Beats by Dre Appreciation

How do you some of you all have the AUDACITY to call the rest of us elitists when its you Beats by Dre heads that stick to ONE brand...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

So mad seeing the refurbs are 99.99 for the solos.

Paid full the other day with holiday cash I had. Oh well.

I usually don't like buying refurbished electronics,

But that's a pretty good price.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

^ Headphones I would be concerned with. But I buy refurbs often enough especially Macs.

But the price they charge, I rather have the saved the 100 or get the pros. Like I said, oh well. it was Chanukah money.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by NYC game

Originally Posted by wcghost

if you're going to bag on Beats by Dre, at least provide a decent alternative.

laugh.gif
 that and I hate elitist.

I mean nobody jump on your ahss when you lemmings went out to the sneaker store and hoped on Jordan's bandwagon, leave the fans be.
That's a bad comparison, because there aren't really many better sneaker options.
the production of a Nike/Jordan sneaker is about $10-$15 maybe even less

Originally Posted by wcghost

if you're going to bag on Beats by Dre, at least provide a decent alternative.

laugh.gif
 that and I hate elitist.

I mean nobody jump on your ahss when you lemmings went out to the sneaker store and hoped on Jordan's bandwagon, leave the fans be.
That's a bad comparison, because there aren't really many better sneaker options.
Based on who's opinion ?

I got a pair of Beats Tours and all I can say is WOW I cant belive I spent all that damn cash for these. I look good but sound is just meh. Beats are for the fashion not the sound

Originally Posted by RetroSan

laugh.gif
 that and I hate elitist.

What does your reply have to do with his? My take? Absolutely nothing. 
Beats are not that bad at 150. However, there are too many concerns about build quality to ever consider them. Too risky.

they graspin at straws homey LOL

none of them even got the hint of what I was saying.

Not talking to you, homie. 
Since you want to be acknowledged, your post is not very good either. 
My dollars are votes. I'm not supporting the mass-marketed garbage that is the Beats brand. M50s have been lauded on head-fi forums; Beats have been roundly criticized. The former is just a better purchase. There's nothing else that needs to be said. I spent a lot of time researching before I bought my headphones because it was my first foray into the higher-end market (read= greater than $10) and M50s are the best bang for the buck for the ~150 range (109 when I bought them). For the ~300 that Beats usually cost, I'd rather pick up a pair of Denon AHD2000s.  

If all this is labeled "elitist," I'll wear that shirt. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Originally Posted by MECKS

word, i got mine from monster for $110 i think, studios too.
They are probably fake.... 

they're making fake headphones now!?!? smgdh
Yes there's tons of sites and dudes on the street selling fake Beats.  And honestly, only thing people can seriously complain about is the bass.  If you don't like bass, Beats aren't for you.  But otherwise, the brand is great.  Studios especially.  But by all means, jump on the Beat hating band wagon everyone.. its super original 
laugh.gif

i can't believe this thread is still going. it's not being elitist, it's being halfway intelligent. stop trying to justify your %*$%** purchase and accept the fact that you're a @%$%#!# idiot.

Ok we're idiots. You happy? Go play
In the sand box you lame. If i hear something that
Sounds better / has the bass beats have ill cop
But right now im not looking

Originally Posted by AusZero

Originally Posted by shiznut123

Sony mdr-v6, any one have these? Thoughts?
I have like ten pairs between v6's and 7506's. For $100 theses are the most accurate well built cans you can get.  Their a standard in the music industry for a reason. Throw some Beyerdynamic velour pads on them and their even more comfortable.
I have them. Got them a couple of months ago for like 60 bucks off of amazon.  For the price,I don't think there is anything better.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Beats are not that bad at 150. However, there are too many concerns about build quality to ever consider them. Too risky.
im saying that if your going criticize someones $200+ purchase for style (not you specifically) but have brought 100+ pair of sneakers for "looks" then your hypocrite   

im saying that if your going criticize someones $200+ purchase for style (not you specifically) but have brought 100+ pair of sneakers for "looks" then your hypocrite   

Buying shoes for a "look" and buying beats for "quality" are two totally different things. Quit trying to compare apples and oranges.

How do you know he has done that in the first place? And so what if he has? Like he said (!!!!!!), these are completely different situations. People in here are insinuating that Beats are a good purchase from a sheer features, performance and build perspective. If it's for looks, go ahead. I don't care. But that's not what people have said in this thread. According to your logic, every single piece of advice in the history of the world is null and void. If someone has committed a mistake, and we all definitely have, his advice doesn't matter? Good to know.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by scoopz

but Echoes of Silence is 320kbps tho
grin.gif

Vbr>Cbr.
You prolly don't know what that is, though. 
BRTky.jpg

and if you've ever spent over 100 dollars on sneakers you have no right to question anyone who owns a pair of beats
That is such a flawed argument. We wear sneakers casually as a fashion accessory. You wouldn't wear, say, retro Jordan IIIs to hoop in, would you? Performance actually matters for headphones because we use them to listen to music. If you're in it for the looks, by all means, go ahead and get some Beats, otherwise go for the many better alternatives to overpriced and overrated Beats.

The Sony XB500 is a better alternative for those who like bass, correct me if im wrong audiophiles.

My friend just bought the Detox version Beats, they don't leak sound as much. Unless it was because his heater in the background made it less noticeable.

I'm planning on getting some M50s with a Fiio E5 amp with my xmas cash
pimp.gif

if they brought Beats just because they look cool or hype hat's ok because people do that regardless of what the product is (iPhone, Jordans, Fuji Water).

Yes there are products in the market that are better (probably by a sizable margin) than Beats but people see them as an overall upgrade over whatever headphones they had before.

it is NOT that serious call someone an "idiot" for buying headphones

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Vbr>Cbr.
You prolly don't know what that is, though. 
BRTky.jpg

and if you've ever spent over 100 dollars on sneakers you have no right to question anyone who owns a pair of beats
That is such a flawed argument. We wear sneakers casually as a fashion accessory. You wouldn't wear, say, retro Jordan IIIs to hoop in, would you? Performance actually matters for headphones because we use them to listen to music. If you're in it for the looks, by all means, go ahead and get some Beats, otherwise go for the many better alternatives to overpriced and overrated Beats.

but people who wear over the ear headphones in this day in age aren't wearing them as an fashion accessory? Oh ok.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Ok we're idiots. You happy? Go play
In the sand box you lame. If i hear something that
Sounds better / has the bass beats have ill cop
But right now im not looking

do you always
post in haiku?

I got a pair with "maritz points" my company gives out for meeting sales goals. I paid $20 for some Beats Solo shipped.

I don't travel a lot and live by myself so I really have no use for headphones except the gym. These are more comfortable and sound better than the last pair of $20 headphones I was rockin with. I'd never spend more than $50 on a pair but like I said, I have different needs.

Back
Top Bottom