BEASTING & STORY TELLING w/o getting BANNED

Quote:
Can you, with a straight e-face, tell me that if I was to report Jrose5 for the stuff other members get banned for he too will be dealt with???
I've already said as much. In fact, I invited people to email me if they're afraid that a moderator will delete the report.

Generally, people hold staff members to a MUCH higher standard than regular members and 90% of the time people complain about a staff member being "disrespectful," the perception is slanted since either the individual or his/her friend(s) was called out/embarrassed by a staff member. Their criteria for "abuse" seems to be whether or not they felt hurt by the statements - not whether the statements were truly a violation of our rules.

If you look at a lot of these cases objectively, I think you'd find that most of it is borderline at best. The reason it's an issue is because we do try to hold our staff members to a higher standard - but not unreasonably so. We're all human, after all.

People do make mistakes, and that's usually acknowledged. We have had discussions with staff members from time to time to review how certain threads were handled and where improvement can be made.

You also have to understand and appreciate that there people CONSTANTLY attempt to belittle and embarrass our staff members and lure them into flame wars. Since we created the site, I cannot EVER recall seeing a staff member attack someone out of the blue. Even in cases where people like Smash think someone is "asking for it," you don't see staff members piling on with insults.

Generally the only time it's even an issue is after a staff member has been thoroughly baited and provoked. That IS a lapse in judgment and we do address it - but to be fair you have to respect the bind staff members are placed in. They're subjected to maximum pressure AND held to the highest standards. Any slip and people will blow it out of proportion.

Quote:
I got banned for calling booduh spoiled in a thread, ska can make a thread pretty much calling everyone who doesn't pay their own bills spoiled or their possessions dont count cause they dont meet all the checks on his list.
If you called somebody spoiled, wouldn't that strike you as a personal attack? That seems pretty clear. The ska thread you're alluding to, which I don't recall, doesn't seem like a PERSONAL attack any more than a thread that might say "All Wizards fans who didn't follow the team back when they were terrible are bandwagoners." We don't allow people to make negative generalizations about others on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, thus and so, but you can't reasonably expect us to ban ALL generalizations on a discussion board. It's not like he specifically called YOU spoiled, after all. It's just a discussion prompt, one people were free to agree or disagree with. So, I don't see how those two examples parallel each other.

Quote:
JRose5...he banned me for clowing Eddie Mack, Eddie Mack!!! in the same thread where HE himself was going at eddie..how is that not hypocritical.
There are no excuses when you CHOOSE to violate the rules. I don't care if YOU think the target "deserves it" or not. You would agree that's not part of our rules. We don't offer exceptions when flames are "deserved."

I don't remember that post in particular, but as I recall that member was accused of fraud so I could understand why a staff member might challenge a user on that basis, and that's different than flaming them. We don't have the post to refer to, but if something like that were to occur in the future I would encourage you to report it and IF someone were to cross the line then we'd, of course, handle that.

Quote:
Cameron banned me because I told someone in a thread that he isn't a car expert...voicing my opinion...RESPECTFULLY...he retaliates and 1.locks the thread and 2. bans me.

Cameron Nelson is a moderator. Moderators can lock posts, but they can't ban other members. An administrator would have to be consulted. So, unless you were told specifically that you were banned for your conduct in that particular thread, I wouldn't automatically assume that to be the case.

Quote:
No disrespect intended but I would really like to see if Meth, Dirty, Jrose, ska, and holden would talk to us like they type.
:rofl:
roll.gif
:nerd:
nerd.gif
Yall sit here and NikeTalkThat's not my style, I Nikewalk.R.I.P. k1dg0tskillz banned for stating his grace. 2002-2007. 2500+ posts.Niketalk Rule 101: A sad story posted must be followed by sympathy and or sad emoticons. Anything else is grounds for being banned from the community.

Quote:
I want to know why socaking and others have said the same thing like 20 times in the thread. Obviously no one cares if all your gonna say is if you dont like it leave. Its just a discussion if you dont like it dont read it. Whats the difference is it to you guys if its locked or its open. Yall seem to be crying the same tune more than those arguing over the rules. I haven't seen too many people arguing over the new rules anyway. Its turned into a "are mods fair and held by the same standards as members post"

Im just stating that people continue to argue when things arent goign to change. Close the thread and people will get over it.

