best scam letter I've seen in my life. 419 just got real

So some dude in the UK (Probably a British Nigerian based off my stereotype knowledge, sorry) sent my dad a postmarked letter talking about how his family member died and that the bank of ING needed to send off his money to my dad.

I was
roll.gif
at how much bull @#%% it was, but man, these scammers know my dad's First Name, M.I., Last name, and address. In addition, the scammer's name actually comes from a real employee of ING UK, gave the correct office address, and forged a signature in hand. However, the letter had no letter head, which is ridiculously easy to do, and gave an email which did not match up to the company email.
laugh.gif

Scammer used my dad's last name to create a fake identity in order to promote the idea that someone in his family actually died recently. My dad knows about everyone in the family tree up till the early 1900's.

Just thought, these dudes are getting crafty with scam attempts, and I bet at ton of senile people would take this bait. Anyone get these before?

Edit: will scan in a bit
Nvm, dad shredded it.

So some dude in the UK (Probably a British Nigerian based off my stereotype knowledge, sorry) sent my dad a postmarked letter talking about how his family member died and that the bank of ING needed to send off his money to my dad.

I was
roll.gif
at how much bull @#%% it was, but man, these scammers know my dad's First Name, M.I., Last name, and address. In addition, the scammer's name actually comes from a real employee of ING UK, gave the correct office address, and forged a signature in hand. However, the letter had no letter head, which is ridiculously easy to do, and gave an email which did not match up to the company email.
laugh.gif

Scammer used my dad's last name to create a fake identity in order to promote the idea that someone in his family actually died recently. My dad knows about everyone in the family tree up till the early 1900's.

Just thought, these dudes are getting crafty with scam attempts, and I bet at ton of senile people would take this bait. Anyone get these before?

Edit: will scan in a bit
Nvm, dad shredded it.

Back
Top Bottom