batman/Bruce wayne vs Iron man/ tony stark

Some food for thought, the Justice League couldn't handle the White Martians... Batman took down 3 all by himself.

I'd go with Bruce/Bat's over Tony/Iron Man.

Even though in a head to head encounter, Tony would likely win, the simple truth of the matter is that Bruce is much too shrewd to engage Tony in a head on fight. Y'all Batman naysayers want to downplay Bruce's skills as a tactician and strategist as irrelevant, but these very attributes have always been emphasized and deemed as fundamental aspects of his character.

Second point: Batman wears a mask (a suit by extension) merely as a device to protect the loved ones of Bruce Wayne. He doesn't derive any special advantages from it. Without the suit, Bruce is still capable of crime-fighting because of qualities that are innate to him, and not the Batman suit: high intellect, physical prowess, extensive knowledge of various fighting styles (martial arts, wrestling, etc), detective skiils, etc. Remember, Batman is an effective hero sans Superpowers.

What innate abilities does Tony have? He's a genius? Ok I'll give y'all that, but Bat's aint no dummy himself. I'll expand on why Tony's genius will always succumb to Batman's intellect later, though. What other innate abilities does Tony have?..............

Unlike Bruce, who can hold his own without donning the Batman costume, Tony is NOTHING without the Iron Man costume. The Iron Man suit is the point of origin for much of his crime-fighting strength and capabilities. The Iron Man suit IS the superpower. You take it away, or render it useless, and you've reduced Tony Stark to the rank of a mere mortal. In this frame of things, sans respective "hero accessories", clearly, the Bruce Wayne/Batman combo > Tony Stark/Iron Man combo.

Head to Head with hero costumes in tow: Iron Man > Batman

Head to Head without hero costumes in tow: Bruce > Tony

Tie-braker: Bruce/Batman > Tony/Iron Man...

because as already explained, a head to head between Batman and Iron Man would never happen because Bruce Wayne's innate abilities as a shrewd tactician, strategist, and detective would give him enough foresight to avoid such a calamitous situation. Also, consider that much like Stark, Bruce is a resourceful Billionaire. Thus, simply stated, Bruce could himself build an external shell that could go toe-to-toe with the Iron Man shell. Whose to say he can't?

The last thing worth touching upon has to do with emotions. Tony Stark wears his on the outside, Bruce Wayne does not. In effect, Tony could easily be manipulated--have his genius, his greatest innate asset, clouded by his emotions--if Bruce pushed the right buttons. In theory, the tables can be turned just as easily, but consider that Bruce and everyone ALREADY KNOWS Iron Man's true identity (this highlights yet another flaw in Tony Stark: over-confidence and arrogance) while Batman's remains, for the most part, a secret; thus Bruce could hit Tony where it hurts even before Tony was aware that there was beef between them. Tony could probably figure out Bat's true identity in due time, but it wouldn't do him much help as by then Bruce would have already gotten the upper hand.

In the end, if I hadn't been clear enough, the tandem of Bruce Wayne and Batman would best the tandem of Tony Stark and Iron Man because Bruce Wayne and/or Batman are equally effective and capable heroes in their own right, independent of each other. The Batman costume is a facade to maintain Bruce's identity and to protect his loved ones. Nothing more, nothing less. You can take away the Batman costume, and Bruce Wayne would still be a capable hero because the qualities that make Batman formidable are INNATE to Bruce Wayne. The same cannot be said about Tony Stark. Tony NEEDS the Iron Man appendage(s) to be an effective hero. Without it, he's nothing; the Iron Man suit is what engenders him with superpowers, without which he's just a regular person.

GREAT analysis....but Tony in later stages develops Iron Man armor that is stored in the cavities of his bones, and he can control it with his mind since its interwoven with his CNS. Meaning even if he's meeting Bruce as Tony Stark he can become Iron Man in the snap of a finger....Batman isn't controlling Tony's mind like that. Tony is smarter than Bruce (albeit by the smallest of margins), and although he is arrogant he wouldn't just show up expecting to beat him without a fight... The Extremis armor makes him conscious of everything across the planet pretty much and his speed of thought and mental capabilities become even more enhanced which makes them significantly better than Bruces/Batman's. And just like Bruce could develop a better suit...Tony would be doing the same to further enhance his advantage.

