Big Baller Brand Thread- Lonzo Ball's first sneaker the ZO2! UNDEFEATED NEVA LOSST!!

Without turning this into a hiphop thread i will end this sidebar with this post, after listening to all his mixtapes before his album dropped I had high hopes, when the documentary dropped I wqs extremely disappointed. It was good but not at all " him" it was who they wanted him to be. Him leaving Gunit was the best move he made and has made great music ever since. He rides the beat second to none and he can go bar for bar with anybody considered to be a lyricist.

I think doctor advocate was 10x better than documentary. Love him on a dre beat but it did noy make him and to say it was a horrbile decision as if to imply he wqsny good without dre, well that sounds like you are a fair weather hiphop fan and only think ita good if its on the radio
I don't know why I even tried to argue w/ someone who actually thought it was a good idea to purchase ZO2s 
laugh.gif

I don't know why I even tried to argue w/ someone who actually thought it was a good idea to purchase ZO2s :lol:

Hahaha... I guess everyone's Top 5 varies. Used to be in the "urban" music industry back in the days so I'm sure my Top 5 is a bit outdated and different from the younger demographic. I just know I won't be rocking some BBBs to events around town [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

I just think that Game did a lot better music with Dre than anything he did without him. Otherwise there are plenty of artists I love who never had anything to do with Dre. I don't listen to much music that's on the radio tho regardless.

I just think that Game did a lot better music with Dre than anything he did without him. Otherwise there are plenty of artists I love who never had anything to do with Dre. I don't listen to much music that's on the radio tho regardless.
But NYC cats will say g-unit game was the best [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I don't blame you for that. Outside of work and business, I really stopped ******* with any music after 1996. I do however respect a lot of the new wave of kids that are putting out quality music with meaningful content tho [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Either way, Lonzo has to perform on the court and be one hell of a spokesperson off the court for this brand to gain traction. Because his dad is gonna screw it up for him if he doesn't quit talking. I'm actually pulling for the kids success.

Multiple celebrities have ordered the shoe and most of them ordered more than one pair ( Game has ordered 10) , many youtubers have ordered pairs and some regular ppl ( including myself) have ordered a pair

The Game might have something on top of his head.
Get publicity that leads to shoe endorsement in the future? Possible.

The Game isn't bad. Not really top 5 but, "How we do" "Hate it or love it" "Gangbang 101" "Westside story" are some I used to listen.

Either way, Lonzo has to perform on the court and be one hell of a spokesperson off the court for this brand to gain traction. Because his dad is gonna screw it up for him if he doesn't quit talking. I'm actually pulling for the kids success.

I doubt how well will he do in NBA. He better do better than LeBron James.

But even if he does well, his shoes might not sell like they expected. P

Why Jordans are selling like hot cakes, not Reebok I3 retro or adidas T-Mac retro?

Lavar is obnoxious as hell.

But this is a smart business move if Lonzo balls out.

People are willing to buy anything. Curry's shoes have been mostly trash, but since Curry is ballin, they sell.

To have your OWN BRAND that you OWN and CONTROL is more valuable than a Nike contract. Could you imagine if LeBron or Kobe started their own line? Nike's made billions off them two and they've only received a fraction of that. Sure, it's a BIG number, but Nike has made way more than LeBron of Kobe have off their own shoes.

It'll just be interesting to see if he can produce these at scale as demand increases.

Last edited:
The family should have all had pairs of themselves by now to really market the shoe and wear it everywhere they go. They should be having Melo wearing it in all his games and Lonzo wearing it in his workouts and Lavar wearing it every time he makes an appearance. Not a good look if they keep having these kids go out wearing Nikes if you're trying to sell your cheap *** shoe for $500.

I'll be interested to see what happens when all the popular online reviewer people get their shipment of the shoe in and trash the hell out of it for probably feeling like a shoe from Walmart.

The family should have all had pairs of themselves by now to really market the shoe and wear it everywhere they go. They should be having Melo wearing it in all his games and Lonzo wearing it in his workouts and Lavar wearing it every time he makes an appearance. Not a good look if they keep having these kids go out wearing Nikes if you're trying to sell your cheap *** shoe for $500.

I'll be interested to see what happens when all the popular online reviewer people get their shipment of the shoe in and trash the hell out of it for probably feeling like a shoe from Walmart.
it's definitely not worth 500 but performance wise it might be decent tho it does look like a rip off of the kobes with adidas boost

That's a good point. They should be repping these everywhere.

The good thing about the $500 price point for them is it allows them to scale down. They can offer a $200 model and they'll have people thinking it's actually reasonable because the OG away 2.5x that.

If they start low (i.e.

Last edited:
the boost midsole is likely there just for looks, Skechers has these boost look a like midsoles too and those are terrible

chances are Adidas has the rights for the actual rubber compound of boost so no other companies could copy how it performs

not saying the shoe is going to be terrible but it looks like they are banking on fooling people that the shoe has Adidas boost when it's likely just there for aesthetics

Nah but I don't need to buy a pair of And 1's from Walmart to know that they'd suck balls to play in.
the boost midsole is likely there just for looks, Skechers has these boost look a like midsoles too and those are terrible

chances are Adidas has the rights for the actual rubber compound of boost so no other companies could copy how it performs

not saying the shoe is going to be terrible but it looks like they are banking on fooling people that the shoe has Adidas boost when it's likely just there for aesthetics
well i do know the adidas boost is a knock off, so is the kobe look, but it would still be nice to be able to hoop in them to know how it performs without making assumptions :smile:

for sure and I completely understand when asked why the brothers haven't been wearing the shoes and Lavar said they were tweaking things that Lonzo didn't like

now it's up to you to believe it or not and that kind of suggest they have one pair of samples that they used for the vid and their webstore

if true then it is really weird that they literally had one pair and had to send them back to the factory to make adjustments, they probably didn't want to spend extra money to make more than one pair for samples

The promo video and product page didn't highlight any performance tech so at this point it's OK to assume these won't have anything substantial in it...

Now it's possible they are still developing the shoe and the tech specs will be finalized later. I have a feeling not though.

They def don't have actual boost. It's pretty clear from pics that it's basically the same as the sketchers that just had the regular midsole foam molded to look like boost.

Nah but I don't need to buy a pair of And 1's from Walmart to know that they'd suck balls to play in.

One of the best hoop shoes were made by And 1 and there are other respected sneaker reviewers that would agree with that. It is evident with every post you make it shows just how little you actually know. Which raises the question why you even bother posting on this topic, but with that said it is an open forum so post away.

Which I can agree that these shoes will not perform to their $500 price point that doesn't mean they won't perform to that of a well liked and respected shoe from one of the other brands that are in the $120-180 range. Having a problem with the price is one thing but the nonesense you post is naive ( to put it nicely)

For 500 dollars my *** better get drafted to the NBA, too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom