Baseball Salary Caps and Contract Structure

fontaine

Banned
What's up everyone. I have a question that was being discussed today w/ some coworkers about the MLB.

We were arguing that if the salary and contracts were similar to the NFL (w/ ability to cut and salary caps/floors), they'd be more popular.

What do yall think?

^^^ completely forgot.

I didnt think contracts turns off younger people to the sport of baseball. there are certain markets that will always have more money than other (la lakers, dallas cowboys)

my homey thought it was level the playing field, hence bringing in more people from other markets.

I argued that small market teams will rally around their teams, regardless.

We both agreed baseball's popularity would literally skyrocket if the chopped the season in half...

same with basketball.

What are the reasons that one side is arguing a salary cap + floor would make baseball more popular?

I do think trimming the season to 150 would be better.

I know it's only 12 games but if they were to ever shorten the season I don't think its that steep.

Wont happen though. All about the mula.

What are the reasons that one side is arguing a salary cap + floor would make baseball more popular?
More of a level competition maybe. Think it's unfair for the game/fans there's a team spending $250 million vs a team spending $50 million.

And I just hate the "look at my numbers last year, give me a new deal" attitude, but many sign a fat contract and they suck and now the team is stuck with that fat deal on their books

Back
Top Bottom