[:: BIG SEAN Thread | 'I DECIDED' Album 2/3/17 | Cover Pg.13 ::]

Someone needs to put the beat from that vid in the Wasted Beats thread. Dude is too trash. I'm shocked that people actually check for him.

Someone needs to put the beat from that vid in the Wasted Beats thread. Dude is too trash. I'm shocked that people actually check for him.

You're shocked because you haven't listened to Sean's entire catalog.

He's corny to some, but whitty to others. Its entertaining. His punch-lines are very relatable and understandable.
Some people want some heavy, deep **** that rappers like Talib Kweli and Kendrick do...
Others want punch-lines and bars that are more current, modern, and hip... which Sean provides.

One example would be Sean's continuous use of sports metaphors in his bars. It's entertaining for those of us who listen to rap and watch a lot of sports.
He also is able to use words in multiple ways that most people wouldn't think of, hence the whit.

Not everything has to be so deep...its entertainment. He entertains some fans like us, and other rappers entertain fans like you.

Don't understand the need to question why people like the rappers that they do. They just do, get on with your life.

I actually liked FF3, but dude's bars and delivery have gotten cornier and cornier ever since. I'll check out some of this mixtape tho.

Not as big of a fan of Sean as I used to be, in fact he kinda annoys me at times but I'll still check this out.

]

Sep 27 2012 4:40 PM EDT 1,317
Big Sean's New Album Title Will Join Hall Of Fame
'When you got the mic, you got the crowd, you gotta say something, or else your moment in time is wasted,' Big Sean tells MTV News about second LP.
By Rob Markman

Big Sean has talking up his sophomore album for a few months and now said project finally has a name.

"I decided to call my second album Hall of Fame: Memoirs of a Detroit Player," Sean announced to a crowd in Montreal, Quebec, on Wednesday night during a performance. "We all strive to be the best. If you don't do it to be the best I don't why the f--- you do it."

Sean, who just dropped Cruel Summer along with his G.O.O.D. Music clique says we can expect the album this winter, and back in June, gave MTV News some insight on the upcoming project.

"I've been in the studio with [Kanye West], talking with 'Ye, building ideas with No I.D., even with Nas, with other people and really talking to 'em and soaking up where their minds is at," he told us, "Then taking that and applying it to what I know myself. It ain't no choice but to be good."

After dropping his gold-selling debut Finally Famous the Motor City lyricist began thinking about his growth as an artist. "I also have a sense of how people look at me, just by going on tour, my first solo tour, sold-out tour and seeing the people and kids who looked at me as a role model," Big Sean said. "That's when I realized when you got the mic, you got the crowd, you gotta say something, or else your moment in time is wasted. It's just a whole different thought mentality."

Last edited:
Can't wait for the tape :smokin

Does anyone know who he sampled for "How It Feel"? It sounds mad ill

Will check out the mixtape. I didnt really like the album, but Sean does offer something different for me to listen to. I dont need to hear deep and complex music all the time.

Wasn't the first single ft. J Cole suppose to drop today? What gives?

Anyways, another preview. Mixtape is gonna be bananas!

Wasn't the first single ft. J Cole suppose to drop today? What gives?

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]
Anyways, another preview. Mixtape is gonna be bananas!

J Cole will be on the song you posted, 24 Karats of Gold.

I think people misunderstood, he dropped the preview of the song Cole will be on, not the whole thing.

he closed out his tour in ATL last fall and said it was on the way.

lol one year later. this **** sounds smooth ...

looks like he's been giving away mediocre raps for his feature. and saving a lil something.

anticipating this and his album.

and i agree w/ Sean being one of the more versatile newer artist. he can make more than one type of song. the others seem to struggle

Back
Top Bottom