Better Catalog: A Tribe Called Quest or Outkast

Originally Posted by buggz05

Outkast only because catalog is the keyword, and outkast got the longevity on lock. They've been doin it steady, so they get the nod.

Not to take anything away from the tribe, but thats how that answer goes.

If catalog is the keyword than I'll put De La Soul over Outkast. Can't front De La being doing since 1989, i never heard i wack album by them,easily top 3

I Love Tribe but Kast is a def pick. IMO, Tribe aren't as lyrical as Kast. Not to say their music wasn't monumental, but its pretty hard for any groupto touch Kast.

check the avy
pimp.gif

Tough call. You can't deny ATCQ. You can't deny Outkast. Regardless of whether or not you're a fan of either group, their influence, originalityand impact on music in general is/was HUGE.

As much as I love Tribe, I gotta roll with Outkast. For me it has everything to do with the era/timeframe I was coming up in. Tribe has always been listenedto, but I was a bit younger when they first dropped. I always dug the music, but I couldn't always relate. When Outkast came out, I was more near their agebracket and a bit older and more able to digest and relate to their material. And the majority of Kast's albums dropped during an unforgettable period ofmy life--college. During those years, I grew up with Outkast as the soundtrack to my life, as corny as that sounds. I can think back and clearly remember thefirst time I heard every album, and how floored I was at the balls of these dudes to continually push the envelope on creativity and what hip-hop was. I couldeasily say the same about ATCQ, as they laid the foundation for groups like Outkast. That said though, Andre Ben and Sir Lucious will always be my favorites.

i'm ridin w/ tribe for this one. I could skip through more tracks on a outkast album than on a tribe.

Outkast easily, ATCQ comes with it heavy but I can listen to Kast for a straight year and not get tired of it.

OutKast---just off the fact that they really leapfrogged Southern hip-hop into the mainstream (as terms of popular music). No disrespect to Scarface & theGeto Boys.

Tribe are pioneers though. Lets not forget about that.

ATCQ
When im stress out love listening to all their classics esp. "We got the Jazz"
And if we were talking about who the best MC from ATCQ I will go 1st Phife dog, 2nd Q-tip

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Southernplayer is 4 mics
indifferent.gif

"I gotta hit The Source, I need my other half a mic, because that Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik was a classic".

pimp.gif

i do agree with some source rating, that happen 2 be one a don't agree with. 4 mics is a decent rating for that album, i don't play sheep to albumrating

Back
Top Bottom