best wireless router , wireless b/g

Don't know about best because everyone has different reviews. I always stick with Linksys though. Never had problems with it.

Don't know about best because everyone has different reviews. I always stick with Linksys though. Never had problems with it.

Originally Posted by aFamous

Why not get one for the future and get a Wireless b/g/n router?

Its for a medical office , putting HP all in one PCs in office , called cable company to wire exam rooms , wiring gonna be difficult so prob gonna put 2 wireless routers connected to verizon business dsl  bounded to firewall.

Its for a medical office , putting HP all in one PCs in office , called cable company to wire exam rooms , wiring gonna be difficult so prob gonna put 2 wireless routers connected to verizon business dsl  bounded to firewall.

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Your gonna complicate things for yourself, Get the router that Stopit5 told you to get. (I recommended it my self, cisco sucks imo)

The router has 2 bands. One 2.4ghz and the other 5ghz, you have basically 2 routers in one. You can have you 802.11 b/g devices on the 2.4ghz range and have 802.11 N devices on your 5ghz range. This will allow you to have 2 Wireless networks not interfering with each other and slowing down your connection. If you know your IP stuff you'll have a really good, reliable connection if you set it up properly. Make sure you use WPA/PSK2 for the highest encryption and extra long password like 14 characters or more.

Running cables is
sick.gif

If your spending $$$ money for Verizon business dsl, I wouldn't use cheap routers 802.11 b/g routers, you'll throwing money away for fast internet but with cheap hardware to boot.

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Your gonna complicate things for yourself, Get the router that Stopit5 told you to get. (I recommended it my self, cisco sucks imo)

The router has 2 bands. One 2.4ghz and the other 5ghz, you have basically 2 routers in one. You can have you 802.11 b/g devices on the 2.4ghz range and have 802.11 N devices on your 5ghz range. This will allow you to have 2 Wireless networks not interfering with each other and slowing down your connection. If you know your IP stuff you'll have a really good, reliable connection if you set it up properly. Make sure you use WPA/PSK2 for the highest encryption and extra long password like 14 characters or more.

Running cables is
sick.gif

If your spending $$$ money for Verizon business dsl, I wouldn't use cheap routers 802.11 b/g routers, you'll throwing money away for fast internet but with cheap hardware to boot.

You're confused Alchemist IQ. These advertised wireless-N speeds are for transferring data between computers on the same network. Verizon business DSL only goes up to 7.1 Mbps, so tell me how a 300-450 Mbps router is going to help you get faster internet. There's nothing wrong with b/g routers when it comes to internet speeds. Plus the range on the 5 Ghz network is much smaller than 2.4 Ghz.

Spend the money on a dual band router if you're going to be sending multi-gibabyte sized files between those computers, otherwise you don't really need it.

Spend $100, get the two linksys routers, and you can set them up to broadcast the same network without any interference or loss of speed. I have 3 setup this way in my house.

You're confused Alchemist IQ. These advertised wireless-N speeds are for transferring data between computers on the same network. Verizon business DSL only goes up to 7.1 Mbps, so tell me how a 300-450 Mbps router is going to help you get faster internet. There's nothing wrong with b/g routers when it comes to internet speeds. Plus the range on the 5 Ghz network is much smaller than 2.4 Ghz.

Spend the money on a dual band router if you're going to be sending multi-gibabyte sized files between those computers, otherwise you don't really need it.

Spend $100, get the two linksys routers, and you can set them up to broadcast the same network without any interference or loss of speed. I have 3 setup this way in my house.

Back
Top Bottom