Just on a physical level, Iron Man is much better than Batman, no matter what gadgets are in place...dude flies faster the speed of sound.. But you may be right that Bruce v Tony as themselves would give Bruce the edge. Then on the other hand, Tony isn't a moron and would NEVER fight Bruce w/o his suit....that would just be asking for trouble :lol: Tony's not just an avg joe w/o his suit either...dude is one of the smartest people in the world and would. Bruce's combat skills are unparalled though by a normal human...but that's a moot point when Tony has the Iron Man outfit on

HERO vs HERO...Iron Man wins

Man vs Man....Bruce would win

Why does this discussion always lead to Iron Man being stripped of his suit?

I think that says a lot.

Also Stark wouldn't fall as easily as you think against Wayne in hand to hand...his combat training from Cap should help with that.

Bats> Iron

That's probably being a lil bias, but I think at the end of the day it's all on who holds the cooler head while in combat. Starks would lose

Last edited:

I think that says a lot.
Well Batman would look to that knowing his hand to hand combat is superior (Bats being a master of over a 100 martial arts) and if you're taking down Superman/Justice League he'd be able to take down Iron Man. 

I'd love to see it made into a animated film.

listen...when it comes to tech....ain't no way you can put bruce>tony.

if bane broke the bat...iron man can break him even without the hulkbuster suit....he could break bat in that OG gold bullet getup.

ya'll throwing too many variables in the mix....if you had them go heads up batman is as good as dead.

/thread

tony got so much money he'd get alfred on the payroll to be jarvis' butler.

and i like batman....but he ain't winning this. Ya'll wanna throw mad random **** in the mix....that's like saying "ooohhhh but tony can use his infinity gem"....*****wtbs

Batman is my dude, but I think Iron Man would win. :nerd: His suit is just way more advanced & I don't think Batman would be able to win against that.

Does an EMP bomb still work on Iron Man?
No, since the Mark VII (Silver Centiron) where Tony had to defeat Stane, he has built an immunity to EMP, All types of energy blasts(including his own), acid, explosives, and all physical attacks. Put batman up against the Mark VII and up and all of his utility belt is basically useless. 

I think that says a lot.
Exactly. Dudes have to have his suit off for him to win 
laugh.gif

Without his suit, he would still be able to win.... seeing he owns a weapons company. 
Nope.
Nah, not with the newer armor he has....he'd know it was coming and be able to set up some degree of defense for it...and he;d bounce back in a few mins..
He would never be knocked down, EMPs are useless, so is Batman.

I'd go with Bruce/Bat's over Tony/Iron Man.

Even though in a head to head encounter, Tony would likely win, the simple truth of the matter is that Bruce is much too shrewd to engage Tony in a head on fight. Y'all Batman naysayers want to downplay Bruce's skills as a tactician and strategist as irrelevant, but these very attributes have always been emphasized and deemed as fundamental aspects of his character.
/Thread

Every time I go oneway somebody comes in and make me go back.

I don't no where I stand anymore, lol.

Nah, screw that.....
#teamIronman

Word to you all on here...I've been watching the blu ray trilogy all day. I have to side with Batman.....for now

It's apparent a lot of people in here aren't familiar with the comics and are just basing their opinions off of the films. Like someone said earlier, with the proper prep time Batman can easily handle anyone. He has a contingency plan in place for every member of JL in case anyone went rogue. What makes you think he can't have one in place for Tony? He could easily figure out how to disable his armor rendering him useless. Superman himself has been quoted calling Batman "the most dangerous man on Earth".

Those plan were dope.

The plan for Flash :rofl:

I would go with Batman for all people said.

I do agree that no prep from bat, iron man takes it. Easy.

we should have a poll for this.

