Batman: Arkham Origins thread, Cold cold heart DLC April 2014

the electrocutioner fight 
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What's everyone's take on the game? Worth the 60$?

I love Arkham City. So if it's a open world version of the game, I don't have much of a problem with that. 

IGN's review was terrible. They basically said "It's not a good game, but it's a good game" :lol:

Honestly IMO it depends how much of a fan you are and if you are currently playing other games.
I'm a big Batman fan and love the Arkham series as well. So for me its a no brainer. Plus I never picked up GTA V or have any other game going on right now so I wanted something to play. Its really just Madden a lil 2k and this.

Just got my copy. Decided to just get the Standard Edition (Xbox 360). Only came with the Deathstroke Challenge Pack as a bonus though.

Now, on to the game :smokin

@pr0phecy718

None.

The Deathstroke fight is the first
eek.gif
moment I had with this game. 

As far as the reviews, 8 seems to be the general consensus which isn't bad at all.

Bros, I wanna cry..... Went to play just now and it says that my save is corrupt :frown:
3-4hrs of diligent work gone. Ya its not much but I'm thorough.
Dont even feel like playing anymore lol

Bros, I wanna cry..... Went to play just now and it says that my save is corrupt :frown:
3-4hrs of diligent work gone. Ya its not much but I'm thorough.
Dont even feel like playing anymore lol

That happen with me and ac3 my ps3 croaked so I had to start from scratch

No intentions on making it to next gen according to WB.

I just read that they will be releasing a patch for the ps3 version of the game. Nothing on the xbox yet.

I didn't lose my save data but my game locked up during the copperhead cut scene.

I'm only at 13%. Read the progress wrong yesterday.

That electricity dude stay getting treated in the game doe.

Game is nice so far.

Deathstroke almost made me throw my controller but Slade is a beast.

Yeah I beat the electricity dude in like 2 sec. Was shocked that it was over :lol:

Doing the copperhead fight now had to put it down because I'm playing on hard and it's hard to guess althose counters so I'm just putting explosives on the ground every second

Copperhead fight was hard. I've died more during thug fights in this one than in the other two games. Sometimes it seems like it takes forever to put dudes down.

Battles does seem a bit more challenging and the counter is a bit buggy or is it just me?

Last edited:
Counters are definitely a little different than before. I think they wanted the combat to be more challenging.
Cut scenes are pimp tho. Definitely feeling this game.

Yo that first electrocutioner meet was hilarious.

Straight up thought that would be the last time I seen him.

Game is kind of stuck though... My mission objective is just locate Black Mask.. But there's nothing on the map for me to go to that's primary.

On top of that, the radio tower in the bottom right corner I cant even crawl into the vent. Like it wont let me pull myself into it.

Batman: Arkham Glitches forreal.

EDIT: Yeah they definitely changed the countering. Im playing on Hard though, so I assumed that was why cause when I do the 100 Man Challenge I can pretty much counter any and everything. Still don't know how on Earth you fight the dudes with shields. Like nothing works on them at all.

Last edited:
The counters are more difficult because sometimes 2-3 are about to attack you and it only counters one but halfway through it, the other attack goes through so it break the combo/flow.

I do think they took the easy way out for making it challenging by simply giving you a crowd of crazy combinations. Like padded dudes that has guns that you want to take out first but only thing that work is stun then combo but then 2 shielded guy are around and you can't really counter their shield bash. The knife guys are more annoying this time around too, it's so hard to counter away from being shanked.

Despite that, the game is really good and the story feels more engaging even though it is another origins story, it's still cool to go through it.

Boss fights are nice too, some annoying but enjoyable so far.

I do wish there is a way or a menu tab that tells you your objective, sometimes Bats says what you should do next but if you miss, you might be gliding around not knowing what to do. It can be clearer for sure. Map on the game screen would be very helpful too.

I hope there are more side story in the game too, Arkham City lacked that big time. I want more than just getting trophies or files.

Back
Top Bottom