Bigdeal.com legit?

http://bigdeal.com/

Anyone ever used this site? Is it legit? Please share what you know.

Directly off of their site:

[h1]What is BigDeal.com?[/h1] [h3]BigDeal.com - Save Up To 90% On Brand New, Factory Sealed Items![/h3]
Based in San Francisco, CA, BigDeal.com is a venture-backed company that is pioneering a new type of auction called the GUARANTEED AUCTION. Guaranteed auctions are different than typical Internet auctions in the following three ways:
  1. Winners of guaranteed auctions get a huge discount, typically 65%-90% off retail. We only auction new, factory-sealed items with a 100% return guarantee.
  2. In order to win an auction, users purchase bids for $0.75 each. This keeps competition low, resulting in huge discounts for the winner.
  3. Users who don't win the Guaranteed Auction get ALL their money back to purchase the auction item at its retail price and can apply their money to get a discount on a gift card.
[h3]How Do Guaranteed Auctions Work?[/h3]
To participate in an auction, customers purchase bids for $0.75 each. When a customer bids, the price of the auction increases by a few pennies ($0.15 in most auctions) and the auction clock goes up by a few seconds (30 seconds in most auctions). The last bidder when the clock reaches zero wins the auction and gets a really Big Deal (up to 90% off!). There is no reserve price on Guaranteed Auctions.
[h3]What If I Don't Win The Auction?[/h3]
Say you bought 30 bids for $22.50 and spent those bids on an auction and someone else won the auction. No big deal! If the auction item retails for $100, you can buy the item from us for $77.50 ($100-$22.50). Even if you don't win the auction, you pay the same you would have paid on most ecommerce sites!

In addition, we give you $22.50 in "Loyalty Bucks" that you can redeem for a $22.50 discount on a $100 gift card to many participating retailers. Basically, even if you don't win an auction, you STILL SAVE MONEY! That's why we call it a Guaranteed Auction.
[h3]About The Company[/h3]
Our goal is to bring the fun back into shopping. What is more fun that the chance to get a very Big Deal on a highly coveted item with no risk of losing money?

The company was co-founded by Brandon Ramsey, George Leimer, Kit Codik and Nicolas Darveau-Garneau. Together, we have over 50 years of ecommerce experience in places like Yahoo!, eBay, Apple, Microsoft, Della.com, and Half.com.

We hope you enjoy BigDeal.com and come back often!

Sorry if it's been posted, I couldn't find it by searching.

eek.gif
eek.gif

Ain't no way.

There are many sites like this..i believe it's legit..

I use bidcactus.com and bidsauce.com it's unreal how little most the items they sell for..

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I use bidcactus.com and bidsauce.com it's unreal how little most the items they sell for..
show some proof of some stuff you got
eek.gif

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by dmxgod

show some proof of some stuff you got
eek.gif
Haven't won anythin yet
laugh.gif

It's legit, I think its a great business model too. They make their money off the # of bids. Its really hard to win though.

Back
Top Bottom