Last edited:
  •     J'onn J'onzz is covered with nanites that convert the outer layer of his skin into magnesium, causing him to burst into fire- his greatest weakness- upon exposure to air. He later survives by wearing an airtight water-filled suit provided by Aquaman, then waiting until he can shed enough skin cells to function normally. Batman didn't anticipate this strategy because he never expected J'onn to survive so long.
  •      Aquaman is rendered hydrophobic due to an altered form of the Scarecrow's fear toxin; without water, he would die in a matter of hours. J'onn uses his telepathy to help him overcome the effects of the toxin.
  •      Plastic Man is frozen solid, then shattered by a hammer by one of Ra's' henchmen. Afterward, Flash reassembles him, allowing Plastic Man to recover.
  •      Green Lantern is rendered blind by his own power ring from a post-hypnotic suggestion introduced in his sleep; as an artist, Kyle is unable to function without his vision to guide the ring's power, but he is able to overcome the post-hypnotic suggestion after his ring is temporarily removed and the methods behind the attack are explained to him. 
  •     Thanks to a nanite injected into her ear, Wonder Woman is trapped in a virtual reality battle against an opponent who she cannot defeat and is her equal in every way; her refusal to surrender under any circumstance would eventually cause her heart to fail. The nanite is removed after her teammates recover.   
  •   A specially designed "vibra-bullet" strikes Flash in the back of the neck, causing him to experience seizures at light speed before it is removed; although only exposed to the weapon for 22 minutes, Wally's relativistic speed makes the experience feel like months.   
  •   Superman's skin becomes transparent after exposure to red Kryptonite, an artificial creation of Batman's made by exposing a green kryptonite sample to radiation. As Superman is powered by solar energy, his skin's transparency causes a sensory overload by his internal organs' direct exposure to sunlight without his skin as a proper solar filter.   

laugh.gif
Oh we are talking about inventions now? Well, seeing Tony's life is invention, well here's a list for you. 

Incredible transistors and revolutionary microcircuits

Louisville-Slugger-sized grenade cannons

Jet-powered roller skates (enable an entire infantry to move down the highway at 60 m.p.h.)

Atomic Naval cannons (fire a nuclear salvo 500 miles, revolutionizing battleship power)

Flesh healing serum (closes open wound in two seconds with synthetic liquid tissue)

Alloy for the shell of the S.I. space capsule (resists penetration of space radiation)

Burp-Gun (fires cartridges the size of .50 caliber machinegun bullets--the equivalent of artillery shells--at a rate of 1,000/minute)

Pocket-sized disintegrator ray (installed in a common flashlight case)

A-12 Artillery Transports

The Y-69 three-man rocket

Anti-gravity device (only working model; a ray of an unsafe design, but so powerful it can literally move mountains)

Remote-controlled observer missiles (take pictures of the enemy)

Uranus-11 rocket

Proton anti-armor gun

Moon Missile (which was actually a rocket with the first capsule that could fly independently of the main rocket)

Mangler missile (with a guidance system so sophisticated that it could actually attach itself to an enemy rocket, control it, and destroy it if need be)

One-man mini submarine (a scout sub; can out run, out flank almost any torpedo; compact size gives it great strength per cubic inch)

Sub-miniature reverser

Enervator ray (experimental medical device)

Centrifugal force ray

Rocket sled

Atomic Earth Borer

Tracer shells (capable of tracking and zeroing in on a target)

Anti-missile missile gun

Uranus-12 rocket

Life Model Decoy (of himself and others)

Electric memory bank (a repository where Stark has placed/recorded all of his activities and ideas so Humanity can continue to benefit from his vast knowledge after his death. It contains Stark's lifelong knowledge.)