Quote:
calling someone spoiled is a personal attack...
but childish is a sweet and loving gesture?

Like someone said it depends on the context.

Quote:
NikeTalk
the ultimate online sneaker :rofl:
roll.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
I see more than "sneaker" forums on here...wait a minute...you replied in one.

Meth...I get you....In the end, it all comes down to house rules.

You're gonna protect your staff...respected. I dont agree with your reasoning behind the ska example because you and I both know if I insinuated that a member was a spoiled without naming he/she I'd be banned all the same.

I never understood that. "Mods PLEASE LOCK THIS!" all the while they are bumpin the thread to the top of the page :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM NTWikia
I'm a writer writer, you're not at all a writer

TahKoh
Quote:
We were getting banned/not approved if we registered for the site or mentioned the site so why shouldn't the same rules apply? Its been said by many...you throw around your title for nothing more than a power trip. And for the record...I'm 27, I'm not from new york nor do I consider you a friend so please stop addressing me as "son".
ing for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/size][/b][/size][/color][/font]

Quote:
Like someone said it depends on the context.
Yall sit here and NikeTalkThat's not my style, I Nikewalk.R.I.P. k1dg0tskillz banned for stating his grace. 2002-2007. 2500+ posts.Niketalk Rule 101: A sad story posted must be followed by sympathy and or sad emoticons. Anything else is grounds for being banned from the community.

Quote:
I dont agree with your reasoning behind the ska example because you and I both know if I insinuated that a member was a spoiled without naming he/she I'd be banned all the same.

That's not the example you gave. The example you gave seemed to be of a generalization where Ska presented certain criteria which, if not met, qualified someone as "spoiled" in his personal opinion.

That's NOT that same as saying to someone in particular "you're a spoiled brat." One is personal, the other is quite impersonal.

Don't you think there's a difference between saying, flippantly, "anyone who likes the spiz'ikes is an idiot," and saying "you're an idiot" to someone just because they like the spiz'ikes?

Quote:
You got SKA locking post and warning dudes because they said he was not a real mod.
yea son def got butt hurt when Influential said that
Quote:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
the JRose5 on that other site isn't me at all. Quit jumping to conclusions when you don't know the facts kid. :smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

thats a damn lie son we don't believe you, you need more peopleall in all tho the new rules aint nuffin serious, i was never the type to post pics of broads anyway.. at least not on this site so i could care less.. Oo and please dont tell me that Smash got banned in this thread for arguing
GOOOOOOOOOONIES
X
THE JOKER GANG
"BANG!"
HahAHhahAhahaHahAHaHAhA...Smile!​

^ a difference but not much. an idiot is an idiot. each way is offensive. just cause you have reasons that you think qualify someone as ____ [<-- fill in an adjective insult] doesn't make it right or that you are allowed to do it.
nike rule 102: back up your insults with reasoning and its a-ok.

rambo... your so banned
Yall sit here and NikeTalk
That's not my style, I Nikewalk.
R.I.P. k1dg0tskillz banned for stating his grace. 2002-2007. 2500+ posts.
Niketalk Rule 101: A sad story posted must be followed by sympathy and or sad emoticons. Anything else is grounds for being banned from the community.

I should've reported it.. Of course.. That still doesn't answer my question about why all of the other mods.. Admins.. Who do frequent the jewlery thread.. Did nothing about it... but no biggie..
And I'm not looking for ramboxstalk.com

