Best and Worst Quality retro in recent years n why?

As far as quality goes I think the CDP 11s was one of the worst. I mean I copped the pack because I needed a pair of black/red 11s but the quality was terrible. The mesh on the upper was poor and the shape of the shoe was really weird. The tongue easily creased whenever I wear them.

The shoe with the best quality in my opinion has to be the Grape 5s from '06. Despite the Grapes being one of my favorite colorways, the leather on that particular shoe is just overpowering. And for the sneaker to be predominantley white leather with hints of purple and teal accents, I think it says a lot about that shoe being a lot of people's favorites with such a near-basic colorway.

As far as quality goes I think the CDP 11s was one of the worst. I mean I copped the pack because I needed a pair of black/red 11s but the quality was terrible. The mesh on the upper was poor and the shape of the shoe was really weird. The tongue easily creased whenever I wear them.

The shoe with the best quality in my opinion has to be the Grape 5s from '06. Despite the Grapes being one of my favorite colorways, the leather on that particular shoe is just overpowering. And for the sneaker to be predominantley white leather with hints of purple and teal accents, I think it says a lot about that shoe being a lot of people's favorites with such a near-basic colorway.

I was very disappointed with the cdp 11's. With so much hype around that particular package I felt that JB dropped the ball. The acne problem that the 11's have had, including the sj's makes me very hesitant to get the cool greys.
I miss the" good days".

I was very disappointed with the cdp 11's. With so much hype around that particular package I felt that JB dropped the ball. The acne problem that the 11's have had, including the sj's makes me very hesitant to get the cool greys.
I miss the" good days".

CDP 12s for me. Good cushioning and leather was pristine.  My pair held up well.
Worst has to be the Military IVs 4 years ago...SMH

CDP 12s for me. Good cushioning and leather was pristine.  My pair held up well.
Worst has to be the Military IVs 4 years ago...SMH

The recent 4's, including Mars, Military, and CDP were cheap and uncomfortable.
The new 6's, were actually good quality. 

All the 9's were decent when I held them, so were the White/Red 12's. 

The recent 4's, including Mars, Military, and CDP were cheap and uncomfortable.
The new 6's, were actually good quality. 

All the 9's were decent when I held them, so were the White/Red 12's. 

Best Quality - CDP VII/XVI Pack. One of the most slept on packs...
Worst - Mars IV. Hands down one of the most uncomfortable retro's in recent history.

Best Quality - CDP VII/XVI Pack. One of the most slept on packs...
Worst - Mars IV. Hands down one of the most uncomfortable retro's in recent history.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

The MS VI's is the best quality retro in a long time IMO.
This. 
That leather and paint quality were both absolutely superb.

As for the worst... It's too hard to pick. Most of the new retroes of OG colorways were absolutely horrifying, each in their unique way.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

The MS VI's is the best quality retro in a long time IMO.
This. 
That leather and paint quality were both absolutely superb.

As for the worst... It's too hard to pick. Most of the new retroes of OG colorways were absolutely horrifying, each in their unique way.

I have to agree on the military IVs. I mean I know you guys have seen this too but what's up with the yellowed pairs? You ever see those ones where the grey actually yellowed off the shoe or one shoe is yellowed and one isn't, what's up with that?

My CDP XI held up just fine, but the 23 fade on the back is bull....

XIIs always seem to be tanks, so Ill go with that, I wont speak on shoes quality off another man's opinion.

I have to agree on the military IVs. I mean I know you guys have seen this too but what's up with the yellowed pairs? You ever see those ones where the grey actually yellowed off the shoe or one shoe is yellowed and one isn't, what's up with that?

My CDP XI held up just fine, but the 23 fade on the back is bull....

XIIs always seem to be tanks, so Ill go with that, I wont speak on shoes quality off another man's opinion.

all the vi's have been great: cdps, ms and db and the retros all feel great.

although nonsig, the white/cement spiz'ikes are the worst quality shoe i own. the leather is hard rubber and the inner booty is flimsy like tissue.

although nonsig, the white/cement spiz'ikes are the worst quality shoe i own. the leather is hard rubber and the inner booty is flimsy like tissue.

From personal experience, I say Grape Vs (Or any recent Vs) and the 09 Space Jams are among the worst in quality.

From personal experience, I say Grape Vs (Or any recent Vs) and the 09 Space Jams are among the worst in quality.

Originally Posted by eltouha

The only non-retro Jordan I bought, and the last. Somehow scratched the leather by walking down the street. Sent them back to nike.

Originally Posted by eltouha

The only non-retro Jordan I bought, and the last. Somehow scratched the leather by walking down the street. Sent them back to nike.

Spacejams, Cdp xi's were by far the biggest dissapointment. Jordan Brand did not get this shoe right at all. I dont even wear my 09 spacejams any more because I absolutely HATE the shape! If any shoe needs to redone to original specs it is this shoe without a doubt! It's sad to say that the cool greys are going to be just as big as a dissapointment as far as the shape is concerned. I really hope by some miracle that Jordan re-designs the mold for the XI's because if they don't then I'm sad to say that they've pretty much killed a great shoe for me! Unless you've had the 2000-2001 retros or the OG's you wont know what I'm talking about and the show probably holds no weight for you anyways, but for sneakerheads and basketball fans alike who grew up in the era that this shoe was made this shoe is more than a shoe to us.... we've held it on our hands for countless hours and just stared at the design appreciating the work that went into this shoe on and off the court. The so called subtle differences between this shoe compared to the OG's and 00-01 retros is what COMPLETELY ruins the XI for me these past couple of years. I mean usually I'll just suck it up and deal with any little differences that the new retros have like a newly colored insole, no 3m, jordan instead of NA etc etc..., but with this shoe you guys (JORDAN BRAND) were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the mark!!!!! If any shoe needs to be re-done and redone right it is without a doubt the Jordan XI.

The best quality I've seen was in the most recent XIII Flint release, Jordan XII retros and thats pretty much it.

Spacejams, Cdp xi's were by far the biggest dissapointment. Jordan Brand did not get this shoe right at all. I dont even wear my 09 spacejams any more because I absolutely HATE the shape! If any shoe needs to redone to original specs it is this shoe without a doubt! It's sad to say that the cool greys are going to be just as big as a dissapointment as far as the shape is concerned. I really hope by some miracle that Jordan re-designs the mold for the XI's because if they don't then I'm sad to say that they've pretty much killed a great shoe for me! Unless you've had the 2000-2001 retros or the OG's you wont know what I'm talking about and the show probably holds no weight for you anyways, but for sneakerheads and basketball fans alike who grew up in the era that this shoe was made this shoe is more than a shoe to us.... we've held it on our hands for countless hours and just stared at the design appreciating the work that went into this shoe on and off the court. The so called subtle differences between this shoe compared to the OG's and 00-01 retros is what COMPLETELY ruins the XI for me these past couple of years. I mean usually I'll just suck it up and deal with any little differences that the new retros have like a newly colored insole, no 3m, jordan instead of NA etc etc..., but with this shoe you guys (JORDAN BRAND) were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the mark!!!!! If any shoe needs to be re-done and redone right it is without a doubt the Jordan XI.

The best quality I've seen was in the most recent XIII Flint release, Jordan XII retros and thats pretty much it.

Back
Top Bottom