bay area arcades

is there any arcades left in the bay area? preferbly sf/pennisula area. im also open to resturants that have arcade games in them. i already know boutfudruckers, malibu, bowling alleys, and movie theaters. is Tilt still open at fashion island? any help would be appreciated, my son loves these arcade gamesand im always looking for new places to take him.
happy.gif

Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39? Not sure if it's still open, I know the one in the front closed down a while back, but not sure about the one that's inthe cuts near the middle..

The one over in Fisherman's Wharf is crazy expensive. I was over there last night and all the decent games were $1.50-2.00. It just seemed really expensiveto me. If you can roll out to nickel city up in San Jose. Place is pretty cool and they have tons of og arcade games. Other than those two I have noidea.........

dam, i for got all bout nickle city! i havent been there since '99! good looking,any more places?

Don't be a menace.....
which one?

Nickel city in in SJ. Not sure about the addy though.
Fishermans wharf is at pier 39 all the way in the back.

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

is there any arcades left in the bay area? preferbly sf/pennisula area. im also open to resturants that have arcade games in them. i already know bout fudruckers, malibu, bowling alleys, and movie theaters. is Tilt still open at fashion island? any help would be appreciated, my son loves these arcade games and im always looking for new places to take him.
happy.gif

WOW you just brought me back... TILT in Fashion Island... The tent building... Damn that brings me back... I guess it's been awhile since you'vebeen over that way because fashion Island was demolished in 96 I think it was and changed to bridgepoint center or something like that.

How about Chuck E Cheese in San Bruno or Redwood City? I haven;t been to either of them but back in the day they used to have a bunch of games there. I knowit's a ways but you can always hit up Dave and Busters in the great mall in milpitas.. make it a day trip, he'll love you for it!!!!

does dave and busters have a big selection of arcade games? i never been there before. do they have more games than pier 39?

yeah DnB has a big selection, but you gotta be at least 21 or someone older to bring you in.

as for nickel city..addy is:
1711 Branham Ln
San Jose, CA 95118
(408) 448-3323

i miss when the place was around silver creek
tired.gif

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

dam they tore it down in 96! wow i feel old!

Tell me about it!!! I remember taking the bus to the mall to play video games and watch chicks at the ice skating rink before I even had a car in like87-88... Damn those were the days... Tilt was on point though that place was HUGE!!!!

Dave and Busters is worth the drive for you... The place is huge!!!! If you go during the day you'll have no problem getting your son in, it's not 21and up til like 9pm I think it is... Give them a call and find out to be sure though, but worth the drive if that is what you are looking for. They have a hugeselection of video games and other types of games as well... But be warned if you go once, he's gonna wanna go back all the time, LOL

my friends and i used to go arcade hunting almost every other week on for the tekken/streetfighter/initalD/bemani circuit. makes good tournament practice.

golf land (any) are the best in the bay, preferably sunnyvale golf land, they have probably every game you would want to play and there's decent space. thebiggest is milpitas but they have an outdated selection. emerald hills isn't to far from svgl but they have a water slide. castro vally golf land is rightnext to bayfair mall, but the arcade is kinda small. all of then offer unlimited play on wednesday 6-11, closes at midnight on weekends.

scandia is up north a bit, but i havent been there yet.
there's an arcade at southland mall, pretty big too.

id say that the most decent and closest is the sfstate arcade. i would go there posing as a student with my backpack and play for a couple hours. only problemis parking.

arcades to go to:
svgl- Tekken5dr, all SF, GuiltyGear XX, initialD ver5, DDR Supernova, GuitarFreaks/Drummania V4, poppin' music. IIDX gold i think
mpgl- Tekken5dr, all SF, Virtuafighter 5, initialD ver3, Supernova, pumpitup, precussionfreaks, keabordmania, old beatmania, paraparaparadise, cheap redemptiongames
SFSTATE- Tekken5dr, MVC2, CVS2, KOF99, GF/DM v4
Pier39- kinda expensive but they have bemani games

malibu, classic bowl, metreon, fudruckers, century 20 in dalycity are all outdated. century 10 however isnt too bad.

hope this helps...

^^^ Good Call... I forgot all about Malibu/Castle Golf in Redwood City off 101... The sad thing is I pass it almost every day, LOL

malibu, classic bowl, metreon, fudruckers, century 20 in dalycity are all outdated. century 10 however isnt too bad.

they shut down the arcade at the metreon...

they have all the OG arcade games from the cliff house at a pier at fishermans wharf...i forgot the pier # but its near the boudin restaurant and the seafoodshacks...

and everyone else pretty much named the other alternatives...me and a couple friends got mad bored during summer time and tried to hit up most of the bay areaarcades and i thought the best one personally was golfland...

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

yeah DnB has a big selection, but you gotta be at least 21 or someone older to bring you in.

as for nickel city..addy is:
1711 Branham Ln
San Jose, CA 95118
(408) 448-3323

i miss when the place was around silver creek
tired.gif

yo thanks for the address.

how's the selection on the games though?

i miss it when nickle city was just right there next to silver creek. im doing alright with xboxLIVE tho hahaa

thanks for the info everybody. Ed, u got me sold on D & B, plus i never been there so i think its a good time to go.

Back
Top Bottom