Light-bending device (installed in a car, makes occupants invisible to those looking in)

Magnetic memory device that channels tractor-pressor beams to reassemble things

Security-Scan (the forerunner of retinal and/or biometric scan)

Pre-programmed micro-manipulators (assist his workers in building the complex micro-circuit sub-assemblies)

KX-59 Mark II missile destruct system (an anti-missile cannon)

Aero-tank (a hovercraft/tank hybrid)

Weather satellite

Space shuttle Star Reach I (years before NASA)

Quantum IX (manned orbiting laboratory; precursor to NASA's Skylab)

Starjump shuttle (S.I.'s second space shuttle)

Micropower cell (a commercial version of Iron Man's internal energy storage cells)

Anit-ballistic missiles

Heat-seeking anti-aircraft missiles

Napalm gel fragmentation grenades (shoulder-fired from a companion launcher

Laser-guided 50 lb shell canon (guided by a command satellite and 1 million small, coordinating satellites it could home in on the body heat of the enemy)

Tabletop television (under a conference table)

Anti-Missile Missile Gun (multiple salvos)

Stark Moon Vehicle (tank-like moon tractor)

Image projector (holographic comm. system; sends the image of the speaker anywhere for two-way communication)

Deep-Sea Jet Bathyscaph prototype (experimental vehicle loaned to Avengers)

Artillery Computer

Transistor-powered Ejector (for scientists working in atomic labs; as soon as radiation is detected by the photo-electric cells, it ejects a rapidly unwinding spool of lead foil which wraps itself around the radiation source—tethered to a lead-coated inflatable balloon to secure the radioactive object)

Power Ray (fires a capsule with an acid-based solvent)

Transistorized Foxhole Digger

Geiger-Counter Missile (hand-held, its on-board instruments scan the earth to track/find radioactivity)

Anti-Freeze Pills (aid in arctic exploration)

Cosmitronic cannon (takes cosmic rays found in the atmosphere and harnesses them for a variety of uses)

Computerized fire-fighting system (installed at S.I.'s Long Island plant)

Para-gravity deflector (a.k.a. Rescue-jet, a one-man space escape device)

Stark Satellite One (another Stark space satellite)

Atomic piledriver (a hammering machine capable of pounding through mountains)

Numerous intelligence systems for the U.S. Government (presumably hardware and software)

High level communications gear and automated security devices for the U.S. Government

Designed the security systems inside Mount Thunder (NORAD)

Designed the Guidance Systems in our ICBM's

Multiple patents for aeronautic instruments and controls

The Avengers' Quinjets

Developed an electro-therapy technique to helped crippled people

Memory extractor

Voice-activated elevator

The Avengers' Land Cruiser (a hovercraft-like vehicle)

Jupiter Landing Vehicle

Jet carts (for transport on S.I.'s Long Island campus)

Electrosthetic conductor (an alternative to conventional anesthetics it uses sound waves to calm the body's electronic impulses)

Sonic borer (a low-heat new drilling method for deep sea drilling rigs)

Energizer link (the revolutionary main component of the sonic borer)

Assorted commercial security systems (including proximity alarms)

V-TOL craft (with integrated radar-bending stealth system)

Mechanical Mole (drilling rig capable of boring its own tunnels)

S-Matrix Theory Circuitry (commercial application from armor)

Produced the vital circuit design for the video game "Circus of Monsters"

The space shuttle Sky Hop 1 (shown right)

Anti-grav mobility unit (a $2 Million anti-grav “wheelchair”)

Changing machine (capable of dressing an invalid Stark, machine could even suggest the right clothes based on weather)

Invented the precursor to modern-day search engines and Web crawling software

Holographic image-inducer (makes anyone look/sound like another person)

SubOrbital One-Man Rocket

Engine Bugs (nannites capable of repairing The Works facility)

Holo-Communicator wristwatch

V-TOL aircraft prototype Redbird I with new guidance system for NASA (cost = $30 Million)

Astro Star satellite

Holographic imaging transfer camera (allows someone to appear as someone else on TV)

Stark flying wing

So we all in agreement that thisna legitimate stalemate..... like isaid a few pages back when then fighting starts tony or bruce would have to oneshot to win.
Prep time don't matter they both aare billionaire play boys wirh unlimited resources

Back
Top Bottom