B-grade info

Hey I was looking on ebay just for any good deals and was wondering if B-grades have the correct date on the tag?
or any other good way to spot b-grade kicks?

spottng B grades is really, really easy.

The size tag says B on it.

end of story

So Whats stopping the factories that are making these from not putting that on there to seller their shoes for more money?

So Whats stopping the factories that are making these from not putting that on there to seller their shoes for more money?

i would hope you are really thinking about what you are saying because you are definitely making this harder than it needs to be.

A factory would not put B on the tag because a B lowers the value of the shoes. You really think B Grades sell for more than A Grades? Really?

i would hope you are really thinking about what you are saying because you are definitely making this harder than it needs to be.
A factory would not put B on the tag because a B lowers the value of the shoes. You really think B Grades sell for more than A Grades? Really?

I ment a factory could not put the mark to pass them off as A's ...I was asking whats stopping them from doing that if its just a marker dash. and then they could sell their B grades for A grade price

hes talking about factories that make fakes. saying that they should stamp b to make them seem authentic

I ment a factory could not put the mark to pass them off as A's ...I was asking whats stopping them from doing that if its just a marker dash. and then they could sell their B grades for A grade price

I heard this happens when one shoe is severely messed up with missing eyelits, melted sole, unstitched parts etc. When inspectors notice a very obviously defective shoe they deem 50 pairs made before that shoe and 50 pairs made after "B grades". This is why you often see B grades at the outlet with no flaws whatsoever.

Seems wasteful, but it gives the opportunity to cop kicks at outlets for a fraction of the price. Pretty sure the manufacturer can partially write off B grades for tax benifits too.

was at a local mall yesterday and couldn't believe they were trying to pass off so many jordans for a-grade.. so many imperfections on so many shoes its ridiculous..

Hel some of the quality of the A grades is no different than the B grades u really have to inspect your shoe or you can get got

He's talking about the "B-grades" made by formerly known people/sites like Air-Randy and SDS. People have been throwing the "B-grade" description around to classify the kicks that those guys put out there.

A better term to categorize/describe the shoes made by those people would be "unauthorized" pairs (rather than "B-grades", because Nike does actually authorize some "B-grades" to be made/sold through outlets). They are pairs that were supposed to be destroyed (due to imperfections or different/early production runs; this is where the term "B-grade" came from for these pairs)... or they are pairs that were made using the same materials (or scraps) "after hours" in the same factories. Thus, they are "unauthorized" because Nike never intended for them to be sold/created.

As for determining which pairs are "unauthorized" or not... it's pretty tough. There isn't necessarily a set way to do it. Unauthorized pairs have a higher chance of having more imperfections than normal release pairs... but that still isn't the only factor (as there are definitely some normal release pairs that have imperfections as well). Also, unauthorized pairs usually have earlier production dates than the majority of the normal release pairs (this comes from the fact that many of the unauthorized pairs come from early production runs that were meant to be scrapped).

Again, there isn't always a set way to do it for each release... but if the things I mentioned aren't adding up, the chances are definitely higher that you're dealing with an unauthorized pair.

He's talking about the "B-grades" made by formerly known people/sites like Air-Randy and SDS. People have been throwing the "B-grade" description around to classify the kicks that those guys put out there.
A better term to categorize/describe the shoes made by those people would be "unauthorized" pairs (rather than "B-grades", because Nike does actually authorize some "B-grades" to be made/sold through outlets). They are pairs that were supposed to be destroyed (due to imperfections or different/early production runs; this is where the term "B-grade" came from for these pairs)... or they are pairs that were made using the same materials (or scraps) "after hours" in the same factories. Thus, they are "unauthorized" because Nike never intended for them to be sold/created.
As for determining which pairs are "unauthorized" or not... it's pretty tough. There isn't necessarily a set way to do it. Unauthorized pairs have a higher chance of having more imperfections than normal release pairs... but that still isn't the only factor (as there are definitely some normal release pairs that have imperfections as well). Also, unauthorized pairs usually have earlier production dates than the majority of the normal release pairs (this comes from the fact that many of the unauthorized pairs come from early production runs that were meant to be scrapped).
Again, there isn't always a set way to do it for each release... but if the things I mentioned aren't adding up, the chances are definitely higher that you're dealing with an unauthorized pair.

well said. also i've purchased shoes marked as b-grade with no imperfections but they were sent to outlet stores as b-grade shoes for a reason listed above. huge difference between unauthorized and b-grade. youtube the early release foams and cool grey 11s and other newer releases and you will see the differences..

it seems as if B-grades get passed through as A-grades more than they should these days. Everytime a jordan drops I see so many pairs with excess glue, messed up stitching, etc. I've gotten B-grades that look better than some of the "A-grades" that I've purchased.

Back
Top Bottom