Biggest Recruiting Losses in Your Programs History

Stole this from another board..

Looking back at recruits is always interested to me

Add your team(s)

1. Kenny Anderson-Kenny wanted to be a Hoya, ever since he was in 7th grade, but Coach Thompson decided not to make a home visit. Coach Thompsonwhy oh why didn't you drop by at the Anderson crib?

2. Grant Hill-Grant grew up as Georgetown fan also and attended games as a season ticket holder. However Mary Fenlon asksGrant Hill to read from a book aloud during a visit to campus and asks him to tell her what exactly she read. Insulted by the request, Grant decides he'snot coming to Georgetown

--Keith Bogans REALLY wanted to be a Hoya but was steered away by Dematha.
--Likewise for Joe Forte.
- Rasheed was down to UNC and Gtown
- Sharif Abdul Rahim- Wanted to attend GTOWN but was concerned about being a muslim student a at Catholic school with no Islamicstudies programs
- I had indeed always heard Larry Johnson was close to becoming a Hoya, OR would transfer to Georgetown if Jerry Tarkananian and hisprogram ever got put on probation by the NCAA. But of course it never happened.

ND - probably too many to write down

John Thompson was recruiting for two schools: Georgetown and Nike.

There are probably more recruits that didn't sign with Georgetown that really didn't bother Thompson in the long run.

Ndudi Ebi could have been a very good college player at Arizona, but instead he went to the NBA, sucked, and ruined his life.

Randy Moss.....
smh.gif
smh.gif

Recent history....Hmm, where do I begin....Lets start with......

Percy Harvin and CJ Spiller....

Ron Mercer was interested in coming to Vandy but they rejected him because of grades.

JP Prince was set on coming to Vandy from Arizona but the school doesn't accept midseason transfers.

the Real question is how did G'Town and Maryland let Kevin Durant out of the state maryland?

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

the Real question is how did G'Town and Maryland let Kevin Durant out of the state maryland?

Iv'e been wondering myself. Augustin makes sense, Ford made sense. the dudes from Louisiana and other Texas cities makes sense, due to geographicproximity. Durant? I'm happy for it, but how did that happen
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FlyDaily

Antone Smith...but looking back at it now..i'm glad we didnt get him
Pahoke players always go to FSU
Glades Central players always go to UF.

wasnt no loss, wasnt no secret

Originally Posted by dreClark

Randy Moss.....
smh.gif
smh.gif

I thought Randy came to FSU after ND let him go because of his arrest then he got kicked off the team for violating his probation

-Shawn Kemp - was enrolled, became ineligible before the season, stole jewelry from Sean Sutton, bye bye...
-Allen Iverson - Pitino pulled his scholarship after that bowling alley fight.
-Tracy McGrady - would've went to UK.
-Dirk Nowitzki - would've went to UK or UNC

recently:

Tyler Hansbrough and Brandan Wright (damn UNC)- just one of these dudes would've given Randolph Morris some help and we would've been extremely good.
Thaddeus Young - could've used him as well.

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by dreClark

Randy Moss.....
smh.gif
smh.gif

I thought Randy came to FSU after ND let him go because of his arrest then he got kicked off the team for violating his probation

yeah.....I know the reason why he left.....I just wished that he could've stayed here....

mike miller...dude grew up in south dakota where they have no D1 schools..nebraska thought they had a shot at him because it was the closest school to him andthe only other good player to come out of south dakota (eric piatowski) went to nebraska..

Amare Stoudemire and Qyntel Woods both committed to Memphis before they declared for the draft.

Imagine Memphis with:

Amare Stoudemire

Qyntel Woods

Dajuan Wagner

Rodney Carney

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

i know Steve Slaton is Kool-Aid and all that, but i wouldn't have minded having a guy like that on MD for the past 3 years. Friedgen rejected him
smh.gif

Why does everyone think that Slaton is Kool-Aid?

Tyler Hansbrough and Brandan Wright (damn UNC)- just one of these dudes would've given Randolph Morris some help and we would've been extremely good.

So tyler hansbrough, 2 time (soon to be 3) all american, wouldve been the one helping out randolph morris, underachiever and general watse of court space?

Recently: UConn lost bynum to the L.

Miami. Most recently...Patrick Johnson. couple years ago Ali highsmith and lastyear in basketball, Devin Ebanks was a big loss.

Miami. Most recently...Patrick Johnson. couple years ago Ali highsmith and lastyear in basketball, Devin Ebanks was a big loss.

PJ = $$$$$
D.Bowe=$$$$

Alit only left because he couldnt get the grades.........

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Former Hurricane signee Ali Highsmith was expecting to be in a Hurricane uniform last month.

He was told when he was denied admission in August that if he improved his SAT score, which he did with what he says was a 1090, that he would be able to practice with the team in December.

Instead he says he was told by UM officials in December that he needed to take three classes at another school - Miami-Dade or Broward Community College were mentioned as good possibilities - and that if he got a 2.5 grade-point average in those classes that he would be accepted at UM.

"I don't know why that was," Highsmith said. "They wanted me to take the classes, sign a national letter-of-intent in February and come in with the incoming freshmen (in the fall)."

That gave Highsmith a decision to make - he could either take the classes and continue trying to be accepted at Miami, or since he was eligible per NCAA standards he could be accepted at another university that was offering him a football scholarship.

"The same schools that were recruiting him (last year) still wanted him," Highsmith's father, Elvis said.

In the end, Ali decided to attend community college to fulfill his dream and become a Hurricane. Classes begin next week.

Highsmith says he thought everything was set after he achieved the necessary SAT score.

When he found out UM still wouldn't accept him, he said, "I was devastated. They told me to do something, all I had to do was get the score. I got the score and then it was something new.

"It's the admissions -- I just feel like they gave me the run-around.

"I talked to admissions - we had a meeting, we sat down and talked and they told me what was going on, why everything was happening like this. They were referring back to something that was old that we justified, and now they were bringing it back up. They were still talking about my old SAT score, I don't know why. They were trying to see if I'm capable of doing the work on the college level, that's what it seemed to me."

The fallout from that meeting, which he says included one of the deans: "My father, he was upset because he's like, `They told us one thing, we take care of that, now it's another thing.'"

Highsmith adds, "I just felt like Miami was the place to be. I want to play for them."

Roy Williams told Ty Lawson and Dj Augustine that whoever committed first would get the PG position.....

Back
Top Bottom