Balling in the City? Help!

Only San Francisco, no East Bay or anything like that. Anyway, I'm looking for a decent basketball game, where all the people aren't 15 or so. I'min the Sunset and the Hanger is the best place I've been, but it's too high-school most of the time.

So, where do you cats play? SFSU is usually pretty good, so what else? Indoor or outdoor, doesn't matter. Also, I'm thinking about joining a gym in thearea, but most of them suck and don't even have a court. (Is LA Sports club worth it for those who have the $$?) Any experiences or advise would beawesome, because even though I've lived here for 3 years I don't know where to ball up. Thanks in advance.

sunset gym has some good ballers also try glen park. the players are real good there at GP

Sunset in the afternoons/weekends has some good run. Glen Park is hit or miss with the run. St Mary's either Tues/Wed/Thurs nights has run, but not reallysure with their schedule

If i remember right, its on Lawton. Not sure bout the cross street though, 29th maybe?? Its not hard to find.

^^^damn that gym you talking about on Lawton st I believe Sunset Gym was packed with hella people..barely got to play

I've been to sunset. It is crowded, it depends on what time you go, on saturdays they close at 5. you have to wait in turns some go up to like 4. theyplay on the side courts. 1 is full, the rest are 3 half court games. if it's too crowded they do have a court outside. but it's fun and worth thetime, you can lose a lot of weight cause believe me you'll be sweating by just standing there. Sunset rec is on Lawton and 28th. Take the 29 to lawtonand walk up. Or take the 29 to judah, get on an N, and get off at 28th and walk 2 blocks to Lawton.

Sunset Rec is good run. Free open gym is always a good thing. Tuesday nights are usually the best

Gellert Park used to be the spot, now it's pretty crappy but there are days when you can find some good runners.

24 hour fitness near moonstar in Daly City has some good run depending on who's there.

Then again i'm in high school so the run might not be up to par with you.

Try Richmond Rec Center on 18th Ave and Clement, good mix of people and it's free.
As far as gyms, 24 hour fitness on Ocean Ave has the best ballers...but it's only half court and there is NEVER any parking in the lot.

As far as gyms, 24 hour fitness on Ocean Ave has the best ballers...but it's only half court and there is NEVER any parking in the lot.

There, the walls are the boundaries and people hit the ball off the wall to get the rebound. All it is are a bunch of guys launching up midrange shots. Atleast from what I've seen the handful of times I've been there.

IMO the best place to ball in the city is at USF's Koret Gym. However, if you are not a student or a member, I believe it will cost you anywhere from$10-20 to use its facilities. 3-4 full size indoor courts. Play to 11 and you have a good mix of students and people that just go there and play ball. Irecommend going M-W after 5pm and Saturday mornings. You'll have at least 2 5 on 5 games that are real competitive.

I suggest you bring your A-game there because they get on you for not playing D and other BS. So for you serious ballers, I recommend checking it out, eventhough it costs quite a bit just to play ball.

The USF Koret is definetly the place to play. Just get the non member pass for like $80 and you get 15 visits for $5 each. Sometimes they have deals such asbuy 15 visits, get 10 free. There is a wait but it's not as bad as Richmond or Sunset Rec.

For outdoors, try Rossi playground on Arguello. I run there every Saturday from like 12-5. Its a mixed crowd so you will find every level of competition there.

Back
Top Bottom