Best Student Credit Card

Hey Im a 20 yr old college student looking to build credit by getting a credit card. I  currently have a good paying job so I figure it would be a good time to apply for one. Anyone know of any banks that offers good rates for student credit cards?

THIS...... and i also want to get like 100$ dollars giftcard upon signing up for one...

The one that my credit union is offering has an APR of 10.15% after six months on purchases. Is this good or are there better rates out there?

College Students & Credit Cards

"Over 80% of graduating college seniors have credit card debt before they even have a job!"

"Vince signed up for multiple cards during his sophomore year at college to get the free campus t-shirt. He wasn't going to use the cards unless there was an emergency, but there was an "emergency" every week, and soon he was $15,000 in debt."

"Vince was one scared 21-year-old with $42,000 in debt but making only $15,000 per year. What's scary is that Vince is "normal." The American Bankruptcy Institute reveals that 19% of the people who filed for bankruptcy last year were college students."

get one for like $500 bucks, use it and pay it off at the end of every month. work your way up slowly.

Edit: but if you have to have one, ^what he said
pretty sure that the thread title is a contradiction

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

american express centurion card

roll.gif

Get the AMEX ZYNC. 

Originally Posted by bjm5295

get one for like $500 bucks, use it and pay it off at the end of every month. work your way up slowly.
This. I only got approved from Discover Card and Capital One, decided to go with Capital One since it was a Visa card. After paying each statement off completely for six months of have a $500 limit, they uped it to $750, right before the holidays. 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom