Best Borough to Live in NYC

I spent some years in the Bronx. I honestly wouldn't want to move back. Prefer BK by a good amount.

staten island is really your best bet, if you driving its even easier. you will get the most bang for your buck here.

Queens, it's the best borough. You can find a one bedroom in a very convenient and safe neighborhood for 1500.

:lol: as dope as NYC is, I would hate to be relocated there. Parking situation sounds like a nightmare.

Lol last thing u want to be doing is a long *** train ride from BX to BK everyday.

My job is relocating me to NYC in August. I look forward to moving to NYC but don't look forward to spending an arm and a leg for rent. Where can I find affordable rent in NYC or the NYC retro area? My budget is $1000-$1650 a month for rent.. I could spend more but I prefer not to go over $1600 a month. I also want something where I can park a car without having to worry about looking for parking or having to constantly move my car. Any suggestions from my NY nters?

Come to you yonkers...

You should find something good with that budget and parking isn't an issue here, well in most places....parking is a **** in pretty much every borough

I'd say either Queens or Jersey City is your best bet, especially if it's imperative you have your car. Street parking is a lot easier out in JC than it is the boroughs. Also, catching the Path into WTC then out to Park Slope isn't a bad commute at all.

Don't even consider SI and that commute from the Bronx or the Heights is gonna be long as hell. Ain't nothing poppin' out in BX anyways.

Im getting stressed just reading this post :rofl:
As much as I get the itch to live in New York again F that.

What part of Brooklyn you working in? I'd just try to find a spot close to it.

Don't play yourself by considering jersey
Park Slope.
if you're working in park slope then look into sunset park, bensonhurst, bay ridge for more affordable places. if you want to live somewhere closer and easier access to the city look into clinton hill or fort green. regardless of where you look you'll probably be dropping at least 1600 on a one bedroom

Last edited:
$1600 for the Zillow link you posted?

SMH

They pay yall more in NYC or something? whats the median salary in NYC?

I love living in BedStuy. Nothing like it. Only complaint Rent is just crazy out here now. Really trying to force the lower income outta here. Definitely need 2 incomes if you want a decent spot out here.

I'd say either Queens or Jersey City is your best bet, especially if it's imperative you have your car. Street parking is a lot easier out in JC than it is the boroughs. Also, catching the Path into WTC then out to Park Slope isn't a bad commute at all.

Don't even consider SI and that commute from the Bronx or the Heights is gonna be long as hell. Ain't nothing poppin' out in BX anyways.

Parking in JC sucks too

Back
Top Bottom