Azealia Banks Vs. Iggy Azalea tension grows, Iggy Responds to Banks

The thing is this isn't Iggy's fault, she's a pawn. We should be ashamed of the people who allowed this to happen.

It would be easier not to get mad at Iggy if she didn't say things like "runaway slave master" directly bite things from other people, put on a fake accent, didn't go on that stupid tweet rant.

But she makes it so difficult to ignore.

Iggy the white female version of cb4 :lol:

She's the biggest fraud in hip hop tbh

Not now, but he'll make some monumental craptacular song and he'll be back, he is worse than both Banks and Iggy. He makese mad with radio. Thank God for satellite radio.
I have more respect for Macklemore for making that same sex marriage song than I'll ever have for Iggy or Azelia. At least he tries to have a message in his music. I have Sirius as well, so I dont hear him ad nauseam... maybe that's why i dont get the hate.Like this broad Azelia is *****ing about so and so isn't hip hop,but has the nerve to say she likes Rae Sremmurd. Macklemore is infinitely more "hip hop" than them.

I have more respect for Macklemore for making that same sex marriage song than I'll ever have for Iggy or Azelia. At least he tries to have a message in his music. I have Sirius as well, so I dont hear him ad nauseam... maybe that's why i dont get the hate.Like this broad Azelia is *****ing about so and so isn't hip hop,but has the nerve to say she likes Rae Sremmurd. Macklemore is infinitely more "hip hop" than them.

She's kind of not hiphop either, and most of the time she's *****ing about everything other than hip hop related issues, they all are horrible to me, but Sirius is a gift from heaven

She destracts from her own message. You can really ignore her and she'll do the work for you. Sad.

She has some points though, but she's terribly off with that Bill Cosby ****. Terribly off.

(Never heard an Iggy or Banks song. Those snippets don't sound like anything I would enjoy though.)

I watched this interview last night and my thoughts are she's a young kid who is just finding out what the real deal is. I see she's frustrated and angry, but what she is discovering in her musical journey has been known for a long time. At least you can't say she doesn't know at this point, now what is she going to do about it? Likely nothing. She went about it in the wrong way and quite honestly, I think she might have shot herself and career in the foot calling T.I. out like that. Granted, if that's how you want to feel, you are entitled to that, but the way she called out T.I. was in a way you talk when you are with close friends off the record. Calling that man's wife out her name when she doesn't even know her like that made her look real crazy. She needs to know how to play the game and she made a misstep is all. You can't walk in the door like Billy Bad *** and talking **** like that. She can miss me with all that crying bs. She was all over the place with her points though. I found it really ironic she was calling T.I out and she in some ways was acting like the very thing she was accusing him of. 

Yeah once you sweep the grammys you can just go alternative and make a good living of shows like norah jones

Macklemore should jump into that robyn lane . Electronic/dance type of records would really suit his style

no one is not welcoming whites in hip hop.  what's not welcomed is certain people in hip hop being hailed as something innovative or extraordinary

compared to their non white colleagues when often times that's not even close to being the truth.

Last edited:

no one is not welcoming whites in hip hop.  what's not welcomed is certain people in hip hop being hailed as something innovative or extraordinary

compared to their non white colleagues when often times that's not even close to being the truth.
Yea hip hop been open

It started out with majority black artists but there were plenty hispanics, jewish etc.. in the mix

The only thing people care about is authenticity and skill level

The thing with that is, seeking validation from outside the culture. So what if ET says Iggy is the best rapper out? They're not an authority. And real consumers of hip-hop don't look to them. Sure other people do, but they're not of the culture either. They weren't deciding between Jean Grae and Iggy, if not Iggy, they're not looking for the dope rap ****. They'll just consume nothing. It's not between Iggy and Banks, it's between Iggy and nothing. Those people get what comes across their plate.