Loook meth.. Were paddling hard in a patch of quicksand here.. All I'm saying is you guys aren't always fair.. And its not simply human error.. A lot of times its a case of power /title being thrown around.. And while it isn't that serious.. It is just a sneaker board... you guys could ease a BIT.. And you don't make things any better.. Always needing the step up.. Its like u can't sleep at night if you can't pretend to say something really important in some stewie from family guy kind of way.. I know.. Ur the guy from v from vendetta in terms of ur personal life. But could u answer one question for me? Do u walk around every day in life as such an anal (nh) individual? Relax with the pocket protector output man.. Have a corona.. Rub one out.. Do something.. Because it seems more and more whenever I see that little robot.. Or digimon.. Power ranger.. Whatever the hell in your avy.. I just cringe.. And prepare for the worst.. Its not that serious... ITS JUST A SNEAKERBOARD.
Oh and I had no clue u turned down photoshoots and press releases and commercials for NT. Didn't know u had to dodge paparazzi becase of NT.. Ahahaha
Runnin this place like a damn bootcamp. Go get a ps3 or a dog or somethin
AIM: WLBJOHNNY
Selling: DS Canvas AF1 Low White-University Blue Size 13
DS Halloween 06 size 14

Quote:
Do I need to end you, for the 7th time? Yes, I'm "powering tripping" again, uh, son.

you see meth...isn't this considered an attack?

I asked him politely to stop addressing me as "son" and he continued to do so. Who is acting childish now Meth? This is what most of us are complaining about.

I'm not worried about the word "son" but the context in which he's using it.

He's trying to display a hierarchy on those he addresses.

He's talking down on me in the context in which he's using it.

Hey Meth...

Forgive if I sound stupid but is there a difference between a roast (friendly clowning) and straight out flaming (utter disrespect)?

Or do they both fall under ban-able offenses?

TEAMMARVEL​
TEAMMACINTOSH

Meth: nonono tahkoh... jrose is simply using son in all the possible ways it can be used to display how insulting it isn't. He is simply vorsiforating his feeling dubiously in a pretentious manner that will most definitely prove to make you feel more comfortable on niketalk. Stop being shallow and pedantic. go masturbate somewhere else. Leave me be.
::sips earl grey tea::
::high fives Jrose::
AIM: WLBJOHNNY
Selling: DS Canvas AF1 Low White-University Blue Size 13
DS Halloween 06 size 14

Smash DiBiase- you got banned before.

You have a name now.

Why the rebellion, bro?

No, no, no... before you answer, just take a second to think about that.

You were banned before... from a message board. Not from visiting your favorite team's stadium. Not from your girl's house. From a message board.

Alright... *breath in*... think about that for a second... *breathe out*.

Banned from a message board, bro.

Not that big of a deal.

But now you have a name!! Yippee!! The message board you were banned from... you're now back on!! Yay!

*breath in*... think about that for a second... *breathe out*

No one expects you to be intimidated by a screen name. Do you know what I look like? Probably not, so I'm just...a screen name to you. I might freaking look like Vin Diesel; I might actually look like Ned Flanders. You don't know. All you know... is.. the number 23... the word ska... the number 909... the word red... and the number 02. Honestly, I'd be worried for you if those 8 characters (23ska909red02) intimidated you.

It's just a message board, not some national museum.

We're just screen names that help run the message board, not freaking cops or even rent-a-cops.

Perspective, homie.

TahKoh
Quote:
Ska..knowing proper english on the internet is not an accolade. He can bad mouth kids who dont pay rent and are spoiled, even make threads about them yet when one of us says something...it's BAN BAN BAN. He's like that one mod that tries to be cool but can't.
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
:D
happy.gif
:\
ohwell.gif
SELL ME NEON AM360/AM95 HYBRIDS
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

laugh.gif
told ya'll this was nothing but trouble, you aren't gonna win

shoulda stopped while you still had your membership :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM RAVENS
Lewis - Scott - Stills - Suggs - Reed - Landry - McAlister - Rolle - Pryce - Ngata - Johnson
McNair - McGahee - Green - Mason - Clayton - Heap - Ogden - Brown - Flynn - Vincent - Terry - Sams - Stover​

Dirty! When I have I ever not loved you? Even after you've banned me?!

We go back and forth about race...thats about it....you're arrogant but you already know that and thats why we continue to have such a great e-relationship.

LOL This is pure comedy. It always seems when these mods/admin vs regular nt'ers threads pop up a lot of people say what they feel and get banned. Just leave the mods alone. They make the rules we can't do anything about it. All fighting seems to do is get you banned.
TeamLakers
JO wants to come..Mitch make it happen.​

Back
Top Bottom