Big Baller Brand Thread- Lonzo Ball's first sneaker the ZO2! UNDEFEATED NEVA LOSST!!

I understand what he is saying with "freedom" but again if it's on his brand and has a player signed, he wouldn't be preaching that freedom.

It's only right that if you sign with Nike, Adidas, UA, etc... that you wear that shoe on court and nothing else. And I do think NBA players can wear whatever they want off the court, it's just that other players are loyal and stick to the brands even off the court.

As for semantics, it is semantics, it means in some "logical" form and you knew exactly what I was saying but you chose to find something wrong with what I wrote to defend BBB completely ignoring logic. Lets not play now, you knew exactly what I meant but since it is BBB getting grilled you went into defense mode right away lol

And stop acting like you're the only one who knows business, everything you've said or tried to explain is general knowledge but it is knowledge that Lavar doesn't seem to understand himself or adhere to. Again, if he owned Nike, he wouldn't be preaching freedom at all.

The second part of your post tells me you don't understand as much as you think you do...

Lol@players can wear what they want off court but choose to be loyal hahaha, NO they can't because they are UNDER CONTRACT to only wear the brand that pays them( of course that means they can wear Gucci since it is not a sportswear brand)

ummm, not really, here's Wade wearing AJIVs a year after he left JB for LiNing

d6KzBSO.jpg

here's KG wearing AJXI while contracter by Anta

OLz5jwg.jpg

AI w/ a lifetime deal with Reebok in AJs (admittedly, I amnot sure if lifetime means just his career or just his whole life)

Xagj47w.jpg

it's hard to search for it now (not sure what terms to use) but I am sure there are more who wore other brands that they are not signed to and mostly from those who doesn't really have a sig shoes, just signed to a brand (mostly from lurking in the celebrities wearing heat thread for years)

but for someone who seem to pretend to know contracts, you don't seem to understand that not all contracts are created equal/written the same, like in case of Harden, once he signed the $200m contract he had to stop wearing Jordans after Oct 1 of that year

And I do think NBA players can wear whatever they want off the court, it's just that other players are loyal and stick to the brands even off the court.

yes and no.

if no one's gonna see you (aka, you're wearing adidas flip flops while endorsed by nike to take a shower in your own home) then yes that's fine. however, if you plan to go out in public while under contract in some yeezy's, you'll get in trouble because someone will take notice and notify nike.

I think it all depends on how the contract is written.
Like wade and kg probably can wear other stuff for whatever circumstances are permitted.
I remember reading that the Harden contract said he could ONLY be seen in adidas

Yah I think any big superstars has that on their contract but the regular NBA players like Asik or Humphries probably won't be reprimanded if they wore NMDs in the off-season.

Then there's also some loyal players who likely won't need a contract to wear just the brand and still stick to it like Butler who took less money to be with JB.

Harden signing to $200m, Adidas definitely cannot wear anything from the competition until it expires. Curry likely has that in his contract too but he'd probably wear UA even if he doesn't just to spite Nike lol

pretty damn sad when you are OWNED by the label. You make millions, but can't even wear whatever shoe or clothes you want. smh. to some people its cool, sure you're getting paid.....but in reality, you're getting pimped. No go jump of one leg and bark like a dog BOY.

i dont think bbb are in the position nor should they sign a player exclusively to bbb

it would put them out of business

like for example a brand like fila has no nba endorsed players because signing a player to an exclusive million dollar contract would cost them more than benefit them

Lavar using reverse psychology with the term "forced to wear" as if players are forced to endorse brands that PAY them. Companies are giving athletes millions a year, guaranteed salary, PLUS royalties (if signature line) on deals that take years to break even and even longer to net profit. Players ALWAYS have the upper hand on shoe deals. Their salary is locked even if fashion trends change and sales dip. Matt Powell said it best when he told us the majority of endorsement contracts become bad deals for brands. There's more math involved than the basic "lebron makes 30mil/yr from Nike but they sell $100 million of product" argument.

Last edited:
If it's anything like real life business negotiations, sports brand pay a premium to have them just wear their brand, some players are worth it while others are not. My assumption is that the way Social Media is today, brands will be inclined to pay that premium to stick to their brand, maybe at least the players with a strong social presence as opposed to skill on its own.

Also, the trend I see with KG and Wade is that they are both Chinese companies, I am not sure about US, but they definitely don't sell here in Canada.

pretty damn sad when you are OWNED by the label. You make millions, but can't even wear whatever shoe or clothes you want. smh. to some people its cool, sure you're getting paid.....but in reality, you're getting pimped. No go jump of one leg and bark like a dog BOY.
lol there's an easy way to avoid this. Don't sign the million dollar endorsement deal.

Seriously. Lol It's all a choice. No need to petty athletes who are getting paid millions to wear a brand.

I'm sure you will happily take it if you get that much money.

if you had to commit to one brand (for $50 mil/5 years), what brand would it be?

JB or Nike because then you can wear both, doesn't matter whichever branch you sign with.

JB or Nike because then you can wear both, doesn't matter whichever branch you sign with.

Is converse still owned by Nike? If so, you can possibly wear that too. Hurley as well.

Although quality wise, I'd put Nike at the bottom of that list with clothes especially. But if it's free then it doesn't really matter...

Yup, Converse and Hurleys still under Nike, free wet suits for the summer.

I've been pretty happy with Nikes quality clothing-wise, it's pretty much all I wear along with UA and they're about on par.

I got to say though that quality onf some items that makes it to the lower end departments stores like JC Penney and Sears seems lower quality, like the takedowns of takedowns of shoes they send to those stores.

Got a few Adidas items and I'd say they are a notch below and fit is lacking.

I cant believe this clown called it big baller brand, sounds like some **** sold on the street on 116th. Lets say he was really about starting his own ****, if he wasnt ******ed he would have come up with a real name. This straight to the corner store.

Back
Top Bottom