bballbreakdown- Great Youtube channel looking at NBA games and how they're played out

this dude is a high school basketball coach, but he knows his stuff. he knows what hes talking about, hes always critical of even the games best players, and points out things they do very poorly or lazily. check his videos out. for example, he seems to be the only coach out there that knows that everytime kobe brings the ball up, the lakers dont run the triangle ever. 
he also has a channel called heatbreakdown that watches the heat closely, but he hasn't updated that since around the christmas game vs the lakers. this is just one example. he obviously isnt perfect but pretty close.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bballbreakdown

this dude is a high school basketball coach, but he knows his stuff. he knows what hes talking about, hes always critical of even the games best players, and points out things they do very poorly or lazily. check his videos out. for example, he seems to be the only coach out there that knows that everytime kobe brings the ball up, the lakers dont run the triangle ever. 
he also has a channel called heatbreakdown that watches the heat closely, but he hasn't updated that since around the christmas game vs the lakers. this is just one example. he obviously isnt perfect but pretty close.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bballbreakdown

Cool. I found this site a few minbutes ago and was about to post the link but I see you already made the thread. The CP3/Del Negro video is a teaching tool. Thanks again.

Cool. I found this site a few minbutes ago and was about to post the link but I see you already made the thread. The CP3/Del Negro video is a teaching tool. Thanks again.

I watched those two most recent Chris/Clippers videos, and confirmed the following:

Caron Butler has been awful this season
Blake Griffin is really sloppy
They would be one of the worst offensive team ever if not for Chris Paul (seriously)
They are terrible defensively
Vinny Del Negro is worthless

Love the jabs at Jamal Crawford and Mo Williams.

Nice find.

I watched those two most recent Chris/Clippers videos, and confirmed the following:

Caron Butler has been awful this season
Blake Griffin is really sloppy
They would be one of the worst offensive team ever if not for Chris Paul (seriously)
They are terrible defensively
Vinny Del Negro is worthless

Love the jabs at Jamal Crawford and Mo Williams.

Nice find.

Stopped paying attention to this dude after I saw a vid where he says that Bill Walton is the greatest center of all time.

Stopped paying attention to this dude after I saw a vid where he says that Bill Walton is the greatest center of all time.

haha odd...made this thread over a year ago and its alive now. i dont get the bill walton thing but other than that i like the guy

haha odd...made this thread over a year ago and its alive now. i dont get the bill walton thing but other than that i like the guy

This site is also very interesting to look at:
http://www.kirkgoldsberry.com/courtvision.htm
Welcome to CourtVision, an ongoing project by Kirk Goldsberry
examining the NBA through spatial and visual analytics.

The worst shot in the NBA
March 13, 2012

One of the things I think about a lot is where are worst shots in the league; in other words from a league-wide perspective, which spots are the least efficient shot locations. Obviously, the half-court heaves at the end of quarters are very low percentage shots, but what about “the normal areas

This site is also very interesting to look at:
http://www.kirkgoldsberry.com/courtvision.htm
Welcome to CourtVision, an ongoing project by Kirk Goldsberry
examining the NBA through spatial and visual analytics.

The worst shot in the NBA
March 13, 2012

One of the things I think about a lot is where are worst shots in the league; in other words from a league-wide perspective, which spots are the least efficient shot locations. Obviously, the half-court heaves at the end of quarters are very low percentage shots, but what about “the normal areas

Back
Top Bottom