Best Slim Cut Dress Shirt?

Originally Posted by Jehul

OP another option is to take shirts that you currently own to a tailor and ask for them to take them in a couple of inches. Will cost you around $12-14 a shirt. Experiment with one shirt first to see if they do a good job. 

This.

Find any dress shirt that fits shoulders and arm length. I usually pick up some nice shirts from the outlet. Most tailors can bring in torso for $12-16. It's not hard for them to do. Cheaper than custom IMO

The best dress shirts I have are the slim-fit Nordstrom Burgundy label Smartcare ones and I had the tailor take the body in as well as adjust the sleeves.

J.crew is a good start. I wouldnt suggest buying shirts for retail, but i believe they do have "slim fitting" shirts if you'd like to look into those. Its best to just wait for the sales that go 30%-40% and buy a dress shirt that you can at least button the top button. At best, you may be able to find a dress shirt marked down to $20. Then i would suggest taking it to a tailor to get the width taken in, it should run you about $15. All in all, $35 dollars or for a nice fitting shirt.

Nordstrom Trim Fit

Brooks Brothers Extra slim fit isnt as slim as Norstrom Trim Fit

Get it tailored if that's not trim enough

/Thread

I recently bought an H&M shirt, $14.99...this shirt is the most fitted shirt in my closet. Fits perfect. ive spent in excess of $70 in search of a shirt that fits this well.

i got measured at Jos a Bank yesterday since it is in the bottom floor of our office building. Size is 16 neck and 35 for my arm length.

i also prefer the no pockets, they look dumb to me with a tie.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Banana Republic
My choice as well.
BTW does anyone know what shirts Ari Gold wore in Entourage, those were very nice and fit well....?

Back
Top Bottom