Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Just noticed that in epiaode one, when the kettlemans called Saul, Saul faked his voice to pretend to be a secretary. If he can do that why did he need to make a paper towel dispenser to talk through the phone? Why not use that fake voice again to disguise himself

If he used that fake secretary voice, the kettlemans would know it was Saul or at least his fake secretary's voice and would trace back to him.
Plus, how else would they reference the 'sex robot voice?'

:lol:

Last edited:
I thought he was making some kind of home made fleshlight when he started unrolling the paper towel roll at first. :lol:

Last edited:
Kind of sad how we see jimmy trying to redeem himself and always try to do the right thing after being released from jail only to see him succumb to crime and turning into Saul goodman. He probably let chuck down too.

Also wonder what happens to nacho since we never see him in breaking bad. Maybe tuco kills him?

I thought he was making some kind of home made fleshlight when he started unrolling the paper towel roll at first. :lol:

h02ScTI.gif

c7aXS3E.gif

Last edited:
So Mike says something that sticks out. He say's no one likes being away from home. Did he have to run from Philly? A cops retirement should yield him more than having to work at a parking toll station. I dont think BB went too far into that back story. Maybe we will see that here.

I found the episode slightly predictable but the ending was good. I thought he would maybe get emotional and let the family do its own thing. So the surprise tent opening was great. Now we will see if he gets a cut and lets them run, or saves his own back and helps Nacho out.. Seemingly predictable but they made the best out of it.

As far as geography, the house was up in the mountains. High desert type terrain. They end up in the river area (physically impossible if you know ABQ without going through other streets and half the city). But I guess the general audience doesn't know that... How is everything else looking time wise? I see lots of product placements. Dixie cups, goldfish. Firestone in background of payphone scene. Box companies. A show usually leaves most of that small stuff out for sure. Here, its all over

No one likes being away from home..........Show started with Saul in Nebraska, at a Cinnabon............No one likes bein away from home..........

:nerd:

------------------
History
Background

For ten years, Mike was employed at the Philadelphia Police Department as a beat cop, frequently having to deal with situations such as break-ins to houses and domestic disputes. At some point, he gave up his career in authority (in what was described as a dramatic exit) and instead began a PI business, as well as hiring himself out as a hitman/henchman.
-------------------

I'm guessing we'll see a solid flashback. Nobody just ends up in NM by choice with a crappy job. Maybe he was on the run too.

Caught up on this show and after initially feeling iffy about it after the first episode, its grown on me over the as 2 episodes with the reintroduction of Tuco and introduction of Nacho. I instantly tripped for a second when I realized he's the same guy that played Vaas in Far Cry 3 :wow: :smokin.

Good to see the beginnings of Saul,his present reality is depressing as hell :lol:

Last edited:
------------------
History
Background

For ten years, Mike was employed at the Philadelphia Police Department as a beat cop, frequently having to deal with situations such as break-ins to houses and domestic disputes. At some point, he gave up his career in authority (in what was described as a dramatic exit) and instead began a PI business, as well as hiring himself out as a hitman/henchman.
-------------------

I'm guessing we'll see a solid flashback. Nobody just ends up in NM by choice with a crappy job. Maybe he was on the run too.

Doesn't his granddaughter live in Abq? He could of moved there to be closer to her, tried to get work as a pi but with his age no one would hire him. He kind of had that look like these young clueless smucks don't know what they are doing.

its tough to watch Jimmy struggle as a lawyer and a person, I guess that's what happens when you get attached to a character.

Someone in here said the opening scene was after Breaking Bad, is that correct?

I assumed it was before since his brother wasn't crazy yet

------------------
History
Background

-------------------

Doesn't his granddaughter live in Abq? He could of moved there to be closer to her, tried to get work as a pi but with his age no one would hire him. He kind of had that look like these young clueless smucks don't know what they are doing.

its tough to watch Jimmy struggle as a lawyer and a person, I guess that's what happens when you get attached to a character.

Yep he was real close with Kaylee in BB.

I always kinda assumed him not being a cop anymore had something to do with the "half measures" talk he gave Walt

Yep he was real close with Kaylee in BB.

I always kinda assumed him not being a cop anymore had something to do with the "half measures" talk he gave Walt
But this is six years before Breaking Bad. Wouldn't Kaylee be around two or three? Never thought about this before, but that sounds like the best reason anyone has said so far.

Someone in here said the opening scene was after Breaking Bad, is that correct?

I assumed it was before since his brother wasn't crazy yet
The only opening scene that was after BB was in the 1st ep, all black and white with homey working at a Cinnabon and then going home looking depressed.

I like how they brought Michael Mando on. Dude was great in Far Cry 3 and Orphan Black (dude took so many Ls in that show :lol:)

I honestly did not have high expectations for this show when it was announced but so far this is looking like its going to be great. Loving it right now :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom