Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Assignments Explained - Unlocks for Back to Karkland 

10 all-new Assignments extend the persistence
The Back to Karkand expansion pack is much more than just maps. We are also adding a new layer of persistence in the form of ten Assignments. These will be tracked no matter if you play a base game map or expansion pack map, and add a new way to unlock things in the game.

The ten Assignments add a new layer of persistence. Click for full resolution image.

Let’s take a closer look at the “Let it Rain

Yo if anyone can answer this.

How many maps are on MP and how many modes?

Is that new map pack Karkand going to be free? Is stuff like this normal (free stuff)?

I haven't kept up with BF3 since the beta but I think of trading MW3 for this game.
I just realized on MW3 that the pace is funked up.. its toooo arcade-like nowadays.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

Is that new map pack Karkand going to be free? Is stuff like this normal (free stuff)?

I haven't kept up with BF3 since the beta but I think of trading MW3 for this game.
I just realized on MW3 that the pace is funked up.. its toooo arcade-like nowadays.
9 MP maps, game mode are, TDM, Squad TDM, Conquest, Squad Conquest, Rush, and Squad Rush ...hardcore option too

Karkand Pack is free when you pre-ordered or have the Limited Edition copy of BF3

BF3 soo much more fun when you work as a squad, and a match going down to the wire is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

btw. BF3 gonna be on sale during BF
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

9 MP maps, game mode are, TDM, Squad TDM, Conquest, Squad Conquest, Rush, and Squad Rush ...hardcore option too

Karkand Pack is free when you pre-ordered or have the Limited Edition copy of BF3

BF3 soo much more fun when you work as a squad, and a match going down to the wire is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Okay thank you I been refreshing this page for a response.

I guess ill try to get the limited edition tonight.  gonna trade some games i guess.

I almost forgot bout black friday.. ill wait til next week then. thanks for the tip

Is the limited edition one on black friday too?

Went to walmart today to see if I'll even be able to get a copy, they had nearly 200 copies just sitting there. 
sick.gif
 surprised me.

i just started playing this online, is there any where i can read up on tips? im so used to COD lol

also how come i cant pick the same gun i want in the same class every match? one match is the ak-47 and the next its the m16? why does it change and why cant i pick the m16 all the time???

this is an annoying dumb features i think that needs to be addressed.

there are two sides to a team "Attackers and defenders" or something to that effect so basically you can have a crazy game as ana ttacker and all your weapons are maxed out while on the defender end your guns are trash in the exact same class

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

i just started playing this online, is there any where i can read up on tips? im so used to COD lol

also how come i cant pick the same gun i want in the same class every match? one match is the ak-47 and the next its the m16? why does it change and why cant i pick the m16 all the time???

stay with your squad youll get more points an stay alive more, its easier to kill when its 4 of you taking on 1 guy , 1 guy vs 4 guys never works out  

Because there are two sides to every match: one Attacker (usually US, so you get American Weaponry e.g., M16/M249) and one Defender (usually Russian, so you get Russian Weapons (AK-74M/AK-74u). Though, there are some weapons that area unlocked for both sides due to leveling up (UMP-45/PP-2000/M416/SV98/AEK-971
smokin.gif
). Those are the weapons you should look at if you plan on using the same weapon on either side. I stay using those most of the time since I unlocked most of the stuff for them already. But I change it up often.
Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

this is an annoying dumb features i think that needs to be addressed.

there are two sides to a team "Attackers and defenders" or something to that effect so basically you can have a crazy game as ana ttacker and all your weapons are maxed out while on the defender end your guns are trash in the exact same class
It's not really dumb, IMO. Check out what I posted above... that'll help. But leveling up weapons is fun, too. 
grin.gif

Anyway, just got home from work, and I found out that some #$%#$$%@#$@$ Russian hacker hacked my EA master account and changed the password. So $#%#@ heated right now. There goes my twin level 20 BF3 profiles (PS3 and PC)
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

EDIT: Just got in touch with EA Support. Nice bunch of guys. Will get this fixed within 48 hours. Hopping on BF3 PS3 until then. 
smokin.gif
 Online now. PSN: zk1mpls

Good bunch of games on BF3 PS3 tonight. Practically overpowered the other team over and over again. Don't think we lost a game all night. What a team.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Picked up an M60E4 during one round. That LMG.
eek.gif
<3

New BF3 PC patch details. Patch should be up in an hour or so.
smokin.gif
My EA Master ID account still hasn't been restored, though. 
frown.gif
tired.gif

[h2]http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...ty-in-today-s-pc-patch-for-battlefield-3.aspx[/h2]
[h2]New Squad interface, Battlelog features, server abilities in today's Battlefield 3 update[/h2]
  • anonymous.gif
    BY: HBrun
  • POSTED: Nov 21, 2011, 04:33
  • TOTAL VIEWS: 8,253
  • COMMENTS: 31
We will soon publish a major client update for the PC versionBattlefield 3 as well as a server-side update for all platforms. The updatewill be made on Nov. 22nd 7:00 AM UTC / Nov. 21st 11:00 PM PST.  We’llshare release timing on the console patches as soon as we are clear on thetiming, these take a bit longer due to console certification process.

As always, if you have any feedback or want to discuss these changeshead to the Battlelog forums.We appreciate your feedback!

NOTE
Battlefield 3 will havea scheduled down time on Nov 22 between 07:00-09:00 AM UTC, 
during which you will notbe able to play the game.