As I understand it, she made a catchy tune. Fine. It happens. But talent wins. It really always wins. You can be hot for a moment, but people will move once that moment is over. And it will be somebody else. That's going to always be the case ...white or black. But the artists who have managed to stay around for decades, they're all really good at this. Em is here because he was/is really good. Asher isn't because he wasn't. He's exactly where he should be now.

And I know The Grammys are supposed to be this serious thing, but historically, they get it wrong. All the time. There's a certain level of acclaim you have to have to even be nominated. They're not looking for the best album. It's a popularity contest. Because, honestly, they have to justify airing that ****. And nobody wants to see the best artists on the red carpet. They want to see the most popular ones. Those two things should be in concert, but...mostly, they're just not. All subjective, I suppose.

I wish someone would pull together a real awards show for music. Not just black music, but one that takes black music more into account and isn't about how popular an artist is. One that tries to get it right, across the board. Not some BET award/Soul Train ****, because those are biased too...for balance. But there just needs to be something else that's serious. Or nothing.

The thing with that is, seeking validation from outside the culture. So what if ET says Iggy is the best rapper out? They're not an authority. And real consumers of hip-hop don't look to them. Sure other people do, but they're not of the culture either. They weren't deciding between Jean Grae and Iggy, if not Iggy, they're not looking for the dope rap ****. They'll just consume nothing. It's not between Iggy and Banks, it's between Iggy and nothing. Those people get what comes across their plate.

As I understand it, she made a catchy tune. Fine. It happens. But talent wins. It really always wins. You can be hot for a moment, but people will move once that moment is over. And it will be somebody else. That's going to always be the case ...white or black. But the artists who have managed to stay around for decades, they're all really good at this. Em is here because he was/is really good. Asher isn't because he wasn't. He's exactly where he should be now.

And I know The Grammys are supposed to be this serious thing, but historically, they get it wrong. All the time. There's a certain level of acclaim you have to have to even be nominated. They're not looking for the best album. It's a popularity contest. Because, honestly, they have to justify airing that ****. And nobody wants to see the best artists on the red carpet. They want to see the most popular ones. Those two things should be in concert, but...mostly, they're just not. All subjective, I suppose.

I wish someone would pull together a real awards show for music. Not just black music, but one that takes black music more into account and isn't about how popular an artist is. One that tries to get it right, across the board. Not some BET award/Soul Train ****, because those are biased too...for balance. But there just needs to be something else that's serious. Or nothing.
This.

"I never let a statue tell me how nice I am...."

I watched this interview last night and my thoughts are she's a young kid who is just finding out what the real deal is. I see she's frustrated and angry, but what she is discovering in her musical journey has been known for a long time. At least you can't say she doesn't know at this point, now what is she going to do about it? Likely nothing. She went about it in the wrong way and quite honestly, I think she might have shot herself and career in the foot calling T.I. out like that. Granted, if that's how you want to feel, you are entitled to that, but the way she called out T.I. was in a way you talk when you are with close friends off the record. Calling that man's wife out her name when she doesn't even know her like that made her look real crazy. She needs to know how to play the game and she made a misstep is all. You can't walk in the door like Billy Bad *** and talking **** like that. She can miss me with all that crying bs. She was all over the place with her points though. I found it really ironic she was calling T.I out and she in some ways was acting like the very thing she was accusing him of. 
Don't u feel people shouldn't have to play the "game"
And be straight up with how they feel
We claim to want authenticity
But when people tell the truth
We call em crazy or ignorant or just things that makes it seem like they trippin
Sometimes telling the truth brings out that kind of emotion
Especially when the system is designed against u
U and I both know her career may suffer cause of that interview
But why when she was telling the truth
People say she was emotional and all over the place
Sometimes when getting ur point across and ur emotional about it
That's what happens
Not to mention all the backlash she has had before this
I mean this is the first time we even heard her side
And people agree with it
Sometimes the delivery ain't that important
It's the message

apparently it's her rumored sextape, plus some of her racist remarks she made of other races and stuff. this is gonna get very ugly.......

Back
Top Bottom