Bill O Reily?!?!

Bill is right on this one. The media was glorifying Michael Jackson.

I understand that he was a global icon and I like his music, but it was a bit much. You had very important bills that went through congress REAL NEWS thatnobody covered, even Fox News.

We live in a cultural that idolizes celebrities and it is disgusting. There are people that cared more about MJ dieing than probably people in their ownfamily. Those people who paraded themselves on that stage yesterday "claimed" to love MJ, but didn't do a damn thing to help him.

it was a bit much but people fail to realize how great a humanitarian he was idk how %$*% was wen elvis died or marilyn monroe but im sure nobodi complained

When that overrated bum Reagan passed and Fox News did 24/hr coverage on him for a good 4 days it was all good. Bill O'Reilly complains about the coveragebeing overblown yet all his opening segments for the past 2 nights have been about MJ.. so how can he criticize something he's voluntarily indulgent in.

Originally Posted by MNewYork

it was a bit much but people fail to realize how great a humanitarian he was idk how %$*% was wen elvis died or marilyn monroe but im sure nobodi complained

Yeah, he was great humanitarian, but spent $500 million on himself and was in debt when he died. How do you know what it was like for Elvis and Monroe, wereyou alive? Dont listen to Diddy, bro. I know where you are getting at.

My mother was telling me how they trashed Elvis when he died calling him a "pill popper", ect.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

I understand that he was a global icon and I like his music, but it was a bit much. You had very important bills that went through congress REAL NEWS that nobody covered, even Fox News.

We live in a cultural that idolizes celebrities and it is disgusting. There are people that cared more about MJ dieing than probably people in their own family. Those people who paraded themselves on that stage yesterday "claimed" to love MJ, but didn't do a damn thing to help him.

Although one can say we overdid it(not my opinion), we are America we do everything over the top.

I mean do you remember Reagan? Dude was president in JUST the U.S. and dude was straight overkilled with coverage, his son was made famous off the coveragealone
laugh.gif

MJ was a global icon, his death is barely a couple weeks old. I will wait a couple more before I can truly judge what is overkill or not ,although I am sureBill is giving his viewers what they want. Also we all know fox news is absent in the blame.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

When that overrated bum Reagan passed and Fox News did 24/hr coverage on him for a good 4 days it was all good. Bill O'Reilly complains about the coverage being overblown yet all his opening segments for the past 2 nights have been about MJ.. so how can he criticize something he's voluntarily indulgent in.
agreed.

When that overrated bum Reagan passed and Fox News did 24/hr coverage on him for a good 4 days it was all good. Bill O'Reilly complains about the coverage being overblown yet all his opening segments for the past 2 nights have been about MJ.. so how can he criticize something he's voluntarily indulgent in.

Comparing a president to MJ? Come on, man. Any president that dies is going to get coverage. Bill is making it a point, because he's a commentator, hecommentates, that's what he's paid for.

I mean do you remember Reagan? Dude was president in JUST the U.S. and dude was straight overkilled with coverage, his son was made famous off the coverage alone
laugh.gif

MJ was a global icon, his death is barely a couple weeks old. I will wait a couple more before I can truly judge what is overkill or not ,although I am sure Bill is giving his viewers what they want. Also we all know fox news is absent in the blame.

MJ made great music. Reagan ended the Cold War and recovered the country economically from the 70's. How can you even compare?

Yeah, he was great humanitarian, but spent $500 million on himself and was in debt when he died. How do you know what it was like for Elvis and Monroe, were you alive? Dont listen to Diddy, bro. I know where you are getting at.

My mother was telling me how they trashed Elvis when he died calling him a "pill popper", ect.

He was though
grin.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Yeah, he was great humanitarian, but spent $500 million on himself and was in debt when he died. How do you know what it was like for Elvis and Monroe, were you alive? Dont listen to Diddy, bro. I know where you are getting at.

He was though
grin.gif

So was MJ.