PATCH NOTES

Selected improvementsin the Nov 22 Battlefield 3 client-side update

A full list of changes isavailable on the Battlelog

• General performance and loading timeimprovements
• "Black Screen" fix for an issue occurring on some PCconfigurations
• Stereo and rendering support for Nvidia and AMD graphics cards
• Fixed several crashes that occurred when joining multiplayer andco-op sessions
• Fixed a problem with high speed mouse movement (aka "negative mouseacceleration")
• You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sittingin an open position
• Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throwit (dangerous in Hardcore mode!)
• You should no longer spawn too close to enemies inTDM, SQDM, or Conquest
• A large number of damage and range tweaks on a number of weapons tofine-tune overall balance in the game
• Added round duration and ticket summary at End of Round screen
• Fixed a problem regarding key bindings while playing
• Significant changes to the Join Squad interface, detailed atthe bottom of this post

Selected improvements in the Nov 22 Battlefield 3 PC server-sideupdate highlights

A full list of changes isavailable on the Battlelog

• EOD Bot exploit fix
• Several crash fixes
• Anti-stat padding measures taken, disallowing ranked servers to run obscuresettings
• Improved team kill kick configuration
• Support for unranked servers. Unranked servers do not report players' scoresto Battlelog, but server administrators can freely control all settings

Newly added Battlelog functionality – Share your stats

• Ability to share your Profile and Stats pages to Facebook,Google+, and Twitter
• User Profile and Stats pages on Battlelog can now be accessedwithout being signed in to Battlelog if you know a user's URL
• Single sign on from Battlelog to Origin. If you're not logged in toOrigin and join a game server, Battlelog will automatically sign you in toOrigin in the background and join the game server

Quick notes on Squad changes in the Nov 22 update

• Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
• Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 squad members
• Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
• Disable Privacy flag when 1 man squad
• Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when squad drops to 1 player
• All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad Selectionscreen
• Players who choose not to join squads will also show up as Blue in the"Not in a Squad

So i finally unlocked the M98B Sniper Rifle...

I got a fll game with it... And man idk what it is but i cant figure out that gun & its bullets drop... idk if its the bullet drop, bullet travel speed , or just bad shots . It was just awkward for me..
30t6p3b.gif

I might need more time but right now im not feeling it... I like the M40A5 more... But ill try to use it again later...

I bought the Limited edition used. Do I still get the Back to Karkland pack free?

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Because there are two sides to every match: one Attacker (usually US, so you get American Weaponry e.g., M16/M249) and one Defender (usually Russian, so you get Russian Weapons (AK-74M/AK-74u). Though, there are some weapons that area unlocked for both sides due to leveling up (UMP-45/PP-2000/M416/SV98/AEK-971
smokin.gif
). Those are the weapons you should look at if you plan on using the same weapon on either side. I stay using those most of the time since I unlocked most of the stuff for them already. But I change it up often.
makes sense, thanks

Official Nov 22nd (PC) Patch notes - Consoles Soon
Major client update for the PC version Battlefield 3 as well as a server-side update for all platforms. 

The update will be made on Nov. 22nd 7:00 AM UTC / Nov. 21st 11:00 PM PST. 

We’ll share release timing on the console patches as soon as we are clear on the timing, these take a bit longer due to console certification process. 

---- Client-Side Changes: 

-- Visuals, Stability and Performance Fixes: 

•General performance and loading time improvements 

•“Black Screen

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

they should have mic only rooms or something i swear like 90% of people don't have mics for some reason
I like to play objectives and it's ridiculous that no one really uses mics. I might get the occassional person who has one in squad rush and it makes things way easier.  

^^ I thought someone quoted my post earlier
laugh.gif

Yeah, I agree with the mic issue. But at least you get to communicate with randoms on console. On PC, you get half-@#$ed VOIP support. Chat box isn't even that helpful at times.
ohwell.gif

Still nothing from EA/Origin Support about my hacked PC account smh. They gave me 20% off code at the Origin store, though. But games seem cheaper to cop locally than to download digitally, so I might be giving it away... Soon[emoji]8482[/emoji].
laugh.gif

Got EA to finally restore my old account... this wait shouldn't have lasted 48 hours. Going on BF3 PC in a few... if I can just finish downloading the patch. It died on me already once.
ohwell.gif

Got EA to finally restore my old account... this wait shouldn't have lasted 48 hours. Going on BF3 PC in a few... if I can just finish downloading the patch. It died on me already once.
ohwell.gif

if you like TANKS patch is garbage

Why don't I ever see the ps3 dudes rocking?
Going in solo but definitely always looking to squad up.

You can count on me planting strategic spawn points and exploiting that flying motion detector(mav)
It's usually a wrap after that.
I think the mav and irnv are overpowered but have no problem using it

Originally Posted by sladewilson

ohwell.gif

if you like TANKS patch is garbage
the nerfed the tanks?
nerd.gif
I thought sniper rifles were nerfed against helicopters? Still took out a Little Bird pilot with a headshot earlier. 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Finally unlocked the MAV on PC. How do you roadkill with it? Been trying for the past two rounds... nothing. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by eteam o2

Why don't I ever see the ps3 dudes rocking?
Going in solo but definitely always looking to squad up.

You can count on me planting strategic spawn points and exploiting that flying motion detector(mav)
It's usually a wrap after that.
I think the mav and irnv are overpowered but have no problem using it
I often play BF3 on PS3, but I'm on the other side of the world. I play BF3 practically every night, alternating between PC and PS3. And I don't think you're on my Friends list so I don't see you playing, either. 
laugh.gif
 Add me up, please.

I'm usually that dude who tries to capture objectives at all costs. Most often, my fellow attacking teammates are chicken %#$#. Practically sniper fodder. Surprisingly, rushing to the objective like a bawse not giving a single damn actually works. 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom