to be this so called "collector" of Air Jordans. There has to be some passion for Jordan or all it is to me is Hypebeast's.

so true... most of these kids only know "His Airness" and a Jumpman logo. I grew up idolizing Michael.

21 yrs old and been collecting for like 7 yrs now. owned over 50 pair. I'm gonna stop once the XI/XII CDP drops.

23 years old and have been buying/collecting Air Jordans since 2001 when i bought my 1st pair of true blues. I currently own 225 pairs of Air Jordan's.

I'm 31 and I have about 65 pairs and most of them have all been worn. My first OG J's were XII' in obsedian and white. I still have them eventhough the soles are yellowed a bit. I started late rockin J's as I wore mostly AM95's before I found my love for J's. I have 13 pairs of J'sand 1 countdown pack.

just about to hit 28 this month. got into Js back in 6th grade with the V's and VI's. fell off for many moons when I got into skateboarding in juniorand HS, went to undergrad (missed the 'prime' retro era 99-01'), went to grad school and finally got a job. then I found all that I had beenmissing. collecting em takes me back and also allows me to see the ones that I missed while doing other things. its been great, tho quite a financial drain.I'm up to 40+ or so and have been hitting it hard for the last year and a half.

19...been "collecting" i guess you can say for about 2 years, have 27 pairs of jordans, prolly have like 40 overall i also have had many other pairsof shoes, jus blew them out shoes are meant to be used not kept or stored for a later date, and yes i have worn the 6s that just came out whats the point tojust look at them, only buy what you like not what others like so ill keep collecting shoes i like no matter how old i get

Back
Top Bottom