Comparing MJ to a president dieing is just stupid and irrelevant. Even when Nixon died he got overwhelming covereage.

I understand that he was a global icon and I like his music, but it was a bit much. You had very important bills that went through congress REAL NEWS that nobody covered, even Fox News.

We live in a cultural that idolizes celebrities and it is disgusting. There are people that cared more about MJ dieing than probably people in their own family. Those people who paraded themselves on that stage yesterday "claimed" to love MJ, but didn't do a damn thing to help him.

I see you on this.
The day that he died they interviewed a grown woman crying while her sone was standing right next to her. In the midst of all her tears she was able to utterthe words "This is the worst day of my life"? I understand his iconic status, but seriously......The saddes day?

fam even when there is no Mike Jackson media frenzy the news focuses on nonsense. We miss so many important things in the world because of nonissues or because for some reason they only cover certain subjects. Saying MJ is the problem is ignoring the real problem

Fede DPT wrote:
MJ made great music. Reagan ended the Cold War and recovered the country economically from the 70's. How can you even compare?

ouch

Reagan ended the cold War
laugh.gif
.......Recovered entails no debt which wasn't achieved until Clinton. However, those are other arguments, for other threads.

The fact remains MJ influenced more people on a global scale whether you choose to admit it or not. This USA > mentality has to cease. CNN is a globalnetwork, the media gives people what they want not vice versa. Blame people not the media for caring so much about MJ.

Alright enough with this Michael Jackson stuff about 2 days after he died I realized he did nothing to make my life or my families life better so why should Icare. I know it sounds messed up but everyone claiming he inspired them is just saying it NOW that he is dead. I swear I'm getting tired of hearingeveryone even down to the really young kids saying "HE WAS AN INSPIRATION TO ME!" no he wasn't let him be the man is dead now.

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

fam even when there is no Mike Jackson media frenzy the news focuses on nonsense. We miss so many important things in the world because of non issues or because for some reason they only cover certain subjects. Saying MJ is the problem is ignoring the real problem

MJ wasn't the problem. It is the cable news media, they did it for ratings. Fox News did a study when MJ died and when they would talk about somethingother than MJ, their ratings tanked.

Fede DPT wrote:

ouch

laugh.gif
.......Recovered entails no debt which wasn't achieved until Clinton. However, those are other arguments, for other threads.

The fact remains MJ influenced more people on a global scale whether you choose to admit it or not. This USA > mentality has to cease. CNN is a global network, the media gives people what they want not vice versa. Blame people not the media for caring so much about MJ.

Reagan put us in debt? Check his budget proposals compared to what the Democratic House over spent. Anyway, this isn't about Reagan v. MJ.

I do blame the media for caring so much, I dont blame MJ for anything.

Fede DPT wrote:

ouch

laugh.gif

The fact remains MJ influenced more people on a global scale whether you choose to admit it or not. This USA > mentality has to cease. CNN is a global network, the media gives people what they want not vice versa. Blame people not the media for caring so much about MJ.

Reagan put us in debt? Check his budget proposals compared to what the Democratic House over spent. Anyway, this isn't about Reagan v. MJ.

Where did I say he put us in debt? Carter did that.....You claimed her recovered the economy I disagree.

How can you blame the media for caring about ratings, that is their job.

laugh.gif
if you think they do it for the good of information.

Fede DPT wrote:

ouch

laugh.gif

wats wrong wit the media caring about one of the greatest entertainers ever

How ironic though.... the same "News" channel that reported on such meaningful and momentous stories as... lapel pins, Bill Ayers, ACORN, MicheleObama's Terrorist Fist Jab, Teleprompters are now lecturing everyone on what is deemed meaningful coverage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How ironic though.... the same "News" channel that reported on such meaningful and momentous stories as... lapel pins, Bill Ayers, ACORN, Michele Obama's Terrorist Fist Jab, Teleprompters are now lecturing everyone on what is deemed meaningful coverage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
agreed...

Back
Top Bottom